• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

who here does legal studies and wants to go into law? (1 Viewer)

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
i dropped english extension and it was the worst decision i pulled off *runs off crying*

julz1245

hahah well I dropped 2u maths for general and I still sigh with relief and happiness everytime I walk into class... I know it doesn't seem like a good decision for someone hoping to get into law, but maths is definately not my strong suit and general is so stress-free

_BaadShah_ said:
if i wrote a letter to my legal studies teacher explaining to her about something in an envelope.. she reads it etc..can a person such as the deputy principal or principal read this letter??..or is there a privacy law which restricts this?..
Er, well I'm not sure about laws regarding that, but probably if you just told your legal teacher that you didn't want anyone else to read it or know about the content they would respect that (unless he/she is an idiot, or the letter contains something like.. life-threatening, then they'd have to tell someone I think)

Jago said:
USyd will be PERFECT.
Do you think so? Personally, I'd rather go to UTS :D Which is what I'm trying for. My dream degree would be Law/International Studies *drools*

Oh and random comment, you know what annoys me?! those people who go into law who have no interest in it whatsoever and then end up using their law degree for something else/not at all

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
i want to go into Law as well. I'm aiming for the 95.5 commerce law degree @ macquarie. i'm aiming there, but if i get lower than 95.5, i'll probably settle with commerce somewhere.

btw: i dropped chemistry, because it was my only failing subject = 48% prelim course final mark.

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
im screwed coz i dropped bio my failing subject
but im still failing maths 2unit and eng adv
legal, business n IPT r better 4 me tho :)

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
i'll be glad to get 80% in english advanced in the hsc- i'm running at about 75% at the moment.
maths 2unit, IPT = good.
maths 3unit = passing by a thread.
pity this is not the case for legal and economics.. i'm did not do got in them last term.. hopefully an improvement this term.

Jonathan A

HSC
melsc said:
I want to do law so badly that I will transfer or do what ever it takes. I am hoping to get into UWS...but I dont know...I am really interested in the law...and someway some how I am going to...

Good attitude. If you do get into UWS, you will love it. All those invitations to go and see judges speak before students...some even cover the content in the assignment!

Jonathan A

HSC
joe_m_2000 said:
i really wanna do law
but my marks and everything arent going so well-a UAI over 90 doesnt look promising at all
so hence im aiming to get 80 now:(

Stick with it mate, seems like you will do well as a law student.

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
jonathan A: what UAI did u get to get into Bachelor of Social Science (Criminology) / Bachelor of Laws
and: is law interesting?

Jonathan A

HSC
Huratio said:
jonathan A: what UAI did u get to get into Bachelor of Social Science (Criminology) / Bachelor of Laws
and: is law interesting?

The UAI at the moment for UWS Law is 90 for Parramatta Campus (Cut-offs may vary from campus to campus).

Law is very interesting.

roadcone

HSC
wrong_turn said:
i dropped english extension and it was the worst decision i pulled off *runs off crying*
ditto for me, except extension maths, not english

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
i should have dropped chemistry?! what was i thinking of?!

i should have been doing:
3u maths
3u english
legal studies
ancient history
history extension!!

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
i couldve dropped maths, but i wouldve still been doin bio
im happy iv dropped bio but-its meant 2 b soooo boring
the maths pass made me feel a bit better
im not a failure :)

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
i haven't failed in maths yet. but i came close to it this time.
3u- 51%
2u- 75%

shit marks!

manifestation

What?!
HSC
joe_m_2000 said:
i couldve dropped maths, but i wouldve still been doin bio
im happy iv dropped bio but-its meant 2 b soooo boring
the maths pass made me feel a bit better
im not a failure :)
Ofcourse your not a failure!!! Who the hell said that!!! Definately not a failure, your a champ :)! And yeah i do legal as well and i want to do law but public law which isnt a law degree but a humanities one!

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
I'd love to law at USYD, hence the signature. But, in all reality, I don't think I could afford it.

It's ridiculously expensive at USYD as all the Sydney college kids get their daddy's to flip out a few pennies for legal text books, accomodation, beer, wigs, beer and certain $10,000 legal experience costs

jonnathann

But what if we get the required UAI of 99.6 (from last yr)...will we b charged that much as well? :S

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Law sux, everyone's like "OMG I WANNA BE A LAWYER TO GIVE DISABLED PEOPLE A VOICE!!!!!".
Hopefully by next year all these dreamers will be crushed.

monique66

nah, i don't actually want to help people...:) i generally think law is interesting i'm a very social-science kinda person

Jonathan A

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
Law sux, everyone's like "OMG I WANNA BE A LAWYER TO GIVE DISABLED PEOPLE A VOICE!!!!!".
Hopefully by next year all these dreamers will be crushed.

The law is great man! lol

I enjoy it. It teaches you to take a side that you wouldn't be prepared to take as the average person because the morals and ethics of law can be different at times. ahh the wonderful world of positivism....

Jonathan A

HSC
damnation said:
nah, i don't actually want to help people...:) i generally think law is interesting i'm a very social-science kinda person

i am too, but now that I am doing Social Science and Law, I tend to notice the difference lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)