Who ran out of time?? (1 Viewer)

Komaticom

Bored Member
HSC
Uni Grad
The English Paper2 God is a surly bastard!

That exam PWNED me beyond recognition...

Spent 50 minutes on 1.
Spend 30 on the others.
Wrote in dot point for the Powerplay speech.

Bloody hell...
That's what happens when they inbalance the system. Easy Paper 1 = WTF Paper 2. Surly bastards.

Wrote 14.5 pages.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
i'm actually the opposite, because i was right up the back of our (large) hall and my long distance vision isn't too good, so i thought it finished about 5 minutes earlier than it actually did and wound up with about 5 mins to spare

televators

HSC
didnt finish Frontline (mod C)- only 4 pgs, only saw that there was a few mins left... so i write "hmm, it seems as though we have run out of time...thankyou for listening"- i hope get the markers laughing, hehehe

rainonmay

floating around
HSC
i didnt run out of time but i didnt write as much as i would have liked.... im juz a slow writer

Atotoi

Beetroot Strudel Anyone??
HSC
I ran out of time with Emma/Clueless, i left it till last ..w ell simply because i think Jane Austen was an utter tart.

Thats all i have to say :p

JessC

HSC
N/A
i left emma/clueless til last aswell with 25 mins to go....so i didn't get very far..
bloody lear!! took me ages...

ruzha

Paper2 sucked!

OMG! This paper was so bad for me! The King Lear question totally threw me off! I wasn't expecting that! Frontline was an easy question, but I spent too much time on ModuleB and C that i didn't have enough time for ModuleA! and it was aneasy question! How the BoS can expect us to do 3 writing tasks in 2 hours i don't know! They give us 3 hours for every other exam and usually we don't need it, but when it comes to English, a subject where every freaken minute counts they give us only 2 measley hours! aarrggghhh....!

Very frustrated here! Well again I'm goin to thank my English teacher Ms Conway for all her support! shes the best!

Yay! no more english!! wait a minute...I want to be an english teacher!!

oh no!

lol

will_17

8 Seconds left... I've never written such a rushed conclusion in my life.

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
I skrewed module C up cuz i ran outta time.......i done 8 pages but dat was all spent on the prescribed crap and i put onlyyyy 1 related text and rushed in and my conclusion was one line...The marker will prolly think WTF when reading it cuz it says in my intro that i will talk about four related texts, and i only ended up doing 1 and then not even properly i had 2 end it and rite a stupid conclusion dat didnt make senceee!!!!!!!!!!! SO GLAD ENGLISH IS GONEEE!!!!!

girlsetsfire

i had the 40 minute thing going.... so wiht forntline i left out like a good 2-3 techniques for forntline and 1 for my related, but eh..., king lear, emma and clueless, i kinda finished, i wanted ot add mroe crap but u know u do have to move on...

mizz_smee

has a fetish 4 handcuffs
HSC
all mine were shit i didn't really finisha any of them
i so need another 20 mins on each
foe Mod A i spent 50 mins
Mod B i spent 40 mins
which left me with 30 mons for Mod C
the Module C question really threw me
i wasn't quite sure how to answer it
and only refer to 2 things
i could not do that
Cloudstreet is a novel
not a book made up of completely different sections
that i can split and talk about at will!
stupid bored of studies
just blew my english mark out the window
i just hope the rest of my grade did good

nomz

yaeh spent too long on A and B- didn't even finish A as such- so for C i only got to talk about half a piece of related material- not two :-( I'm so screwed! how many marks do you think I'll lose for that? Then theres all the marks for how crap my responses are. Its depressing! But at the same time no more English! Yay! I'm havin a bon-fire to burn all my stuff after the HSC.

Angelique86

HSC
i didnt end up finishing module b and yeah it was easy too! i managed to just write the frontline part but i didnt touch on the related text..

i had one point of related text and then that was it...

i managed to write 5 pages though

ryaneco

HSC
I finished, i spent the first 50 mins on telling the truth speech, which i think i did really well i actually remembered everything so i was happy

ryaneco

HSC
I finished, i spent the first 50 mins on telling the truth speech, which i think i did really well i actually remembered everything so i was happy
I spent the next 40 mins on BNW/BR
And left about 30 mins for king lear, i did it in like 25 mins but i only wrote 4pages and i don't think they were very good, i spent too much time trying to sort out how to answer the question - it was a hard question!
But i wrapped it up cause i hate leaving questions unanswered.

Crikket

Exactly Member
HSC
i wrote THANK YOU just as the lady said time's up yay!
but seriously, my essays sucked, it lacked in content coz i was trying to write fast and think at the same time... i'm really not good with multitasking :D

little_red_fox

I didn't mind the questions too much, I wrote everything I needed to say (7 or so pages each)...except for the conclusion for two of them. I thought my arguement was fairly clear, but how many marks do you think it would cost me for each of them?

corro

HSC
yeh i did 45 on bnw/br, 40 on kl and 35 on frontline, missed a bit but yeh went alright

Crikket

Exactly Member
HSC
little_red_fox said:
I didn't mind the questions too much, I wrote everything I needed to say (7 or so pages each)...except for the conclusion for two of them. I thought my arguement was fairly clear, but how many marks do you think it would cost me for each of them?
apparently they like structure so it would've been good if you had a conclusion, but it won't matter very much, i don't think...

~AmY_PoWeR~

I DEFINATELY ran out of time..
spent way too long on Module A: Hamet and Ros&Guil but it was pretty good.
Module B: Gwen Harwood, i had no idea for the question, made up SO much stuff
and cos i was thinking about B i left only 20minutes for Module C: Frontline!
Ah so angry..ended up writing a page of dot points and quickly wrote a conclusion.
Meh its over!! ITS OVER!
xo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)