White flight leaves system segregated by race (3 Viewers)

boris

Banned
HSC
http://www.smh.com.au/news/national...regated-by-race/2008/03/09/1204998283744.html

WHITE students are fleeing public schools, leaving behind those of Aboriginal and Middle Eastern origin, a secret report by high school principals reveals.

The NSW Secondary Principals Council conducted a confidential survey which raises serious concerns about "white flight" undermining the public education system and threatening social cohesion. Some teachers and principals have described it as "de facto apartheid".
Get stuffed. I'll send my kids to whichever school I want to.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC

boris

Banned
HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
they believe that the main aim of public schooling is to learn to appreciate diversity, i'm pretty sure

which is about all you'd be learning in a class full of coons and arabs ;)
The only thing I remember learning from being in a class full of coons was how to hide my valuable shit really well.
And how not to get bashed on the way to lunch because some abo chick didn't like my shoes.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
shouldn't this go in the news forum, how is this light hearted? i find it quite serious that they start separating the white folks from the ethnic minorities. what they are essentially saying is 'i know you can't afford the fees for a private school, so i will send my kids there knowing full well they won't have to mix with you lot'. that's pretty freaken racist. i'd understand if the public education is a whole lot worse than their private counterpart's.

what is it about public school that drives them away anyway?

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC
My Good Ness Gracious Me this Thread Will be cool, Considering the Sheer Amount of Posters who had chapels In Their Schools.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
wuddie said:
shouldn't this go in the news forum, how is this light hearted? i find it quite serious that they start separating the white folks from the ethnic minorities. what they are essentially saying is 'i know you can't afford the fees for a private school, so i will send my kids there knowing full well they won't have to mix with you lot'. that's pretty freaken racist. i'd understand if the public education is a whole lot worse than their private counterpart's.

waaaaaaaaaaaah

in any case if it turned out that all students would learn substantially more in a class with only their own race/culture and a teacher of that same race/culture, who'd be against it?

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
It's not a conscious effort on the part of the 'white' population.

It's more likely a statistical trend that the 'white' population on average is of a higher socio-economic status than immigrants and aborigines. And it's no secret that private schools attract, on average, the higher socio-economic groups.

Is it a problem? Well, only if you think that a school full of aborigines and immigrants is a problem. ;)

boris

Banned
HSC
wuddie said:

I don't get your point.

Yeah. So what if a heap of Indigenous and Arab kids can't afford private school and white kids can. Doesn't mean they need to attend the same school to make you guys feel better about yourselves.

Esentially what those leftist bastards on the news are saying is that these schools are going to implode because they're full of Abos and Arabs and that white kids are needed for social cohesion. If they can't learn to play nice without white mediators they can fuck off.

EDIT: There is a Catholic school out here full of impoverished abos from bre, bourke, walgett, etc. It helps that it's the cheapest co-ed boarding school in NSW....and that most of the time these kids don't end up paying fees at all.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Azamakumar said:
That sounded really racist. What I meant was who cares.
lol

el gwapo

HSC
maybe it's more of an economic problem than anything else. maybe socio-economic.

i'm going to use sydney as an example, since it's the only example i know. the further south (and further west) you get the general idea is it get poorer. I wonder if the segregation there is more prevalent than say in the Northern Beaches or north-west. i know in my former high school (public co-ed) the ratio of race was proportional, determined by simplying walking around the campus.

the article references a lot of country examples, which seems to fit in line with my socio-economic hypothesis.

white students avoiding what were regarded as Asian schools on the North Shore and some selective high schools that had high proportions of Asian students.
you can't "avoid" selective high schools, you try and get in them, isn't that the idea? "Asian schools" - i have no idea whether that's an actual quotation from the report or simple generalization in the part of smh

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
el gwapo said:
you can't "avoid" selective high schools, you try and get in them, isn't that the idea? "Asian schools" - i have no idea whether that's an actual quotation from the report or simple generalization in the part of smh
I'm fairly certain it's part of the report.

I'm sure most parents wouldn't mind their kids mixing with Asians, but an entire school full of them, where the kids own 'race' is nearly non-existant? How many parents would wish that on their kid?

Jess007

HSC
yeh most parents want there kids mixing with people of their own 'race' i think its good and bad. good because a kid will feel more comfortable growing up and maturing with people with the same backgrounds and influences and life home ( in some cases) but bad becuase they dont get the whole ' multi cultural experience'. but i also think that because some people will grow up being friends with other races it really depends on the indvidual to form friendships or relationships with who ever they fee lcomfortable with, same race or different.

HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
waaaaaaaaaaaah

in any case if it turned out that all students would learn substantially more in a class with only their own race/culture and a teacher of that same race/culture, who'd be against it?
In the unlikely event that that were true, then I would be very worried about what it says about our society if people of one race/culture are unable to think properly by just being in the presence of another race/culture.

HSC
How is it easier? What is it about people of other races that disturbs people into being unable to think properly?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)