Which uni is best for Electrical Engineering? (1 Viewer)

nifkeh

HSC
I just wanted to hear from current students or those in uni in engineering about which uni they feel is best for Electrical engineering which I plan to do after the HSC. I'm deciding between UTS and UNSW, UTS is more practice based I think which is good because you have experience before you graduate already, but UNSW is at the same time more prestigious and reputable overseas and in Australia, though I think it doesn't sound very practice oriented like UTS is in terms of learning. Are they both on par or is one slightly 'better' than the other? I know this is a subjective question but I would like to hear thoughts and opinions. :) Thanks in advance!

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Everyone on this forum is just going to say UNSW, threads like these never end well. It all depends on how you feel about the internships, if you think they would help you or are interested then UTS would be a good choice but if not just go to UNSW. Ofcourse theres nothing stopping you from doing internships at another uni, but they aren't integrated into the course in the same way. If you think you'd be competitive (have a few extra curriculars and are alright with interviews) i'd suggest you apply or atleast look into the coop engineering scholarships at UTS!

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
In the end, it matters little, what's more important is how well you do in your degree

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Everyone on this forum is just going to say UNSW, threads like these never end well. It all depends on how you feel about the internships, if you think they would help you or are interested then UTS would be a good choice but if not just go to UNSW. Ofcourse theres nothing stopping you from doing internships at another uni, but they aren't integrated into the course in the same way. If you think you'd be competitive (have a few extra curriculars and are alright with interviews) i'd suggest you apply or atleast look into the coop engineering scholarships at UTS!
maybe because UNSW is the best?

Capt Rifle

HSC
I'm actually pretty much in the same position, although it might be early for me. I was actually thinking of UTS because of the internship and how it will significantly benefit me from finding a job. Anyway I still don't know, for now I'm just studying hard lol.

nifkeh

HSC
Academic Requirements

The academic requirement for entry to the Co-op program is a minimum ATAR of 96 (or equivalent). However, if entry to the specific program is higher, students must meet this award requirement, without the assistance of HSC Plus points e.g. entry to the Bachelor of Commerce business programs in 2012 was 96.3 (or equivalent). Students expecting an ATAR above 90 should consider applying.
See FAQs for more information.
UNSW Co-op Scholar Attributes

Candidates for the Co-op Scholarship are selected not only on the basis of their academic ability, but also their communication skills, motivation and leadership potential. Applicants who score very high ATARs, but whose personal interests and achievements have otherwise been quite limited are less likely to be offered a UNSW Co-op Scholarship.

We are looking for Co-op scholars with a number of the following personal qualities:

Is active in school or community activities
Shows initiative and leadership
Makes a significant contribution to school or community
Communicates well
Enjoys working with other people
Wants to be active within the university and Co-op community
Has an interest in a career in industry or a government enterprise
Has ambitions and is keen to contribute in your chosen field
Cares about what is happening in the community, country and the world at large

Sounds great but I need to restart volunteering and helping school community again lol...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)