Which schools do you reckon will be in the top 10? (1 Viewer)

Rawf

HSC
Erm... ruse, baulko, hornsby girls, north Sydney girls/boys?
Definitely not my school.. I reckon my schools gonna come in at 60 -__-

zeciro

HSC
Ruse
Baulko
NSB
NSG
Hornsby Girls
SG
SB
... and three other schools.

Not necessarily in this order, mind.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Like pretty much same selectives that hover top 10, unless Mark Faled rallies with an awesome two person cohort or something.

I wish they did a full rank table, I want my school to get scrape into the top 200 w000000t.

gorab

HSC
A friend of mine told me that Sydney Tech will be a canditate for the top10 spot

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
A friend of mine told me that Sydney Tech will be a canditate for the top10 spot
Defs lol. (i doubt st george can even do it and they're statistically stronger every year but pls let it happen haha)

I'd say:

1. Ruse (comes 1st for 17th consecutive year)
2. NSG
3. Baulko
4. Sydney Girls
5. Hornsby Girls
6. NSB
7. Sydney Boys
8 to 10. Private schools, one being Sydney Grammar.

I'm randomly predicting that Fort Street won't be able to defend their 8th spot and will be knocked out of top 10 this year.
Randomly predicting that Sydney Grammar joins top 10 again.
Randomly predictin NSB won't live up to last year's standards.

Predictin girl counterparts will rank better this year. i.e.:
NSG > NSB
Syd Girls > Syd Boys
St George > Tech

Ruse should come 1st by a comfortable margin this year considering the shock of nearly losing their throne last year.
Ain't expectin any major upsets this year nor Ruse gettin dethroned.

My bold predictions for 2013:
1. Malek Fahd (10 person(s) cohort with everyone getting Band 6s in all their subs (plus every student doing biology and all of them state rank bio), 100% DA.)
2. Ruse - (Attemptin 18th consecutive year at no.1 but denied by Malek Fahd)
3 - 10. - doesnt matter cause shit will go down when Ruse gets dethroned.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Also hopefully, we might see a ''surprise'' school (not a regular) break into the top 10 for HSC 2012.

(e.g. Fort Street in 2011)

But most likely would be a private school anyways since private schools dominate the ranks from 11th to 50th.

Seriously, want to see random ''upsets'' more often and random schools breaking through. (e.g. Sydney Boys falling out of top 10 or Baulko falls out of top 5)

theind1996

HSC
N/A
For selective schools, from what I've heard:

Ruse 2012 is crazy good, easily should be 1st.

Fort St 2012 is not too great, pretty poor cohort.

Penrith 2012 is a very strong cohort, best in a few years.

Baulko 2012 is very poor, some say that they might even drop to 5th-ish.

Sydney Tech 2012 - the top is absolutely nuts (especially maths), on average, not sure.

Girraween 2012 is poor compared to the previous year, especially English.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Very poor=5th, they're just so bad...
yeah 5th for Baulko is terribad. (srs)

Outside of top 5 for Baulko would be a VERY BIG UPSET.

Baulko were solid ''2nd'' previously until recent years where other schools have gotten stranglehold over 2nd (e.g. NSB in 2011 and NSG in 2010), resulting Baulko being 3rd. We can see this trend of them being 3rd continue for awhile even....

It's weird not seeing Baulko at 2nd position. They were meant to be Ruse's true rival...

alexobern

HSC
i know, i was making a joke about the skewed perceptions induced by selective school elitism

keppryyy

HSC
yeah 5th for Baulko is terribad. (srs)

Outside of top 5 for Baulko would be a VERY BIG UPSET.

Baulko were solid ''2nd'' previously until recent years where other schools have gotten stranglehold over 2nd (e.g. NSB in 2011 and NSG in 2010), resulting Baulko being 3rd. We can see this trend of them being 3rd continue for awhile even....

It's weird not seeing Baulko at 2nd position. They were meant to be Ruse's true rival...
bro calm down mate its the hsc why the fuck are you talking about schools having an upset or fort st defending their 8th place calm the fuck down brah this aint a fuckn war bro its just school ranks as long as you do good who the fuck cares how other people do, and trust me mate, malek fahd is not going to come first not in a million years.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
i know, i was making a joke about the skewed perceptions induced by selective school elitism
See, it's not selective school elitism that creates these perceptions. It's all based on past performances and expectations.

Let's compare this to the tennis world's current situation:

Currently, the top 4 men (known as the Big 4) in Tennis are Novak Djokovic, Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal and Andy Murray.

If one of these guys fall out of the top 4 and were to be ranked 5th or 6th, it'd be totally weird (you'll understand if you follow tennis) considering their dominance at ATP Masters 1000s and the 4 Grand slams every year.

If one of them were to lose at a slam quarterfinals or before that (early rounds) then it'd obviously be considered an upset. Why? Cause the top 4 seeds are EXPECTED to all reach the semi-finals of the grandslam to battle it out for the finals and eventually championship title.

Ruse has been 1st for 16 consecutive years since 1996 and we can ONLY EXPECT this trend to continue. Once they get dethroned and lose their 1st position, it's considered an upset even if they come 2nd because their dominance has been extreme for the past 2 decades nearly. This is similar to how if a defending champion of a sporting event loses the next year (assuming the event is held every year).

We EXPECT Baulko to remain in top 3 at the VERY LEAST because of their consistency to remain in the top 3. Once they fall out, it'd be a shock to people and an ''upset'' for the school.

theind1996

HSC
N/A
bro calm down mate its the hsc why the fuck are you talking about schools having an upset or fort st defending their 8th place calm the fuck down brah this aint a fuckn war bro its just school ranks as long as you do good who the fuck cares how other people do, and trust me mate, malek fahd is not going to come first not in a million years.
Keppryyy mate you better watch yourself.

Rivalry goes to your school.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)