Who got offer for Adv Sience @ USyd? (1 Viewer)

LoneShadow

Uber Procrastinator
HSC
N/A
Just wanted to know who else got offer for Adv Science @ USyd?

btw...I got in:D

Bob.J

ZoOm
HSC
i think there was a science workshop right b4 uni starts, that way you get to meet your fellow students so that you don't act all lonely and lost when uni actually starts :)

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
yeh guys.,.. u guys GOTTA GOTTA GOTTA GO TO THAT WORK SHOP
... ok taht bein said, it cost 10 bucks, but i think tis worth it... i got 20 good fwnds in one day, and one of them remain my bestest of fwnds til 2day!!!! so yeh, if u dun go, u are really messin an opportunity... ...

really lookin fwd to meet u guys this yr =)... esp zeropt, and waf =D

hey superpig... i recall there are sci undergrad volunteer on that day... do u know how to get involved??? i checked sci faculty's webpage, it doesn't seem to have anything there...

edit: website for transition work shop:
http://www.science.usyd.edu.au/entry2005/transition/index.html

Last edited:

zeropoint

HSC
Well, that makes seven so far. Any other takers?

Xiao, you make that workshop sound pretty good. I reckon I'll go if anyone else wants to. Who else is up for it?

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
kekeke it is awesome... even if i had to pay 10 for the fwnds i made, tis worth it...

Super Pig

Full time Bludger
HSC
xiao1985 said:
yeh guys.,.. u guys GOTTA GOTTA GOTTA GO TO THAT WORK SHOP
hey superpig... i recall there are sci undergrad volunteer on that day... do u know how to get involved??? i checked sci faculty's webpage, it doesn't seem to have anything there...
Hmm I don't really know to be honest. It's probably the responsibility of Sci Soc and the individual subject societies (SUMS, physoc, etc). If any of your friends turn out to work for those societies, ask them for info. The organisers probably ask their inner circle of friends to be volunteers. Or they'll just do it by themselves if they really want to (3 volunteers for each subject area, the president, the vice president and the treasurer of that subject society).

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
zeropoint said:
Well, that makes seven so far. Any other takers?

Xiao, you make that workshop sound pretty good. I reckon I'll go if anyone else wants to. Who else is up for it?
Yeah Ill be doing Advanced Science as part of the BE/BSci

Also the workshop cause Ill have nothing else to do.

Last edited:

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
Xayma said:
Yeah Ill be doing Advanced Science as part of the BE/BSci
Same here, although sadly I don't qualify for TSP or chem SSP. Hopefully I'll get into maths SSP somehow.

Bob.J

ZoOm
HSC
you know...doing TSP or SSP chem/maths/physics won't make much difference on your degree. Unless you're really interested in undertaking furthur studies in the future. ie. honours/phD etc

Bob.J

ZoOm
HSC
however, it does have a high bragg factor about it
Like,
Person 1: "where were you during lunch?"
TSP physics student: -ans 1 "I was at a lunch gathering with physics professors"
ans2 -"working on my project"
ans3 - "Tsp lecture"
and so forth

garry007

HSC
N/A
out of curiosity..who else besides luke and i are planning on doing grad med after bsc adv. ??

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
garry007 said:
out of curiosity..who else besides luke and i are planning on doing grad med after bsc adv. ??

Yeah I'll be having a crack at Grad Dent after I finish my science(adv maths) degree this yr.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)