Who Is Officially Screwed For Eng Adv. Paper 2 (1 Viewer)

HSC
i feel proud to say english is the one subject i'm NOT screwed for. i thought AOS would get me but I've pulled out of that rut.
trials on monday and tuesday will tell, however.

grsrl

HSC
Good luck for Eng Paper 2 tomoz.
To answer ur question, i do hamlet and RAGAD (ModuleA), Cloudstreet (ModuleB) and Frontline (Module C).
We were told just to have a good thesis and use quotes to get good mark. Can talk in plain english if there's good discussion.
Good luck!

HSC
I do Antony and Cleopatra, the Speeches Module and BNW/Bladerunner.
I think I will do best by BNW, worst for the speeches.
Yes, the speeches are the worst…I know the three I did an assignment on pretty well but if the question asks for an obscure speech
(Not Keating, Lincoln, King or Kyi) then I will be stuffed.
A&C should be okay because its freshest in my mind.

I hate Area of Study! We do all that work, studying the booklet, finding related texts and then have to cram all that knowledge into one 40min essay!
But yeah, its been said. We know.

melaniemelanie

HSC
Keys said:
omg,i am about to have a heart attack...3 essays in 2 hours is impossible!!!!!i mean,we'v had practice individual essays in 40 mins each and my hand was gone after only one,i dont think its possible to write 3!plus,theres too much info to write down in 40 mins,seriously,wat is it testing,coz its not testing knowledge thats for sure!?
hahahaaha dont complain till you have to do the 2unit studies of religion paper...3 essays in 3 hours not included 5 full pages of short answer questions....all up today in that stinking subject i wrote 19 pages....

but thats not including the economics exam i had to sit before.....ohhhh the pain bhahaahaha

melaniemelanie

HSC
p.s. do you reckon their gonna select a speech for the speeches module b? last year was an australian writer, 2003 was atwoods, the cssa trials really love to do this it seems.

i have a strong gut feeling they might say do a speach by a women... but our teachers kindly told us that if the cssa didnt select a speech...theyd change it and will........great im excited

~~*CHELLE*~~

HSC
yay... im glad they didnt select just one speech to focus on! i went goot in bladeruner bnw... i went crap in powerplay mainly coz i had just done outside to be sick.... my year coordinator tried to make me go home... good old fighting spirit... i got back in there and finished right on the word stop... but i still think i didnt go well... PLUS someones phone beeped every 5 minutes coz they got a message and they had phone calls and all.. beep beep beep how annoying we have to put them in our bags at the back of the room so no one knows who it was... it relli through me off!

huy17

HSC
oh, please people, i know a guy who goes to Sydney boys, whose close critical study is on wild swans--a book over 400 pages long. and then his text for powerplay is 1984, another long book. when he tried to answer a question of his own to the teacher, she refused to mark it, because 'it was something your tutor set.' i think he's officially screqwed for paper two, at least, and it's not due to his own fault

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
big deal... he goes to sydney boys

syper

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
HSC
also screwed...

Module A: Emma/Clueless

Module B: King Lear

Module C: The 50th Gate

How am I meant to remember three different essays?

What is even more rediculous, is that a 2 hour exam consisting of three essays is weighted 15% -
THE SAME AS A 3 minute 30 second speech, or a collage with a 1 page response?! WTF?

Keys

HSC
i had my papar 2 today...all i can say kno ur shit WELL coz once ur in there all ur worried about is time and so u start to make no sense and forget to write down important facts...its possible times wise,just realise wen ur writing bullshit and STOP!!!!

Did anyone find the powerplay question hard???

Goodluck for everyone who still have theirs to come!!

[trent]

HSC
so very, very, very screwed...ours is on next friday, the same day as modern (with 2 essays, 4 mini-essays, 1 page of short answers!!)

:(

module a - malouf/wordsworth
module b - speeches
module c - powerplay (Ant and Cleo)

HSC
i have my paper 2 tomorrow and i swear they better not specify a certain speech for Module B cos that's just evil!!
I mean I have
speeches and some are like 8 pages long!! as for antony and cleopatra what question are they going to ask i've only studied 1 Act!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)