Which Textbooks/Study Guides?? (1 Viewer)

dtmtrano

HSC
Hello,

I was thinking about getting a headstart during the holidays and so I'm gonna get some preliminary textbooks to read through and learn the fundamentals on. What do u guys recommend for:

- Maths Extension 1
- Studies of Religion 1 unit
- Modern History
- Business Studies

thanks

Kurosaki

True Fail Kid
HSC
Hello,

I was thinking about getting a headstart during the holidays and so I'm gonna get some preliminary textbooks to read through and learn the fundamentals on. What do u guys recommend for:

- Maths Extension 1
- Modern History
- Business Studies

thanks
maths: Cambridge, Fitzpatrick or terry lee are all good.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Cambridge is the shiz. For preliminary content I highly recommend completing trig. identies exercise. Understand this, you will pretty much be able to answer any other question.

HAX0R

HSC
Cambridge for maths.

Read through the easy sections which you have covered like Chpt1 and 2. Once you know all of it, do the trigonometry. Then you can browse through the other sections. (Quadratics, Logarithms etc)

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Hello,

- Maths Extension 1
- Modern History
- Business Studies

thanks
For maths extension 1-you should get the maths in focus textbook to learn the fundamentals first-the reason being although Cambridge, terry lee and Fitzpatrick are good for harder question practices, since you are self-studying, maths in focus provides a easier introduction into the basics, and if you have time, you can try the questions in the other textbooks,

for studies of religion 1 unit-I think there is a Cambridge textbook on studies of religion that covers both the preliminary and HSC course-might be a good idea to borrow/buy it

for business studies-can read jacaranda business studies in action-will give you quite a good overview of the course content-read the preliminary book-can borrow from the library

Just one more tip, sometimes to learn the fundamentals-you should actually try to do some of the questions-so that you understand how to use that knowledge. Happy studying:)

HAX0R

HSC
For maths extension 1-you should get the maths in focus textbook to learn the fundamentals first-the reason being although Cambridge, terry lee and Fitzpatrick are good for harder question practices, since you are self-studying, maths in focus provides a easier introduction into the basics, and if you have time, you can try the questions in the other textbooks,

for studies of religion 1 unit-I think there is a Cambridge textbook on studies of religion that covers both the preliminary and HSC course-might be a good idea to borrow/buy it

for business studies-can read jacaranda business studies in action-will give you quite a good overview of the course content-read the preliminary book-can borrow from the library

Just one more tip, sometimes to learn the fundamentals-you should actually try to do some of the questions-so that you understand how to use that knowledge. Happy studying:)
I agree with the MIF part. However, whatever you do, be sure to purchase Cambridge some time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)