who believes religion is out dated (1 Viewer)

m00

HSC
Kwayera said:
Sources? I'll looking right now out of genuine curiosity, and I can't find a single thing. I'd also like the Koran reference where it says "do not wear gold jewellery, men of faith, because it reduces sperm count olol".
I read about it not too long ago I cant find the site anymore, when I find it ill show you. the site wasnt some geocities site btw, it seemed like a trusted source.
also, I doubt its written in that way

I dont know much about the quran and dinosaurs but I know that 'beasts' are mentioned to have created. the book is a more of a book of guidance not about biology and evolution, it tells you whats right and wrong and gives you reasons. for example eating pork is forbidden, the quran refers to pigs as dirty animals (they eat anything and everything), pork is not allowed because they are dangerous to your health. they are the source parasites and disease (this has been medically proven). medical research also suggests that pig has a higher fat content than any other meat
does anyone know what the bible says about pork?

edit: about the gold thing, I think the quran only forbids gold for men but it doesn't give specific reasons

Last edited:

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
m00 said:
I read about it not too long ago I cant find the site anymore, when I find it ill show you. the site wasnt some geocities site btw, it seemed like a trusted source.
also, I doubt its written in that way
When you say "scientifically proven", you need to provide the sources and citations, not a half-arsed reference to a dubious website. Unless your "mabe you could do some research yourself?" doesn't apply to you.

I dont know much about the quran and dinosaurs but I know that 'beasts' are mentioned to have created. the book is a more of a book of guidance not about biology and evolution, it tells you whats right and wrong and gives you reasons. for example eating pork is forbidden, the quran refers to pigs as dirty animals (they eat anything and everything),
Hmm. Incorrect sir.

pork is not allowed because they are dangerous to your health. they are the source parasites and disease (this has been medically proven). medical research also suggests that pig has a higher fat content than any other meat
No more than any other game animal (and that actually is scientific fact). Pork is exceedingly lean (the muscle meat) compared to beef, cow and especially chicken (it does, however, have a stratified layer of fat that needs to be removed, but unlike say beef, it does not have any sort of 'marbling' in the meat).

Do your own research.

m00

HSC
if you want to eat an animal that rolls around in its own shit and eats it then be my guest lol

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
m00 said:
if you want to eat an animal that rolls around in its own shit and eats it then be my guest lol
Lmao, pigs are rather clean actually (compared to other domesticated animals; why else would people keep them as pets? The dirty-pig-in-its-sty stereotype is just that: a stereotype). For the animal that rolls around in its own shit, look no further than the cow, and the chook for an animal that (accidently) eats it!

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
m00 said:
gross lol who the hell keeps pigs as pets
From Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domestic_pig#As_pets - which actually does have citations, unlike yourself);

"Pigs are known to be intelligent animals and have been found to be more trainable than dogs or cats. [8] Asian pot-bellied pigs, a small type of domestic pig, have made popular house pets in the United States beginning in the latter half of the 20th century. Regular domestic farmyard pigs have also been known to be kept indoors, but due to their large size and destructive tendencies, they typically need to be moved into an outdoor pen as they grow older. Most pigs have a fear of being picked up, but will usually calm down once placed back on the floor. Pigs are rarely used as working animals. An exception is the use of truffle pigs – ordinary pigs trained to find truffles."

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Exphate said:
Religion is the best, how dare you suggest it is outdated.

Post Edited by Inasero, 7:24pm. Reason: Athiest mentality
+1

m00

HSC
I guess they must be really cheap pets to raise because they eat their own shit

fernando

Poo
HSC
N/A
fernando said:
i'm not familiar with christianity beliefes at all.
they believe that the world was created 6000 or so years ago right? or when humans were created? i'd like to know this. kthnx.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
m00 said:
I guess they must be really cheap pets to raise because they eat their own shit
What part of "they do not eat their own shit" did you not understand?

Wow, you really are brainwashed.

Bainesy

HSC
your all idiots. you should be thankful for religion, even if your an atheist, just look at the bigger picture for second

without religion, people would turn to the most stupid forms of stimulation to satisfy their need for being and purpose. and where do they find that you ask?

with fucking stupid pieces of shit like astrology, occultism, psychics, homeopathy, conspiracy theories, and scientology. we all know theses subject are all bullshit, but without religion, they would be much more prevalent in society.

be thankful that you have a church or a temple down the road, and not a fucking psychic healing centre or astrology reading house.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Lol what? How is religion any less batshit insane than your examples?

Conspiracy theories and psychics and the occult certainly never killed millions of people and continue to repress them to this day.

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
Kwayera said:
Lol what? How is religion any less batshit insane than your examples?

Conspiracy theories and psychics and the occult certainly never killed millions of people and continue to repress them to this day.
Sounding alot like Dan here , Cat! :guitar:

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
*TRUE* said:
Sounding alot like Dan here , Cat! :guitar:
100% pure Cat. Hey, I wouldn't go out with someone I disagree fundamentally with :p

Last edited:

boris

Banned
HSC
ITT: massive retardation.

Lol pigs eat their own shit. Made me laugh.

Edit: Thats not even why they are considered unclean you stoopid cunt.

jan170891

HSC
No sex before marriage, is it a sin? I don't know, depends on your own point of view. I personally don't care because I'm not a christian but I don't think I would like it if I got pregnant before marriage. Also, I don't think you'd be that committed to your marriage after you get married, if you were to have sex before marriage. (My opinion)

What happens, just happens. Can't change the fact it happened. So accept it. If you have sex before marriage accept it instead of thinking of it as a sin. If you don't have it before marriage, well good for you.

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
emytaylor164 said:
not all christians think contraception=sin

EDIT: Religion is not outdated, it is something that remains a very important part of peoples lives today

From a christian perspective, i think it is the most important thing, a relationship with God, God does not stop existing because the world does not believe in him.

Also many people still want an explanation of what happens after you die? is there an afterlife? is there a God? the meaning of life? religion provides answers to all of this, something science has not been able to do.
I don't need answers to vague and confusing questions in order to live my life.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Bainesy said:
your all idiots. you should be thankful for religion, even if your an atheist, just look at the bigger picture for second

without religion, people would turn to the most stupid forms of stimulation to satisfy their need for being and purpose. and where do they find that you ask?

with fucking stupid pieces of shit like astrology, occultism, psychics, homeopathy, conspiracy theories, and scientology. we all know theses subject are all bullshit, but without religion, they would be much more prevalent in society.

be thankful that you have a church or a temple down the road, and not a fucking psychic healing centre or astrology reading house.
False dichotomy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)