Which topic is the hardest in your opinion? (1 Viewer)

Catberry

HSC
N/A
I've heard that Motors and Generators is the hardest and the hardest elective is Quanta to Quarks.
What do you think?

tashe

HSC
N/A
I've heard that Motors and Generators is the hardest and the hardest elective is Quanta to Quarks.
What do you think?
+1 on Motor and Generators. A lot of my friends find that the hardest of the three cores as well.

Not sure about the elective as I only did Q2Q. Although, it does follow on from I&I closely.

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
For me, Motors and Generators were the hardest topic (but that was because our school didn't have much equipment to be able to show us the practical uses of what we are learning so I felt very disconnected), I am not sure about electives though-I guess it depends on what you enjoy as a person. You could well have different topics which you felt was the hardest-and that might be due to your life experiences, interests, teacher's preference etc. But remember, if you are willing to take that extra mile to ask the questions when you don't understand anything, to do plenty of practice questions, even in hard topics, you can end up acing them and getting that band 6:)-keep working hard:)

theodore0307

HSC
Space. Its not even space. It should be called getting to space. Projectile motion is probably the hardest part.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Motors and Generators was quite a challenging though interesting and rewarding module for me.

Space was just bleh...space.

I2I was quite easy to understand but I was prone to losing silly marks in it.

Age of Silicon was ten times easier than I thought. I remember someone telling me on this forum not to do it if I did not have a computer background but using the Jacaranda chapter it was the easiest module and was equivalent of difficulty as year 11 "electrical energy in the home" module to me.

In terms of options, you need to be interested in history and elementary particles for q2q (or you can just rote learn), I can't really say much else for others because I have no idea what those options are like.

Recondit

ヽ(" `Д´)ノ
HSC
Motors and Generators for me even though I enjoyed the calculations. Space and Medical Physics were my favourites so I found those the easiest - probably since they loosely tie with maths and chem respectively. I2I was meh for me, maybe the mind fucking long responses have to do with it.

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I found ideas to implementation to be the hardest while space and motors and generators to be in the same level.

nexusbrah

Harvey Specter of IB
HSC
Out of space and MG.

Finding MG a lot harder, probs put more hours in to it when studying for exams.

bongoli

HSC
More of an MG fan tbh, i love motors and generators as opposed to space *shudders thinking about relativity*

Rathaen

HSC
Motors and Generators definitely seems to manage to confuse a lot of people every year, judging by the questions on the phys subforums :p

Quanta to Quarks imo, is difficult only in terms of the volume of information required for you to regurgitate (at least, it felt that way to me). My school made us all do the same topic, and the perception that I got from the other students was that Q2Q was the easier module in terms of getting marks in the HSC exam.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)