Who has done the SAT's? (1 Viewer)

aphorae

HSC
Uni Grad
I got 2290 but then I was too lazy to apply and figured I'd just stay here :p What did you go for?

myafanatic

HSC
I got 2350 - applied for Brown, Stanford, Harvard, Dartmouth, Columbia, Northwestern, NYU, UCLA, UC Berkeley, Yale, Princeton and Wesleyan.

Nervous as hell.

hayabusaboston

HSC
I got 2290 but then I was too lazy to apply and figured I'd just stay here :p What did you go for?
I havent done the SAT's yet. Will do them in July. I cant believe a few HUNDRED people EVERY YEAR actually get 2400/2400. that seems a bit unbelievable haha. A 16 year old kid got 2400/2400 in 2005, the first year the new system was introduced. What SAT score do you need for Harvard and MIT?

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
I'd like to sit an SAT to see how I perform. Are there practice tests anywhere online? Just so I can take a peek at specifically what treasures they hold inside.

goobi

HSC
I got:

CR = 790
M = 800
W = 760

SAT II:

Literature: 770
Math II: 780

I did apply for a few Ives but I'm not going to get in...

Last edited:

friend177

HSC
SAT score is a good indicator, but only one of their criteria, you can get a good score but when you get to the interview room/phone or something with not many EC activities there's a good chance there's better candidates, you're against the best. what ECs have you been doing?

whtbrd

HSC
N/A
Which test's did you guys do? I've had a look at the SAT tests, but I don't think many of them correspond to Australian syllabi.

Do you need to learn all the content in the tests independently?

hayabusaboston

HSC
SAT score is a good indicator, but only one of their criteria, you can get a good score but when you get to the interview room/phone or something with not many EC activities there's a good chance there's better candidates, you're against the best. what ECs have you been doing?
You mean me? O Im doing lots of extra competitions, neuroscience olympiad, bio olympiad, spelling bee's (lol) etc. Hmm. Not much else actually, asides from academics. I know about a few people with the max 2400 on SAT and they were STILL rejected by Harvard and MIT and other elite uni's. Hmm. Well I play chess as well, got to regional level but then decided I dont like tournaments, too stressful. I did squad swimming, community service. What other stuff should I do?

deswa1

HSC
Try things involving leadership or communication. Try out for the SRC, do public speaking competitions etc in order to show that you can actually interact with others rather than just be good at academic stuff which doesn't neccessarily correlate with people skills.

HSC
For EC's, make sure to do some volunteer work, Savlos door knock campaign for instance shows that you get involved in your local community and get out and about and meet people, even if you are asking for donations and maybe even some tutoring for younger students. I remember in high school I was apart of a peer mentoring program where I was helping kids from years 7 and 8 learn to read. Maybe your school has something like that?

hayabusaboston

HSC
For EC's, make sure to do some volunteer work, Savlos door knock campaign for instance shows that you get involved in your local community and get out and about and meet people, even if you are asking for donations and maybe even some tutoring for younger students. I remember in high school I was apart of a peer mentoring program where I was helping kids from years 7 and 8 learn to read. Maybe your school has something like that?
Yea! I think it has some thing where it groups with other schools for community fundraising or something. Will check it out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)