who believes religion is out dated (1 Viewer)

HSC
sonyaleeisapixi said:
Eh.
I think St Augustine provides the most insight in terms of understanding the bible and your faith - when the word of God found in the bible contradicts your God given sense, accept that much has passed and much will continue to, and to change. Rationalisation can be a part of faith.
Ratzinger proposed a similar theory and was overturned by the church.

And the bible is universal - Mitzvot teachings on chastity, Christ's Sermon on the Mount, Golden Rule and Beatitudes (the latter being enshrined in the UDHR) have just as much relevance today as they ever did. The world changes but human nature stays the same - ideals such as love, forgiveness and social justice which the bible laches onto are of great importance even today.

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
cannibal.horse said:
Ratzinger proposed a similar theory and was overturned by the church.

And the bible is universal - Mitzvot teachings on chastity, Christ's Sermon on the Mount, Golden Rule and Beatitudes (the latter being enshrined in the UDHR) have just as much relevance today as they ever did. The world changes but human nature stays the same - ideals such as love, forgiveness and social justice which the bible laches onto are of great importance even today.
Oh, I agree completely
I was just baiting you about the Shakespeare analogy =d

HSC
sonyaleeisapixi said:
Oh, I agree completely
I was just baiting you about the Shakespeare analogy =d
I noticed, but I wanted to rant. Good call anyways.

On this forum I notice religion, particually Christianity (Buddhism always gets the all clear, despite the dalai lama's conservative views on every kind of non missionary style of sex) always gets attacked for being old and redundant.

Whilst certainly there are some that are (notably Mitzvot dietry laws regarding pig) Biblical messages on the whole are highly relevant because human nature doesn't change. The Hebrew and Christian scripts are built on two fundamental aims at the heart of man's primordial nature: to love God and to love one's neighbour as one's self.

m00

HSC
some holy books reveal things that science has only recently discovered, I therefore dont think religion is outdated

fernando

Poo
HSC
N/A
m00 said:
some holy books reveal things that science has only recently discovered, I therefore dont think religion is outdated

examples please.

m00

HSC
ok sure. do you know why muslim men are forbidden to wear gold jewelery? because it reduces sperm count. (this is coming from a book, 1400 years old)
this was scientifically proven not too long ago, just do a google search im sure you'll find a lot of examples

HSC
m00 said:
ok sure. do you know why muslim men are forbidden to wear gold jewelery? because it reduces sperm count. (this is coming from a book, 1400 years old)
this was scientifically proven not too long ago, just do a google search im sure you'll find a lot of examples
You sir, are about to get pwned.

m00

HSC
lol ok then
it's just my opinion why religion isnt outdated. I think instead of flaming my views, mabe you could do some research yourself?

fernando

Poo
HSC
N/A
m00 said:

do you think dinosaurs are mythical creatures spawned from never never land?

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
m00 said:
Sources? I'll looking right now out of genuine curiosity, and I can't find a single thing. I'd also like the Koran reference where it says "do not wear gold jewellery, men of faith, because it reduces sperm count olol".

samwell

HSC
Not outdated to those who beleive in it. relevant to only those who beleive. In the wider society only a small % do think its relevant.

fernando

Poo
HSC
N/A
i'm not familiar with christianity beliefes at all.
they believe that the world was created 6000 or so years ago right? or when humans were created? i'd like to know this. kthnx.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)