Who got a sh*t uai? Cmon share your pain (2 Viewers)

Sprinkles~

splashing in puddles
HSC
Re: Who got a shit uai? Cmon share your pain

I did, even the EAS won't be enough to get me to uni :(

carny

HSC

hmm dam.. are we talking mystery mark? I got that last yr.. did two subs at tafe and that pulled it up to 53.9 so hopefully stat test will let me in to uni :) Don't fret though.. goto tafe and do a related course then goto uni :)

carny

HSC

I guess too many people take their uai's too seriously.. fuckin pussies.. I know theres heaps of people who didnt get in the 70s 80s or 90s.. so post it :D

angmor

momentica-one.deviantart.
HSC

i got 90.7. i have failed my country.

LaMPshade

HSC

lol. 65 UAI here. pathway to uni it is

spankysooty

HSC

Heya Guys,

I just wanted to share a thought i had with you all, particularly in this thread in order to cast some positive light on what seems to alot of people like a dark ending.

I think uai's are given too much value in our modern day society. People see the HSC and the uais we receieve as the "deciding factor" of whether you get into a good career and how your life will turn out. But infact this is false. I personally know someone who got a uai which couldnt even get them into a uni course, and yet after many years of persistence they are now a PhD graduate. It is unfortunate that anyone should experience a dissapointing uai, but i emphasise that there are other pathways to explore (as some of you have already mentioned) and that there is still hope. So carry on, stay optimistic and see these results as a guidance to deciding where to head next with your career in order to reach your aspirations and dreams.

Best of luck.

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC

I agree with you. I'd like to express my sympathy to all those with "shit" Uai's like the threadstarter. I know how u feel and i do wish u well in whatever step u take in the future. UAC really spoilt your christmas didn't they?

timobr0

Ευθήμιος
HSC

worse when you did well internally all year, optimistic about getting 98 (goal for about 2 years), needing max 93-94, getting quite ill before trials, fucking up trials..... leading into writing almost nothing in the HSC exams because of not many opportunities to study and just not being up for it....ending up with a really shit uai that gets you into nothing, let alone into something you want to do.

Sprinkles~

splashing in puddles
HSC

timobr0 said:
worse when you did well internally all year, optimistic about getting 98 (goal for about 2 years), needing max 93-94, getting quite ill before trials, fucking up trials..... leading into writing almost nothing in the HSC exams because of not many opportunities to study and just not being up for it....ending up with a really shit uai that gets you into nothing, let alone into something you want to do.
Sounds a lot like me this year. I did Pathways and did well in my subjects last year, was doing okay internally this year, got sicker towards the middle of the year, screwed up my trial exams by hardly being able to write anything which screwed my ranks, was even sicker by the HSC and didn't make it through one exam. Now after putting in so much effort I'm stuck with a horrible UAI that I doubt can get me into anything, it sucks.

timobr0

Ευθήμιος
HSC

Sprinkles~ said:
Sounds a lot like me this year. I did Pathways and did well in my subjects last year, was doing okay internally this year, got sicker towards the middle of the year, screwed up my trial exams by hardly being able to write anything which screwed my ranks, was even sicker by the HSC and didn't make it through one exam. Now after putting in so much effort I'm stuck with a horrible UAI that I doubt can get me into anything, it sucks.
indeed, sucks bad when you're coming 1st or top few ranks all year in most subjects, then after one test they go down alot because you do extremely bad and at my school you can only depend on like the top 5 in each subject to do alright in the HSC exam, let alone care about their HSC, not that this made any difference in the end seeing i did so shit myself......

Last edited:

Thade

Arrrrgghhhh...
HSC

Eh, 58. I was hoping for at least 60. :p But I ended up getting accepted into Billy Blue, so I'm ok with my horrific number. :D

Bah! I probably could've gotten at least 65 if I hadn't gotten all depressed and unmotivated during trials and stuff. Screwed up everything really. :p

tkfkd

HSC

I got 61.05 UAI and still devastated and sad but I know that I haven't put up the effort most of the guys did here. (I did towards the end but was tooo late :(). Anyway, I'm wondering if I can go into Information Technology course in UWS which has cut-off of 61.00 UAI? Do any of you who are "uni expertise" and knows about cutoffs and stuff think that it will rise? I really really hope it doesn't.

Bookie

Banned
HSC

shit is what you think in your persepctive.

if you get into what course you wanted, your uai was not shit.

if youre like me, and something else happens, then your uai is shit. hence, my uai is shit.

doesnt mean i didnt surprise myself with its awesomness though

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC

did anyone who got below 60 even study ?

Sprinkles~

splashing in puddles
HSC

I got around the 60 mark and I studied, but I have a chronic illness that made it impossible for me to get through much of an exam which is why I did so badly. So I'm sure there are others like me who worked really hard but got shocking UAI's because something happened to them. As I'm sure there are some who probably didn't study much, or didn't really need a high UAI anyway :p

I also have a friend who worked really hard, did well in all her subjects but only got a UAI just above 60. Another friend who also went well but got a worse UAI than me in the end. So it can have a lot to do with the scaling of subjects, not how much work a person actually puts into it.

Litttle Lou Lou

HSC

i got a uai just below 50 pretty shit i know but i did my best and thats all that matters in the end i am not blamming it on anything if i was going to i would say my sport took up alot of weekends and that i hate the whole UAI thing its silly and i hate people who are naturally smart but in saying all that ppl with shit uai can only look forward from here.. there is a furture out there for everyone some come easier then others

BlackDragon

HSC

Litttle Lou Lou said:
i hate people who are naturally smart
that's like saying i hate people who are naturally tall, i hate people who are naturally sporty.

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC

i feel sorry for u little lou lou because i didnt put much effort in and i still went well.

i guess thats just the way it goes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)