Who screwed up half yearlies? (1 Viewer)

xoxo

HSC
anyone?
i felt so depressed when i got my marks back today.....i tried so hard.........argh!!!!! is it possible to still go really well (like 90+) even if i really screwed up my half yearlies???
i hate the hsc!!!!

HSC
yeah its quite possible. you should have about 60% worth of your school assessments to go plus the HSC exam. but now is the time to really start putting work in if you already haven't, especially if you want a high UAI.

Legham

HSC
I dont need to see my marks to know that i screwed up my half yearlies :p I just need my ranks to see how bad i screwed up compared to the rest of my class.

nichhhole

asndihsCfuckingansbdiuahd
HSC
i screwed up.. BEYOND comprehension...
BUT!
the way i see it..
internal is 50% of HSC.. and we're yet to even do 50% of those internal assessments...
so!
its all going to be fine!
:)

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
nichhhole said:
i screwed up.. BEYOND comprehension...
BUT!
the way i see it..
internal is 50% of HSC.. and we're yet to even do 50% of those internal assessments...
so!
its all going to be fine!
And even then, it's really the ranks that matter here :uhhuh: although the mark range between the ranks can affect it as well :)

HSC
nichhhole said:
internal is 50% of HSC.. and we're yet to even do 50% of those internal
effectively its really something like 60 external-40 internal due to moderation and students usually improving lots in the exam (again moderation). which is a reason why its said that ranks are more important than marks. whatever the ratio is (i took a guess) the exam can really boost your marks.

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
lol its pretty much da opposite for me... :) i absoultely killed the half yearlies :) 98 for 2u math 96 for 3u math, 89 chem :(:(:(:(:(:(:( and 96business lollll i got 80 for 2u eng and 70 for 3u eng but dey dont count as assesments :)

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Many 06ers who gain high UAIs didn't do as well in the half yearlies and then worked to improve in later assessments and the trials.

Yes there is still time, yes there is more assessments to come weighted higher, you gave it your best shoot at the time now it is time to get on the job and working on improving so you can get the marks that you want.

Beege

HSC
60% in english (I thought I would get 70% but I was suppose the write the same amount for each text :mad1:) - Rank ?? but the highest in the year was like 73%

77% In Maths, Rank ?? - Stuffed up a few questions, I thought I would get at least 80% :mad1:

80% In IPT, Rank 1/9 - Didn't write enough for some of the short answer questions but I came first so the mark means nothing and I reckon I will come first for the whole assessment.

Will get my software exam back on thursday

Overall I'm slightly disappointed but I gotta move on

theodore223

God's reincarnate
HSC
So far i have back;
Chem: 51 % (5th)
Maths: 68 % (doesnt count)
Maths Ext 1: 56% (6th)

So i guess u can say i have screwed up as Ext 1 was 30% of final hsc mark.

HSC
I STUFFED UP SO BAD!!!!!!!!
my rank is ok-ish.......but marks.......0_0

english (standard) = 66% 2nd
engineering studies - 87% 1st
physics = 68% 4th
chemistry = 83% 4th
maths (2u adv) = 70% 9th

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
Beege said:
60% in english (I thought I would get 70% but I was suppose the write the same amount for each text :mad1:) - Rank ?? but the highest in the year was like 73%

77% In Maths, Rank ?? - Stuffed up a few questions, I thought I would get at least 80% :mad1:

80% In IPT, Rank 1/9 - Didn't write enough for some of the short answer questions but I came first so the mark means nothing and I reckon I will come first for the whole assessment.

Will get my software exam back on thursday

Overall I'm slightly disappointed but I gotta move on
OMFG your marks and opinions are very similar to mine !!!
Except I got +6% because of my fantastic responses to Paper 1 Section 1 ... but haven't got IPT results yet ...

-pari-

HSC
N/A
sanjeevprasad:

all that counts is your ranks, and considering you came top 5 in most things, top 10 in ALL, i think you're doing really well! :)

Sofstar

HSC
I screwed up my maths. Everything else that i've gotten back is relatively ok for now.

-pari-

HSC
N/A
^ dw, i think the average for maths was pretty low considering pretty much everyone was unhappy with their results. ;)

Sofstar

HSC
Congratulations by the way. Maths and i don't get along too well. Bloody maths.

-pari-

HSC
N/A
Sofstar said:
Congratulations by the way. Maths and i don't get along too well. Bloody maths.
Gives me headaches too :(

News spreads that fast, huh?

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
I don't plan to tell my marks to anyone (except Beanie) - they were that bad. Thankfully it was only my 3 units of English.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)