Who accelerated subjects and when? Just curious !! (1 Viewer)

ismeta

HSC
I did accelerated IPT last year. Since I have two units less to worry about, that's always a good thing. :) It's good, I have more frees and time to allocate towards the other subjects. Especially useful because of needing to do lots of work for 4U maths.

ellie95

HSC
N/A
How did you find it? And does it make this year much easier for you? :D Post below
We only do 3 subjects a year, so 3 subjects this year then sit your hsc for them and 3 subjects next year and do your hsc for them. We have a 2 hour lesson each day per subject and its pretty good cause only 3 subjects to worry about and study for but we do prelim and hsc course in 1 year for the 3 subjects as we have double lessons and we are sitting our hsc this year so we need to.

Lolly_Polly

HSC
We only do 3 subjects a year, so 3 subjects this year then sit your hsc for them and 3 subjects next year and do your hsc for them. We have a 2 hour lesson each day per subject and its pretty good cause only 3 subjects to worry about and study for but we do prelim and hsc course in 1 year for the 3 subjects as we have double lessons and we are sitting our hsc this year so we need to.
that's a very good idea !! So what subjects are you doing now? And is this compulsory or you can choose to do it or not?

Smexy27

HSC
I accelerated Business Studies, it was easy and its so useful to have more time to spend on other subjects. Really really great!

andrew3

HSC
I accelerated sor1, hasn't made that much of a difference but nice to have a good result. I think mainly just gives that helpfull bit of experience really.

Nooblet94

Premium Member
HSC
Chem last year. Put in no effort and I really regret it because I easily could've got 95+ if I'd applied myself as much as I apply myself to my current subjects.

theind1996

HSC
N/A
Chem last year. Put in no effort and I really regret it because I easily could've got 95+ if I'd applied myself as much as I apply myself to my current subjects.
LOL, big guy right here.

Lolly_Polly

HSC
Are you doing Chem again this year?

jxballistic

HSC
At my school they started maths accelerated classes at the start of year 9 which went through the year 9 and 10 maths course in one year (which I was part of). I stayed in it and now I'm doing the yr11 ext 1 course this year (year 10 now), yr 12 ext 1 course next year and the ext2 course by itsself in year 12 :)

Last edited:

fahout

HSC
did ipt in year 9-10. life is so much easier. brb only doing 8 units. 2 maths 2 eng chem eco, i love year 12

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)