Who got 99+ without Extension maths or Physics? (1 Viewer)

liz91

HSC
99.55, with only half of Maths counting (Extension Maths was never, ever going to count) and no sciences.

That is Society and Culture, Legal, Business, EE2 and English Advanced contributing (Ext English didn't count either...).

I also know a 99.35 who did physics, chem and bio with 4 unit maths and 4 unit english and another 99.35 who did modern history, ext history, drama, society, 4 unit english and 2 unit maths.

Society and Culture gets an undeserved bad rap! Love that subject :p

mckensara

HSC
i also salute you!
thankyou!

i honestly believe in the philosophy of do what you LIKE and what your good at

if i had taken others advice and done ecos/business/maths/science subjects i would have done rather badly

my only "high scaling subjects" were hex and modern, and i hear they dont scale that well compared to those lucky science people

Last edited:

.Joe.

j.man
HSC
a girl in my grade got 99.25 with;
Advanced and Extension 1 English
General Maths
Modern
PDHPE
SOR1
Legal

HSC
thankyou!

i honestly believe in the philosophy of do what you LIKE and what your good at

if i had taken others advice and done ecos/business/maths/science subjects i would have done rather badly

my only "high scaling subjects" were hex and modern, and i hear they dont scale that well compared to those lucky science people
i agree with you!! didnt do quite as well as you haha but i did things i liked even though none of my subjects scale that well and got an atar which im over the moon with :)

alex09hsc

HSC
i got a measely 97 with phys, chem and ext mathsd:mad1:

trevhk

HSC
N/A
You don't need to do maths ext, ext 2 or physics to get 99.

I recently got an ATAR above 99 with just Mathematics. I actually took up Maths extension in year 11, however, I dropped it before the start of year 12 due to its heavy workload that did not go hand in hand with English Extension 2.

Subjects:
- Modern History
- Legal Studies
- Chemistry
- English (adv. ext 1. & ext. 2)
- Mathematics

I did mainly humanity subjects as you can see. Keep in mind I did not get band 6 for mathematics and hence, did not count towards my ATAR result. You don't have to be godly to get a 99 either, I got band 6 in all my other subjects but it's not like I got 98 hsc mark in them? Seriously, for all those out there sitting the HSC next year, don't be discouraged if you aren't doing physics, maths or maths extension, I got told that legal studies would pull me down and stop me from getting 98. In truth, no one really knows how the hell the board of studies does their shit it's not a transparent system. If your friends at school sound so certain and put you off don't listen to them. Be confident, positive, persevere and always aspire towards something.

Last edited:

itaylor

HSC
i got 99.95 with no physics or any other sciences and i did extension 1 maths but it didn't even count only 2u did

hope this helps

HSC
You don't need to do maths ext, ext 2 or physics to get 99.

I recently got an ATAR above 99 with just Mathematics. I actually took up Maths extension in year 11, however, I dropped it before the start of year 12 due to its heavy workload that did not go hand in hand with English Extension 2.

Subjects:
- Modern History
- Legal Studies
- Chemistry
- English (adv. ext 1. & ext. 2)
- Mathematics

I did mainly humanity subjects as you can see. Keep in mind I did not get band 6 for mathematics and hence, did not count towards my ATAR result. You don't have to be godly to get a 99 either, I got band 6 in all my other subjects but it's not like I got 98 hsc mark in them? Seriously, for all those out there sitting the HSC next year, don't be discouraged if you aren't doing physics, maths or maths extension, I got told that legal studies would pull me down and stop me from getting 98. In truth, no one really knows how the hell the board of studies does their shit it's not a transparent system. If your friends at school sound so certain and put you off don't listen to them. Be confident, positive, persevere and always aspire towards something.
+ 1
nice post!

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
I've noticed a correlation between students who recieve 99+ and students who do Extension 1-2 Math / Physics

For those who did neither of the two, What subjects did you do?

You must be godly
another question...
who here got 99+ and is not asian?

(thats a serious question btw)

Sean432

HSC
There's no asians in my school, and we got 15 people over 99. So wtf r u on about

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
wat? that was a serious question and i was asking out of curiousity for demographical purposes only ok.

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
yeah exactly
maybe i should rephrase
out of the 48 ppl who got 99.95 ATAR
how many of them werent asian/indian? any1 know? just curious thx

Last edited:

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
1/48 so far

wat school do u go to

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)