Who has read Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events? (2 Viewers)

bawd

HSC
I fell in love with this series when I was 12, and I've read all 13 books. I still adore the books and Violet Baudelaire. Any BoSers who read this series and liked it?

HSC
I've read 1-10 and 12. They were a diversion but not good enough for me to actively seek the ones I haven't read.

bawd

HSC
veloc1ty said:
I've read 1-10 and 12. They were a diversion but not good enough for me to actively seek the ones I haven't read.
I'll admit they weren't the most intellectually stimulating books, but I loved them nevertheless. :)

em_516

bludging..
HSC
I read 1-7 when I was younger and didn't mind them at first but got bored of it when I realised it was the same set-up EVERY book. And that little baby was annoying. Absolutely hated it around 6-7 so I stopped. My mum read the whole thing though I think, but I couldn't bring myself to do it and I didn't see the movie either haha.

bawd

HSC
em_516 said:
I read 1-7 when I was younger and didn't mind them at first but got bored of it when I realised it was the same set-up EVERY book. And that little baby was annoying. Absolutely hated it around 6-7 so I stopped. My mum read the whole thing though I think, but I couldn't bring myself to do it and I didn't see the movie either haha.
Movie was craptastic if you already read the books. Movie was good if you didn't. And yes, it's true it gets boring around 6ish, but the last 2 books are quite good (plotwise).

Last edited:

phosphorescent

You make me sad.
HSC
They're great. I love them. I love Snicket's quirky way of writing.

I do agree the movie was absolutely craptastic. Wish they had never made it.

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
i read the first book in a day when i was like 15
really enjoyed it but didn't pursue the series or watch the movie.

cait33

Doctor's Companion
HSC
i read them all
hated the ending
liked them none the less since i was like 13

bawd

HSC
phosphorescent said:
They're great. I love them. I love Snicket's quirky way of writing.

I do agree the movie was absolutely craptastic. Wish they had never made it.
Be glad they didn't decide to do all 13 books.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
I remember my mum forcing me to read the book. That series is pretty horrible.

agirlinatutu

Im just not ready...
HSC
I think I have read up to like 8 or 9. They were ok.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
I have read up to 10.

Holly: are you the one at my Myspace?

bawd

HSC
Charity F said:
I read the first one, and my mum found the second book lying on my desk one afternoon.

One skim through of the blurb and I was banned for all eternity.

i was 9 years old.
LOL.
Dear Reader,

If you have picked up this book with the hope of finding a simple and cheery tale. I'm afraid you have picked up the wrong book altogether. The story may seem cheery at first, when the Baudelaire children spend time in the company of some interesting reptiles and a giddy uncle, but don't be fooled. If you know anything at all about the unlucky Baudelaire children, you already know that even pleasant events lead down the same road to misery.

In fact, within the pages you now hold in your hands, the three siblings endure a car accident, a terrible odor, a deadly serpent, a long knife, a large brass reading lamp, and the reappearance of a person they'd hoped never to see again.

I am bound to record these tragic events, but you are free to put this book back on the shelf and seek something lighter.

With all due respect,
Lemony Snicket.

zeam

HSC
N/A
can someone please tell me how it ends? i never got to reading the last couple of books

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
I really liked all the books, but that's just me. I'm glad they aren't doing the other books as movies, the first movie was ok but Carrey as Olaf was HORRIBLE. Not suitable at all for the role.

HSC
Uni Grad
I only started reading it after I watched the movie, I hope they continue it, I think it was superbly made. :D

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
lol i remember reading these books aaaaages ago, they were really good, depressing yet interesting

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)