Who has read Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events? (1 Viewer)

erm

HSC
I got so scared though........I mean that Olaf guy just kept turning up everywhere in various disguises....he was so relentless......

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
erm said:
I got so scared though........I mean that Olaf guy just kept turning up everywhere in various disguises....he was so relentless......
I didn't like it when he murdered Uncle Monty, Uncle Monty was my favourite guardian the kids had.

And I would still like to know what the hell VFD is.

fleck27

HSC
I know hey! and what was with that giant question mark submarine in the Grim Grotto.

I love/d these books. Klaus was such a babe to me when i was 13 <3
I always wanted to be that chick that kisses him lol!!

sweetcookies

HSC
bawd said:
I fell in love with this series when I was 12, and I've read all 13 books. I still adore the books and Violet Baudelaire. Any BoSers who read this series and liked it?
most were well written, but i found some cumbersome... and the last book was not as good as i expected it to be:(

kyra-renae

HSC
i read up to about 8 or 9, i think then stopped because all the library copies were out :(

and i never resumed them.

but i liked them okay. tad repetative, but i liked them :)

M.T.T.

HSC
I've read the whole series.

I'm always a big fan of those 'what if...?' situations that arises in books, and I have a feeling that this series is possibly an over-the-top, enjoyable parody of the story technique.

And the ending was just the ultimate 'what if...?' as it combined all the (unfortunate) events in the series, and the result was... what happened.

super-shinobi

HSC
Ive read all of them but I dont understand the last book and I think the real meaning of VFD being Volunteer Fire Department was retarded.

sirfeathers

HSC
I read the first 6 or so when I was 10-11, I just got a bit bored of how the same thing happened over and over again. I didn't find the characters totally convincing either

chumbumm. =D

HSC
think i read up to the 7th one..
den it got a bit boring..
cos u could lyk predict who was count olaf and all..
and its obvious that he'd get away..

watsthebuzz

HSC
I've read all of them. Except, for such a great series, the ending wasnt all that great. It was as terrible as the epilogue in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.

Satiric

HSC
same repetitive stuff over and over again.
found it boring after the 5th book.

i.am.amanda

HSC
I've read them all, and really liked them. So easy to read, and they looked fancy with the hardback covers :D lol.
I didn't like the movie at all...and I thought "The End" could have been way better.

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
回复: Who has read Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events?

I read them
I didn't get them one bit.
Maybe coz i left a gap of about 6 months between reading each book lol but i never got the point and the ending left me like "WHATT?!"

Freckles14

HSC
I started reading them when I was ten, when there were already something like eight of them released so I read up to the latest book. I loved them at that point.

Then they got released at a rate of one a year or something, and I'd read them as they came out.

I quite like them still - except what is with the freaking sugar bowl? They never resolved that! - but I think the later ones were kind of ruined for me because I was older when I read them. And I felt kind of obligated to finish the series.

alexmartinek

HSC
great books,

there was something about them that was just a tad creepy

like i was scared when i read them for some reason

jet

Banned
HSC
I loved the series. It was the darkness/gothic style which attracted me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)