Who got a crap UAI? I did :( (1 Viewer)

a little lost

relationships pfft
i repeated
HSC 2002: UAI 62
HSC 2003: UAI 72.8

so difference wasn't as great and remember that UAI is a rank so most likely u could get dragged down next yr cause it will be even harder. And cut off's will probably rise again. So chose wisely i know a friend who got worse then last yr too and thats always a risk.

Truly_bored

HSC
can you repeat year 12 in Tafe?
How is that Do the same subjects you did in High School?

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
there's nothing wrong with UWS! i might be going there, or ACU, if i can't scrape into macquarie... *prays*

Originally posted by Huy
= I'm "so crap" right now. (not "crap"... but, I'm not ecstatic, put it that way :)).
huy, i know how you feel :p i'm not jumping for joy but i'm not depressed either... i worked my ass off this year but i knew it still wouldn't pay off, heh... before dec 18th, i was SO scared i would get 65 or something. after results, i was a lot more positive, and after reading the predictions you gave people with similar subjects & marks, i predicted my own... and i was pretty much spot on :) so it's all good. i can still definitely get into something....

and even if i'd gotten <30 for my UAI, i would never, ever repeat that year of stress and frustration!!!! o___O

wish everyone the best of luck!! :)

Huy

HSC
N/A
I think the lowest person I know of, personally, was in the 40s.

/me does not look in the mirror often.

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
Originally posted by Minai
goto all!
thats what I did, wellz...only Sydney and UNSW. Thankfully I changed from Sydney to UNSW in order of preferences after asking a few questions. It really is helpful, albeit last minute
what made u change ur mind?

frenchy

I got a uai of 60.95 (which is such a shocker, since i was suppose to be a top student.. oh well!).
I want to do nursing, uws have their nursing course at like 62, do you reckon i could go to Dean of uws, and present to him/her how i was a top student at school and also vice president of my src blah blah, and show i did well in my hsc marks (in the 70's) but just bombed out uai wise.
Would that work to get in?

frenchy

Originally posted by TwistOfGold
I got 73.85
I wanted to do Nutrition at Sydney but thats like 88.95?
I have no idea about the tafe bit, since im considering that as well.. but i know its nothing like sydney uni, but what about doing nutrition at another uni (as i know uws has it), then afer the first year transfer to syd?

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Is it possible to do say 2 subjects, maybe 3, and then keep the others work you've done and get them to calculate a new uai next year? Or... will they not do it?
Yes, you can definitely do that:).

monzi

HSC
Im Thinking of repeating year 12 aswell, doing the same subjects as 2003, but Can i do it at another school?? Instead of liverpool girls high school I want to go to my local high school Bankstown girls? Will I be Able to do that? even if they've already started their assessments?

Benno

HSC
Originally posted by monzi
Im Thinking of repeating year 12 aswell, doing the same subjects as 2003, but Can i do it at another school?? Instead of liverpool girls high school I want to go to my local high school Bankstown girls? Will I be Able to do that? even if they've already started their assessments?
yeah go speak to there princaple before march so when school starts again...

yeah i missed out on the 1st assessments but they have a system to work out an estimite of what u would have got ;)

if any one repeats work hard on assessments and make sure u study!!! even if it seems u dont have the time study!

randomchild

if you dont want to repeat the whole of year 12, you could try doing a tafe course thats in the same area or similar to the uni course you were thinking of doing (some courses are only a year or 1 1/2 yrs), and often those courses can give you credits for a uni course and then you can get in

TwistOfGold

HSC
Hey Monzi- I live near you! maybe we should repeat togethr :p ah man... Yeh Frenchy, UWS does have the Nutrition Course, but it isnt accredited by the Dieticians Association Aust... But I dont know... Im scared ill get stuck there and not be able to transfer or do anything and left with a useless degree at the end

My parents dont think I have the capability of repeating- reckn ill screw up again(i never could concentrate on the assessments and stuff- my social life overtook :p )

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Can anyone please tell me

*How DOES the Tafe then uni thing work?- How does doing a similar Tafe course get you into uni?
You go to TAFE and when you complete a Diploma you get a certain amount of credits. At University you also get credits for passing a subject. So, you can enrol into University on the basis of you having a certain amount of credits in the field of study that you plan on doing at University. The only thing is, I know a person that did this and you don't get many credits for a TAFE Diploma (I think it is like the equivalent of one University subject or something):(.

TwistOfGold

HSC
So that might mean years of Tafe to get into uni? hmmm
Well Im thinking of doing the applied science(nutrition and food) at western and then seeing if i can transfer to maybe Sydney(God willing*prays*)

do you think I could do that?
And it isnt that im dissing Western- i just know that the course there isnt accredited with the Dieticians Association of Aust

Huy

HSC
N/A
No, I think it only means 1 year or even two years of TAFE, to be able to transfer into university.

InvisibleCola

Yeah I got a bad UAI too. I got 66.05 which is stupid because all my HSC marks ranged from 73-77. But I'll still get into UWS for B.Science, which is good cause I live a 10 min drive away from the campus!
As for those who want to repeat, and do better, I think the best option is to find a course you can do at tafe that will give you credit points for uni. Some tafe courses will allow you to enter year 2 at uni in 2005, so you will have caught up with the rest of 'our ' year, and you wont have to do the stupid HSC again. I mean seriously, does anyone <i> want </i> to put themselves through all of this stress again???

s_a

I would repeat the HSC if I were to be automatically accepted into my desired uni course with my new uai.

It saves the.... hassle of transferring from TAFE to Uni, and from Uni to Uni, which MAY take more than one year.

BUT, completing a course in TAFE would make me more qualified for the course, and more qualified for the job of my desired profession in the future.

After speaking to someone about my situation, I'm leaning towards doing a course in TAFE and then attempting to transfer from TAFE to my desired Uni course.

I do want to actually study something related to my desired profession NOW so I get an idea of what it's like. I might change my mind about the Uni course later, so TAFE can give me an idea.

So that's where I am. Hope it helps anyone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)