who believes religion is out dated (1 Viewer)

lucy-bubs

HSC
NO SEX BEFORE MARRIAGE- SIN
CONTRACEPTION- SIN
ABORTION- SIN
How is all of the above relevant for people in today's society?​

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
If religion is outdated, we would not have religious extremists...

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
lucy-bubs said:
CONTRACEPTION- SIN
ABORTION- SIN
Is it outdated? no

Is it relevant? probably no

lucy-bubs

HSC
Trebla said:
If religion is outdated, we would not have religious extremists...
well who are these religious extremists... I'm pretty sure the majority of australia does not follow religion most specifically young people

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
lucy-bubs said:
well who are these religious extremists... I'm pretty sure the majority of australia does not follow religion most specifically young people
But you were talking about religion in general, I assume?

It is common to find religious extremists in few Islamic countries such as Iran, Indonesia, etc.

charbler

Banned
HSC
Religion is not relevant, and of course it is outdated, it is written thousand year old when they explained everything with "Oh yeah god did it", nowadays we use scientific logic and reasoning to prove stuff, not talking snakes and an imaginary friend kk.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
lyounamu said:
But you were talking about religion in general, I assume?

It is common to find religious extremists in few Islamic countries such as Iran, Indonesia, etc.
What, you think only Islam is capable of extremism? Lol.

Yes, religion a outdated. What it tried to control in this context (I.e women as property) is certainly not relevent in today's society, and one would hope we've transcended our genes (cuckoldry avoidance by men being the thrust behind no sex before marriage and the anti-adultry doctrines).

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Kwayera said:
What, you think only Islam is capable of extremism? Lol.

Yes, religion a outdated. What it tried to control in this context (I.e women as property) is certainly not relevent in today's society, and one would hope we've transcended our genes (cuckoldry avoidance by men being the thrust behind no sex before marriage and the anti-adultry doctrines).
That was only an example.

I should have come up with another example that represents extremism such as Judaism to clear that part up.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
lucy-bubs said:
CONTRACEPTION- SIN
ABORTION- SIN
not all christians think contraception=sin

EDIT: Religion is not outdated, it is something that remains a very important part of peoples lives today

From a christian perspective, i think it is the most important thing, a relationship with God, God does not stop existing because the world does not believe in him.

Also many people still want an explanation of what happens after you die? is there an afterlife? is there a God? the meaning of life? religion provides answers to all of this, something science has not been able to do.

Last edited:

Deadhead

HSC
N/A
emytaylor164 said:
God does not stop existing because the world does not believe in him
He doesn't start existing because a bunch of crackpots believe in him either... You really would have to be dumb to honestly believe that a big friendly imaginary friend in the sky exists to look after you and give you somewhere to go after you die...
Hey sure we have miles of evidence for evolution, we have pretty good idea how the universe started due to years of research etc etc, but hey its all a lie because some really badly written story book says god did it.
Religion was a way for primitive/uneducated people to explain the way things happened. Now that we know what really happens, or are trying to find out, there is no place for that crap.

HSC
ITT: poorly formulated/supported arguments supporting religion and the existence of God.

live.fast

HSC
N/A
Deadhead said:
He doesn't start existing because a bunch of crackpots believe in him either... You really would have to be dumb to honestly believe that a big friendly imaginary friend in the sky exists to look after you and give you somewhere to go after you die...
Hey sure we have miles of evidence for evolution, we have pretty good idea how the universe started due to years of research etc etc, but hey its all a lie because some really badly written story book says god did it.
Religion was a way for primitive/uneducated people to explain the way things happened. Now that we know what really happens, or are trying to find out, there is no place for that crap.
You're a lemon.

saphier11

HSC
if god is real why would he let bad things happen he cant posibbly Exists if he lets bad thing happen

Scissors

HSC
saphier11 said:
if god is real why would he let bad things happen he cant posibbly Exists if he lets bad thing happen
it'z a test. lulz

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)