Which schools do you reckon will be in the top 10? (1 Viewer)

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
What are your predictions for top 5?
1. Ruse
2. NSG
3. Baulko
4. Sydney Girls
5. Hornsby Girls

In 2011, boy counterpart schools dominated (NSB and syd boys esp.). Expectin girl schools to make a comeback this year.

Demento1

Philosopher.
HSC
1. Ruse
2. NSG
3. Baulko
4. Sydney Girls
5. Hornsby Girls

In 2011, boy counterpart schools dominated (NSB and syd boys esp.). Expectin girl schools to make a comeback this year.
Sydney Grammar is going to up their game.

pHyRe

HSC
I doubt grammar will lift their game much, apparently this year is a bit derro but considering that this ranking is based off HSC marks that could work in their favour since they'd do easier subjects. Also, i think last year was their 2nd or 3rd best year in the last 10+ even though they dropped out of the top 10 which is pretty weird.

Last edited:

ahdil33

HSC
Defs lol. (i doubt st george can even do it and they're statistically stronger every year but pls let it happen haha)

I'd say:

1. Ruse (comes 1st for 17th consecutive year)
2. NSG
3. Baulko
4. Sydney Girls
5. Hornsby Girls
6. NSB
7. Sydney Boys
8 to 10. Private schools, one being Sydney Grammar.

I'm randomly predicting that Fort Street won't be able to defend their 8th spot and will be knocked out of top 10 this year.
Randomly predicting that Sydney Grammar joins top 10 again.
Randomly predictin NSB won't live up to last year's standards.

Predictin girl counterparts will rank better this year. i.e.:
NSG > NSB
Syd Girls > Syd Boys
St George > Tech

Ruse should come 1st by a comfortable margin this year considering the shock of nearly losing their throne last year.
Ain't expectin any major upsets this year nor Ruse gettin dethroned.

My bold predictions for 2013:
1. Malek Fahd (10 person(s) cohort with everyone getting Band 6s in all their subs (plus every student doing biology and all of them state rank bio), 100% DA.)
2. Ruse - (Attemptin 18th consecutive year at no.1 but denied by Malek Fahd)
3 - 10. - doesnt matter cause shit will go down when Ruse gets dethroned.
I also think pigs will fly this year.

Some of the logic in this thread makes no fucking sense. Just because boy schools out performed girls schools last year, does that mean all girls in these schools will be like "oh we better study because last year the girls did bad"? No. Neither does Ruse almost losing their throne last year mean they'll be saying"Oh we must all work together as a year to secure our ranking".

EDIT: Apparently you're not being serious. but it's hard to tell on the internet. As for Malek Fahd coming first, won't happen, they can't limit their cohort that much haha. I'm not sure if you've kept in touch it what's been going on there, but previously they had the system where they would moderate the top studen'ts marks to ensure they would be doing well in all subjects (like kids who were good at sciences would have their english marks moderated). Actaully I'm not 100% sure if this is true, but this is what an MFIS student told me, so yeah. Apparently since that stopped they've been dropping down heaps, hence the not even close to top 10 last year.

It all just depends on the individual cohorts. SBHS and NSB had insane cohorts this year; unlikely they'll do it again. SBHS has a massive tail this year, but a strong top. Baulko apparently has a large tail too

1.Ruse
2. NSG
3. SBHS
4. Baulko
5. SGHS
6. NSB
rest doesn't matter.lol

Last edited:

pHyRe

HSC
No it doesn't mean that girls will go let's beat the boys or whatever but ATAR estimates will be based off last years results. When girls get them they will be lower than they should be and thus work even harder to do well in the HSC. Same with Ruse.

ahdil33

HSC
No it doesn't mean that girls will go let's beat the boys or whatever but ATAR estimates will be based off last years results. When girls get them they will be lower than they should be and thus work even harder to do well in the HSC. Same with Ruse.
As if people take their estimates that seriously? People should, (and I assume would) know that principals usually underestimate and base it off the year. they would only be lowered by 0.2-0.3 at worst for most people, I find it hard to believe people would based the amount of study they did on an estimate. As in if you were getting 98.6 instead of 98.3, you'd say, "ah well I guess I can put my foot off the pedal enough". Assuming people are studying for courses, chances are the estimate wouldn't make too much of a difference on whether they'll make the cut off or not anyway, so I can't see why it would make a huge difference.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
I also think pigs will fly this year.

Some of the logic in this thread makes no fucking sense. Just because boy schools out performed girls schools last year, does that mean all girls in these schools will be like "oh we better study because last year the girls did bad"? No. Neither does Ruse almost losing their throne last year mean they'll be saying"Oh we must all work together as a year to secure our ranking".

EDIT: Apparently you're not being serious. but it's hard to tell on the internet. As for Malek Fahd coming first, won't happen, they can't limit their cohort that much haha. I'm not sure if you've kept in touch it what's been going on there, but previously they had the system where they would moderate the top studen'ts marks to ensure they would be doing well in all subjects (like kids who were good at sciences would have their english marks moderated). Actaully I'm not 100% sure if this is true, but this is what an MFIS student told me, so yeah. Apparently since that stopped they've been dropping down heaps, hence the not even close to top 10 last year.

It all just depends on the individual cohorts. SBHS and NSB had insane cohorts this year; unlikely they'll do it again. SBHS has a massive tail this year, but a strong top. Baulko apparently has a large tail too

1.Ruse
2. NSG
3. SBHS
4. Baulko
5. SGHS
6. NSB
rest doesn't matter.lol
I did say they were random predictions, no?

But, SBHS beating Baulko will be a surprise for me personally if your list somehow happens.

But yes, basically those schools in your list + Hornsby have the stranglehold on top 7.

Would be nice to see a school break that strangehold once in awhile.

randomnocity

HSC
I feel the top 3-4 will remain virtually the same, definately james ruse staying first, but i think we'll see an upset further into the top 10
may even see Marist kogarah sneak in there, they are a very competitive cohort this year, far better than previous year :)

ahdil33

HSC
I did say they were random predictions, no?

But, SBHS beating Baulko will be a surprise for me personally if your list somehow happens.

But yes, basically those schools in your list + Hornsby have the stranglehold on top 7.

Would be nice to see a school break that strangehold once in awhile.
Ah yeah haha fair enough, they were very 'bold'

Yeah I think my SBHS prediction is based on hope, not on reality. I guess it's just hard to reel in as many students who work harder as the established selective schools do.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
I feel the top 3-4 will remain virtually the same, definately james ruse staying first, but i think we'll see an upset further into the top 10
may even see Marist kogarah sneak in there, they are a very competitive cohort this year, far better than previous year :)
well, it's hard to tell kinda.

Besides Ruse being 1st, the ranks between 2nd to 7th fluctuates between schools usually. One year, the boy counterpart schools could be takin up 2 of the top 4 spots and one year, the girl counterpart schools could be takin up 2 of the top 4 spots. (assuming Ruse and Baulko take up the other 2 spots of the top 4)

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Ah yeah haha fair enough, they were very 'bold'

Yeah I think my SBHS prediction is based on hope, not on reality. I guess it's just hard to reel in as many students who work harder as the established selective schools do.
I think Ruse can continue their streak for another decade or two so yeah :haha:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)