Who screwed up half yearlies? (1 Viewer)

Shrikar

MλĐ€ IŇ ĮŃĐĨλ
HSC
Uni Grad
magpam said:
wait but i dont understand i worked my ass off and i still failed? no seriously i wrote notes so long that i could have written a whole study guide. where did i go wrong? that was the only time i tried and put effort and i ended up getting worse marks than to when i didn't care. oh well im back to my old attitude ...
Hmmm, are you sure you studied for the right things, maybe you didn't emphasise on the areas where you had trouble, and spent the time revising the stuff you were already good at, and maybe the stuff you didn't understand as well was in the exam.

Or maybe you didn't do some effective study which involes like i said targetting the areas you are having difficulty with, and spending less time on the stuff you already know, and more on the ones you don't. Sounds obvious but you would be surprised how many people who would just study the stuff they already know, just to make them feel like they revised well.

Perhaps these might have been the things you had done, if so then take my advice, and good luck.

Shrikar

MλĐ€ IŇ ĮŃĐĨλ
HSC
Uni Grad
magpam said:
wow you are really good with advise!

yeah i think i did kinda do that...

thanks and good luck with you too
Cheers.

jimmayyy

HSC
xoxo said:
anyone?
i felt so depressed when i got my marks back today.....i tried so hard.........argh!!!!! is it possible to still go really well (like 90+) even if i really screwed up my half yearlies???
i hate the hsc!!!!
i didnt go as well as i would have liked. ranking wise, im going very well but thats only in comparison because my whole year went shit and it only took marks of like mid 80's to come first

it was the kick in the backside i needed to get focused

shane23q06

HSC
no really...live.fast will kick alll of your UAI's.....you got 99.95? live.fast will beat it! lol he is really that damn smart....
duds don't get into the philosophy distinction course.

idling fire

HSC
live.fast said:
aaaannnd FAAAIIILLL UAAIIII
Yes, we all achieve a UAI of "fail". I didn't know we could get four characters before a decimal point. Oh, wait, they aren't numbers. My bad.

fail.95

m0ofin

HSC
N/A
Is it me or did all that flaming get deleted? The mods here are quite speedy indeed.

avenueoftrees

Electro Boy
HSC
Soul Searcher, I have a feeling that you are a dirty old player killer.

Half Yearly exams remind of that time soul searcher got caught out in the geriatric ward. Hmmmm weird that! Dirty dirty old man I know your secret! THUMBS DOWN TO YOU MATE THUMBS DOWN... Try a little harder thanks mate???

Shrikar

MλĐ€ IŇ ĮŃĐĨλ
HSC
Uni Grad
avenueoftrees said:

Half Yearly exams remind of that time soul searcher got caught out in the geriatric ward. Hmmmm weird that! Dirty dirty old man I know your secret! THUMBS DOWN TO YOU MATE THUMBS DOWN... Try a little harder thanks mate???
Lol. Watch out SS.

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
Gangles.McGee said:
Got back 2 sections of my english exam aswell as a previous assessment.

Didn't do too well in that exam, but my rank is fantastic. As for the creative writing assessment I was annoyed to see a 9/10 crossed out and replaced with an 8/10.

:(

Ohwell.
Aw, don't you hate that? It's ok hun.

avenueoftrees said:

Um what.

wis2163

HSC
Damn, Soul Searcher you have been screwing with some souls.
Word of warning to all those youth out there, Soul Searcher or more appropriately Gerry "Geriatric" Goldman, is an old, old man with wrinkly hands. I'm suprised that he can even work a keyboard. How he gets near a computer is beyond me, I thought computer/technology was bad for old people.
Gerry "Geriatric" used to go out with my Nan and my Nan has been dead and buried now for i'd say a good five years. WARNING! WARNING! WARNING!

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
wis2163 said:
Damn, Soul Searcher you have been screwing with some souls.
Word of warning to all those youth out there, Soul Searcher or more appropriately Gerry "Geriatric" Goldman, is an old, old man with wrinkly hands. I'm suprised that he can even work a keyboard. How he gets near a computer is beyond me, I thought computer/technology was bad for old people.
Gerry "Geriatric" used to go out with my Nan and my Nan has been dead and buried now for i'd say a good five years. WARNING! WARNING! WARNING!
Oh ok. That clarified it a lot.

*awkward silence*

Regulardelivery

HSC
live.fast said:
dat shrikar dude is rite

half yearlies = wake up call

der der 2 get you off ur high horse, and remind ya dat ur still got TONS of FRIGGIN STUDY 2 GO!! keeps ur cocky-ness 2 a MINIMUM and ur effort at a MAXIMUM!!

so START REALLY STUDYING PPLZ!!!

go suck wang nutcase! keep your cocky-ness to yourself biatchHHHHHHHHHH!

Shrikar

MλĐ€ IŇ ĮŃĐĨλ
HSC
Uni Grad
Regulardelivery said:
go suck wang nutcase! keep your cocky-ness to yourself biatchHHHHHHHHHH!
Lol. Seems like everyone hates that guy.

HSC
Well. Sorry to spoil the excitement BUT I'm going to revert BACk to the topic in order to discuss how much I think I f***** up my legal half yearly today. I studied straight off the syllabus but stupid me didn't study the case studies THAT is depth because I though no long response=no need for long, detailed case study. I WAS WRONG, I needed 2. Maaaaad. I kind remembered the Abu Graihb tortures from a speech I did, and I think I chucked in a bit of david Hicks. But that question was worth 12 marks and I will be lucky to get 9. :(

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
michelleyeaman said:
Well. Sorry to spoil the excitement BUT I'm going to revert BACk to the topic in order to discuss how much I think I f***** up my legal half yearly today. I studied straight off the syllabus but stupid me didn't study the case studies THAT is depth because I though no long response=no need for long, detailed case study. I WAS WRONG, I needed 2. Maaaaad. I kind remembered the Abu Graihb tortures from a speech I did, and I think I chucked in a bit of david Hicks. But that question was worth 12 marks and I will be lucky to get 9. :(
You can only know where you went right and wrong when you get the exam back, so don't think about the exam till you get them back. Works for me :)

wis2163

HSC
To get really technical on you gramps a.k.a gerry geriatric or as his long dead dinosaur use to call him Soul Searcher, we were and are talking about you! Damn gramps it is just so sad with you loosing your sight and hearing to good ol mother nature to have you dismiss me, the very good friend of your great great great great grandaughter. Come on Gramps you can still feeeeeeeel the LOVE!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)