Who despises english advanced already? (1 Viewer)

HSC
m0ofin said:
Bahaha, you said it! :D What do the kiddies do to you? My kiddies go "Ooooh, we're TALLER than (or as tall as) you and we're in year 7!" :mad1: Uncool man, uncool.
Actually, its really only one person, but whenever she sees me, she pokes me!

Now that i think about it, one of the yr 7ers (she was on my soccer team last year), pushes me whenever we pass in the corridors!

greycats

Mister Monday
HSC
hehe yeah, ext english is soo much better than adv., teacher is so much more down to earth there too.
It's worse when the year 7 kids bump into you then try to yell at you to move out of the way when you're like twice their size, then when you push them out of the way they piss on even more.. damn punk kids, when we were in yr7 we were afraid of all the seniors..

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
I just finished 'Othello'
Today i got 2 books 'the herbal bed' by peter whelan and 'dead white males' by david williamson and where watching 'shakespeare in love'. Where doing the topic "connections" in Eng Adv on Shakespeares works and texts about William Shakespeare.

amb89

HSC
I really hate englsih advanced atm but I love extension. I have the best teacher and its so much funner. Advanced is so monotonous and i am so sick of change of self. The year 7s at my school are the same and I don't remember anyone in my year acting like that when I was in year 7.

greycats

Mister Monday
HSC
chocolate_lover said:
Its so stupid, ive got the same teacher for english adv. AND ext. :(
Same here, but the teacher is great :) We're doing "Modern Mythology" in ext, and Control in advanced, poems by Robert Browning, movie The Bank, short story "Big World" by tim winton, some exerpt from something at the moment.. Then Othello and some other stuff later on

lilmunchkin777

HSC
i dont really like it either. my wonderful teacher who makes it just bearable is leaving so hopefuly we will get a teacher who will do the same, if not i think i will just lay there wishing it all to end.

Gangels

HSC
Believe me, if your not doing exsetnsion, dropping down to standard will be the best choice you ever made. I hate english but standard is slightly interesting, as opposed to being boring as shit. It also depends on the teacher.

Screwball116

HSC
I despise the people in my class... They are a bunch of fuckwits and I hate them so much BECAUSE THEY NEVER SHUTUP. I wouldnt know whether I like adv. english or not because most of the class time is taken up by the teacher constantly telling the tryhard dickheads in my class to shut up and its really annoying. :burn:

greycats

Mister Monday
HSC
Aha, likewise.. But when we do learn it's good. That's the main reason why I like extension so much, no wankers in it, and the people who are there want to be there :)

Riviet

HSC
N/A
That's why you should only do english extensions if you are actually enjoying english to some extent, let alone detesting it.

subjectiv

HSC
N/A
We just finished 'changing perspectives' (which was KINDA interesting lol), and now we're doing comparative study of texts and context: transformations. I don't know what we're doing in extension, because it's sooooo boring. I think it's post modernism? :sleep:

jack17

HSC
u mite be surprised to know that both the english standard and advanced courses are scaled the same in the HSC. u mite find the advanced course to overall be more beneficial but the standard is certainly a lot less stressful. bein a current HSC student if i had known all this earlier myself i mite have dropped to standard. but anyway goodluck.

and by the way pretty much everything u study in advance will be physco. we are doin King lear at the moment and pretty much everyone is killed

simone13

HSC
English is an acquired taste, you either love it or you hate it, and it also depends on your teacher. I have an excellent teacher, but I still found the Prelim courses for both ext1 and advanced quite dull, however, stick it out, the HSC advanced course is quite interesting, we're doing powerplay at the moment and studying George Orwell's 1984. Overall, both courses are better than the Preliminary courses, but pay attention in the Prelim course because the texts you study in year 11 can be used as related material in year 12. It makes the HSC course way easier and more stress free. Well, slightly anyway.

asquith

HSC
hear hear to mr brightside. english damn othello makes it the 10th boring shakespear play we have studied. english ext is sooo much more interesting.

IceOnFire

HSC
English subjects just all need to die.. hahah i sound so bitter
ya english is certainly not one of my favourite subjects, it's bringing my whole marks down and making my report look bad.. :mad1: Not very happy

sochiichii

HSC
English will always be boring -__- .. REALLY

Essays are no fun!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)