Who is doing a Science-related course @ UNSW next year? (1 Viewer)

psych_girl

HSC
:)
t-i-m-m-y said:
chem doesn't cost 200 bucks for first year

silbeberg: $90
SI data book: $30
course pack=2X$12=$24
Hay, timmy..........what chemistry book did you use @ first year? Foundation of Chemistry? :) I have SI data book:) Our teacher asked us to buy it this year......

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
t-i-m-m-y said:
chem doesn't cost 200 bucks for first year

silbeberg: $90
SI data book: $30
course pack=2X$12=$24
erhm..excuse me...what about Organic chemistry for 80 bucks??!!!!

Unless higher chem people are too dumb for organic. LOL

Last edited:

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
psych_girl said:
So can i choose math subjects as much as i can...Coz i like math but as i said before, for majoring in math....I have no idea...... But for Biological field.....what kinds of math can i choose? Beacuse too many math subjects can lend my GPA higher than any other subs. Im sure.........
You can pretty much choose up to 3 maths subjects in year 1.

HSC
hey are there any science courses that have uai under 80 (maybe 76ish), cos i'm really doubting my mark of 80 at this rate...

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
+GriM ReApeR+ said:
hey are there any science courses that have uai under 80 (maybe 76ish), cos i'm really doubting my mark of 80 at this rate...
I'm not too sure, maybe check out B Nanotech, or B Biotechnology. Most science courses have a common first year. After the first year, you can transfer to your desired course.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
It's ok psyc_girl, we can sell it to you for a lot less. lol

tommywatts

what's the major difference between b. science and b. science (advanced)- is it better to do science advanced or just a plain ol' bachelor of science degree? is advanced that much harder with the superbrains?

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Nothing much difference except advanced science people need to do 2 Life Science sujects. Bascially the advanced subjects are for both science and advanced science students. Both degrees can pick the advanced or normal level subjects

but advanced people have a bit more choices in terms of subject selections.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
psych_girl said:
Pure Math is good, but nothing useful...................I mean for finding a job, applied math is bit better, but for fun, Pure is the best...........I wanna do Moleular Biology and Genetics (b Science) @ UNSW next year.....................
Plus: who knows in the first year of science, what particular subjects do we have to do? anything relate to physics and computer? Coz i hate them......especially computer science...............
Pure maths is nothing useful? If you plan to do any computers stuff, pure maths is definitely more useful than applied. And I'm thinking cryptography looks pretty cool. There would be other reasons to take pure aswell, besides for fun. :p

Tamara_C

HSC
I'm thinking of doing a bachelor of science at UNSW next year. But I haven't done chemistry i senior school. People say I should do a bridging course? Is it worth it? Or can I get by without it???

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Tamara_C said:
I'm thinking of doing a bachelor of science at UNSW next year. But I haven't done chemistry i senior school. People say I should do a bridging course? Is it worth it? Or can I get by without it???
Expect chemistry like hell.
I have chem background and i can't do 20% of the final exam....

unmentionable

HSC
im looking at combining Bcom (act studies) with Bsci maths or something like that
whats the best combination for act. studies?

saves.the.day

HSC
Tamara_C said:
I would highly reccomend doing at least a bridging course

I have just finished 1st year chem and I did not do a bridging course. For me.. chem was like hell but it wont be impossible to pass the course without doing a bridging course. I still managed to pull a distinction in the subject without doing a briding course. I know a guy who has no chem backgorund at all and only did the bridging course and he got a HD in the 90's so don't think that without yr 11/12 chem you wont be able to cope because you will (just gotta work a little extra).. realistically speaking, others with a chem background will just have an advantage over you.

To do well or pass without a chemistry background, you'll need to put in alot of extra time as basically my chemistry background went something along the lines of "the blue bunsen's the hot one". The problem is that in lectures etc. they just assume so much knowledge, concepts and terms.

tennille

HSC
2nd choice= advance science, 4th choice= medical science, 7th choice= Bscience.

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
unmentionable: thats actuarial studies? goes well with finance, maths and computing science

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)