Which schools do you reckon will be in the top 10? (1 Viewer)

JRAHS14

HSC
How many students on average from ruse get 99.95?
And what % of ruse kids get an atar over 95? o-o I have a friend that went to ruse last year, she said she was pretty average but she got an atar of 98
2011 we had 9 99.95ers and the median ATAR in 2011 is 99.1

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Only 3? But they came 2nd??? I know that a couple of the girls schools got 1 and one (can't remember which) got 2. And syd grammar got 5.
Rankings are just about band 6s so it's more about consistency in a way (not really, or it'd take into account band 5s which are above the average state wide - but that's the result of league tables made only off the little available data).

It's not unheard of for people from extremely low ranked schools to get 99.95, but it doesn't mean that school should suddenly be in the top 50.

Demento1

Philosopher.
HSC
Only 3? But they came 2nd??? I know that a couple of the girls schools got 1 and one (can't remember which) got 2. And syd grammar got 5.
Because league tables are stupid and take very little into account.

Rawf

HSC
This isn't really relevant.. but if we select to get our HSC results by SMS are we still allowed to access them online if we wanted to?

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Do ya reckon that the sms would be sent at around 6am? Or maybe in the arvo?
6. Give or take a few minutes - differs person to person. Since it opened earlier online i'd had my results for like 10-15 minutes before the sms lol.

Rawf

HSC
6. Give or take a few minutes - differs person to person. Since it opened earlier online i'd had my results for like 10-15 minutes before the sms lol.
I thought it opens at 6 as well online? I'm deciding whether to wake up early to see them or just waiting for the text lolol
Oh well I shouldn't be thinking of that now. The exams aren't over yet :( its too easy to get ahead of yourself in times like this.. I just want to get into my uni course, I have no set atar, I just want what will suffice!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)