Who is confident for engineering studies?? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hey, just wondering who is keen for engineering studies? What kinda trial marks did people get? How much Study have you been doing for it? How are you dealing with the fact it's the day after english?

taeyang

HSC
Recent Mark: 41.5%

I did not know the entire course going into that exam, so I've been studying pretty much only that. yeh.... not confident at all...

AAEldar

Premium Member
HSC
Recent Mark: 41.5%

I did not know the entire course going into that exam, so I've been studying pretty much only that. yeh.... not confident at all...
Can't say I'm really that confident either. We had two different casual teachers for the whole Civil Structures topic and we never went over any of it >.>

Going to be fun! I am glad that it'll be over quickly though.

Talonus11

HSC
Not confident here either. Our teacher preferred a practical approach, so we spent a large proportion of our lessons doing practical stuff like making dragsters, designing bridges. It was heaps of fun and i loved it, but in retrospect... we didnt do a great deal of work. Only now that i'm going through the syllabus and past papers do i realise how much stuff he didnt teach us...

AAEldar

Premium Member
HSC
Not confident here either. Our teacher preferred a practical approach, so we spent a large proportion of our lessons doing practical stuff like making dragsters, designing bridges. It was heaps of fun and i loved it, but in retrospect... we didnt do a great deal of work. Only now that i'm going through the syllabus and past papers do i realise how much stuff he didnt teach us...
We barely did anything practical (I know it's not a practical course), but our class hasn't been terribly stable and I guess we've suffered!

In hindsight though, even though we may not have learnt as much as we should have, I had loads of fun in the class.

Weasel406

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm fairly confident. Got 80% in the trials, and I hope to improve on that. (although the CSSA test seemed a lot easier than the past papers I have been doing)

taeyang

HSC
I'm fairly confident. Got 80% in the trials, and I hope to improve on that. (although the CSSA test seemed a lot easier than the past papers I have been doing)
HOW CAN YOU BE CONFIDENT IN THIS SUBJECT.... This subject is like if you powderformed Physics, Ext1 Mathematics and English Advanced together.. since they don't normally go together, but now for some god forsaken reason they do... This subject is F%@#ing me up the asshole and will ruin my ATAR ^.^

wingman

Let's Rock N' Roll
HSC
HOW CAN YOU BE CONFIDENT IN THIS SUBJECT.... This subject is like if you powderformed Physics, Ext1 Mathematics and English Advanced together.. since they don't normally go together, but now for some god forsaken reason they do... This subject is F%@#ing me up the asshole and will ruin my ATAR ^.^
LOL
Good luck with Mechatronics Engineering for the next 4 years if you get in

taeyang

HSC
LOL
Good luck with Mechatronics Engineering for the next 4 years if you get in
haha well the thing is, I don't not like it, it's a very good subject; I've just had to learn the course in 3 weeks cause I did nothing during the year ^.^ oh well looks like that course isn't an object... I'm so mad jelly of your confidence bro......................

Skyge

HSC
We had a teacher who, at times we had to show how to do simple trigonometry & rearranging of formulas. Managed to scrape through the trial with 60-something% with fuck all knowledge. This is why they should not let Industrial Art staff teach this subject. >.<

Weasel406

HSC
Uni Grad
I had a really great teacher so I've been listening all year. It helped me a lot just reading through the text books we had aswell. Alot of it seems to be understanding, like knowing something will be subjected to whatever, so it needs a material that has the property of whatever.

Edit: A lot of people have a subject that just wants to mess with their atar. For me it's English *shudder*

jonahpetrie

HSC
pretty confident, got 96 in my trial which was a mix of independent /my own teachers. Hopefully there isnt too much bullshitting required

taeyang

HSC
pretty confident, got 96 in my trial which was a mix of independent /my own teachers. Hopefully there isnt too much bullshitting required
Oh my god are you kidding me? how is that even possible...

jonahpetrie

HSC
i dunno was pretty stoked, my mate got 95 and another guy 94, then it kind of dropped off. I'm worried that my teacher marked a bit too easily. if you really like the subject it is all fun to learn and a lot of the answers require a good general knowledge of engineering practices.

taeyang

HSC
I see what you mean; can you tell me something? How in depth do you need to know everything? I know that sounds naive, but say for normalising, can I just say "heat to above red head and let cool in room temperature air, this totally recrystallises the structure and increases yield strength, UTS and notched bar toughness" I mean like I have a VERY VERY limited knowledge of everything.... what are your wise words?

jonahpetrie

HSC
mate if that question was out of 2 you'd get full marks. The thing about engo is this; there is a massive syllabus and it's not very clear and quiet confusing, they arnt like sciences where they want to take marks off you for stupid little shit. In engo they will give you the benefit of the doubt all the time. You're answer was not limited at all but very concise. If you have any text books read over them, write down stuff you don't know about, do every past paper there is. You should be fine

miniwaybzz

HSC
N/A
yeh i found engineering one of the hardest to study for throughout the year ..... its not like physics how u can stick to the syllabus. engineering i agree is soooooooo frkn broad

HSC
Been doing past papers and getting about 90%, got 80% in CSSA trial but I wrote 25000 words of summaries and have done 8 past papers in about the last 10 days so I should be ok :))

miniwaybzz

HSC
N/A
Been doing past papers and getting about 90%, got 80% in CSSA trial but I wrote 25000 words of summaries and have done 8 past papers in about the last 10 days so I should be ok :))
wow nice. which past papers .... and can you share the solutions please ? :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)