Who here has to travel from afar... (1 Viewer)

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
Originally posted by gress
7 minute walk from randwick..

oh its hell :D
oh damn. that's better than me.

Mine's 5 minute drive.

+:: $i[Q]u3 ::+

Jaded Member
HSC
i'm making friends with cityrail....
takes about 1 hour 40 minutes average... bit more if the trains/buses are late. booooo

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
bleh I used to live near the the botany road/high st junction which was a >5min walk... then i had 2 move to maroubra and its now a 10 min bus trip... absolutely shocking -_-

smittenkitten

Poopinator
On the plus side you're closer to a beach constipatedskunk:p

I would have had to take a bus to the station, a train to central and then a bus but my mum drives me to the station:p so that's one less bus to take. Phew. I'd never make it ontime otherwise.

laney

HSC
Originally posted by smittenkitten
So hey, just to confirm, the unsw express buses eg. 891, 93, 95 depart from stand D at central?
no.
891 leaves from central and that's the express.
393 and 395 make all the stops to unsw and drops you at the front of the uni.

mitochondria

*Rawr*!
HSC
Originally posted by smittenkitten
On the plus side you're closer to a beach constipatedskunk:p

I would have had to take a bus to the station, a train to central and then a bus but my mum drives me to the station:p so that's one less bus to take. Phew. I'd never make it ontime otherwise.
same here :) but it still takes me ~95 minutes or more to get there... :(

I've heard sooo stories from the people who live really far from unsw an eventually moved out.. is anyone considering moving out?

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
Originally posted by gress
7 minute walk from randwick..

oh its hell :D
7 minute bus ride

Originally posted by Constip8edSkunk
bleh I used to live near the the botany road/high st junction which was a >5min walk... then i had 2 move to maroubra and its now a 10 min bus trip... absolutely shocking -_-

as above ^^^ its 7 minutes on the 400:p do u get on @ ah. the powers of living right in the junction. i'm the closest house to the 400 bus stop. well not really, theres two other houses closer

addz

HSC
private bus then train then bus
= 10mins + 55 mins + 20mins = 1hour 25mins

and this doesnt take into account delays and waiting for certain transport...therefore prolly 1 hour and 40mins...meh
lucky im gonna get driven home most days...peak hour public transport away from city = alot of a standing

smittenkitten

Poopinator
Originally posted by laney
no.
891 leaves from central and that's the express.
393 and 395 make all the stops to unsw and drops you at the front of the uni.
Yeh:p Thankfully there was this...rather obvious stream of unsw students so I was just going with the flow and tagging along the tail of students...:p I almost went out the wrong exit at central too:/

Question: Who actually puts their travelpasses into the green ticket machine? Is there even a purpose to this seeing as though travelpasses have unlimited rides?

Originally posted by mitochondria
I've heard sooo stories from the people who live really far from unsw an eventually moved out.. is anyone considering moving out?
WAS considering it...until I realised that I'm not the sort of person who has that sort of mentality to survive living alone, having to pay rent, all those uni books, coursepacks, food, bills etc take alot of money. Living at home, I can sit back and just focus on having fun and studying. I don't mind the 1.5hr travel atm...but who knows in a year or so.

Dash

ReSpEcTeD
HSC
45mins on the train + 15mins on the bus + 10mins walking time...
So just over an hour for me :(

SkAnDi

HSC
So anyway last year i had a math tute that ended at 5... i'd get home at like quarter to 8.

Did you know that i get home at the same time that people who live in newcastle get home.

WOAH!!!!

I rented in Enmore for awhile, good pubs, good location, not too far from uni, not too far from city.

Hurt my bank balance.

So now i'm back home :(

SkAnDi

HSC
Nah :)

I rented with a friend from high school, who i haven't spoken to since we moved out. I probably spoke to him like 5 times in the last 3 months that we were "meant" to be living together.

Lesson : Don't move in with close friends unless you know it's going to work.

It's such a shame, we were such good friends as well! :(

Farnarcle

Originally posted by mitochondria
is anyone considering moving out?
No, I'm considering getting a motorbike. No traffic, cheap, easy to park.

Gezz, I'll probably end up building one for an assignment later.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)