Who here has gotten 99+ without accelerating? (1 Viewer)

WEMG

HSC
i agree with the person above, thats not accellerating, just shows he was disciplined and committed
probably why he got 99.95 :D ....and the fact he's a study freak xD xD
How did he self accelerate? Tutor or DIY?

57o1i

Premium Member
HSC
I accelerated in S&C but it didn't end up counting towards my ATAR, so I half count :).

Don't worry about being at a disadvantage by not accelerating ... I don't think it really makes a difference. You have to have a good work ethic whether you accelerate or not.

dp624

HSC
a very large amount of people get very high UAI/ATAR without accelerating. personally i would have liked to accelerate maybe 2 units of chem or phys or something, but in the end i didn't
accelerating is good, yes, but there's no massive need and you can do just as well without it

Jayson89

HSC
I got 99.95 without accelerating too :D, HEY STUDYFREAK!

Thing is, a lot of people accelerate in Year 11 but do relatively bad even though hypothetically you can 'epic' it due to it being the only counting units. You improve heaps from Year 11 to 12, ESPECIALLY in English.

But then, a lot of people also accelerate and get state ranks, so that's just fantastic for them.

IF you don't accelerate, I suggest you do 12 units if you're aiming for 99+, because having your worst mark not count is HUGE bonus, because normally it's the mark that drags you down more than your top mark pulls you up.

ATAR_boy

HSC
I thought you self-accelerated 3 Unit and 4 Unit.
Okay self-acceleration and 'SCHOOL' acceleration is a totally different thing.

I thought students who get top marks in 3U and 4U are meant to be self-accelerated as the school's maths pace is not that fast. :eek:

ATAR_boy

HSC
I got 99.95 without accelerating too :D, HEY STUDYFREAK!

Thing is, a lot of people accelerate in Year 11 but do relatively bad even though hypothetically you can 'epic' it due to it being the only counting units. You improve heaps from Year 11 to 12, ESPECIALLY in English.

But then, a lot of people also accelerate and get state ranks, so that's just fantastic for them.

IF you don't accelerate, I suggest you do 12 units if you're aiming for 99+, because having your worst mark not count is HUGE bonus, because normally it's the mark that drags you down more than your top mark pulls you up.
good point. so true, try to keep 12 units if ur going for 99+ as it gives you some back-up incase of the unexpected. :haha:

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
I'm sorry, but what's 'accelerating'? I did school in the NT, so terms are probably different.
Completing an entire HSC course and sitting the final HSC exam for that course before year 12, which usually involves doing an entire course in year 11.

Michaelmoo

cbff...
HSC
I did with twelve units. Its more than possible. I know people who did 14 units and got 99+ without accelerating. (that includes accelerating outside formal enrolment).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)