AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Thats the point, big publicity with dismissal, quietly usher him back in

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
I rekon the students should protest, and drive him out. Perhaps place an attractive 16yr old in one of his classes and get her to dress like a skank and make her talk dirty to the Dr. Fraser, he wont be albe to refuse sex from her...and BAMM....He is out.

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
zahid said:
I rekon the students should protest, and drive him out. Perhaps place an attractive 16yr old in one of his classes and get her to dress like a skank and make her talk dirty to the Dr. Fraser, he wont be albe to refuse sex from her...and BAMM....He is out.
cant u stay in the UNSW forums?

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
I have not kept up to date with this issue, but I know what he has done isn't against the law. Hence, there is no reason why he shouldn't be re-instated.

From what I saw of him on 60 Minutes, he seemed to posses great logic in his argument. People just get bent up on being politically correct.

I do agree with how he says that a lot of multiculturals cause problems. He backed that up with plenty of facts. At the same time, I also believe that it is the human individual who creates the problem, and not the race/religion (which is often a scapegoat or an excuse). So for me, I leave it up to the judgement of an individual's character.

I guess this is directed moreso at zahid's post. Why should they protest? If they are at uni for an education, then why does it matter who delivers it. You see how the race issue becomes just an excuse to create trouble.

I think there are greater problems in this world that are slighltly more important that race/religion issues. One side should just drop everything and say, "We don't care anymore. All our resources for protests/weapons are going towards buying condoms for African nations".

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Please? Seriously? There are hot chics there ogm kekekek

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
redruM said:
I think there are greater problems in this world that are slighltly more important that race/religion issues.
You'd think so...but with what's been going on with those Danish cartoons, not everyone's in agreeance.

Quality post btw.

I don't actually know of anyone actively wanting his removal...but rather there has been a Drew Fraser committee on campus seeking his reinstatement.

Instead of people being shocked and outraged, people should have sought to discredit his views with evidence. The whole thing would have died down a lot quicker that way.

He told students he wanted to go out with a bang...removing his course merely makes him a martyr for intellectual freedom - which would be a major shame as I believe his theories while interesting, range from the flawed to the ridiculous.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Yeap, you definitely need to go to UNSW forums mate, asian, no sense of humour, and squeeling at the sight of girls.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Drew Fraser,
BA (Hons) LLB (Queen), LLM (Harv), MA (N.Carolina)
Associate Professor in Law
Research areas: Corporations Law, Constitutional Law, Republicanism, Anglo-American constitutional History
Undergraduate Teaching: Public Law, Anglo-American Constitutional History, Modern Corporate Governance
Telephone: 9850 7070
Fax: 9850 6062
Room: W6A 205
Email: dfraser@pip2.hmn.mq.edu.au

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
_Bushra_ said:
So Whatt's the big deal with this guy?

Sorry cant be bothered to scroll back...

:)
He was on the news and dismissed from mac because he said some things that people were outraged by.

Last edited:

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
manifestation said:
Will or can students object going to this Fraser dude's lectures?
Sure, but I don't see why you would care/bother?

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
manifestation said:
Will or can students object going to this Fraser dude's lectures?
I doubt you could do much. If you want to do the subject youll have to have him. I dont think its going to really matter though, as his views probably wont effect the course too much. Uni is all about being critical anywayz, if you disagree with him and have a good argument against it, then he may not agree but he will give you a HD in your essay nevertheless (in theory).....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)