Who started BoS? (1 Viewer)

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
This thread is actually really interesting.

Thanks, OP & Repliers.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
I feel so old when I read this thread. Imagine not knowing who started BOS. Everyone would have known a few years back.

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
iambored said:
I feel so old when I read this thread. Imagine not knowing who started BOS. Everyone would have known a few years back.
Hey, havent seen you around for a fair while.

I think BOS hit its straps around 04/05. Not sure where it will be in another 2 years or so. :(

aronzak

HSC
Hello all. Seems fairly active. Don't see why it would die. People did work on how online communities collapse when people pull out. The number one way to avoid it is to have a niche and market to it. It seems many people are here not so much because of the quality of discussion but a common interest.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
aronzak said:
Hello all. Seems fairly active. Don't see why it would die. People did work on how online communities collapse when people pull out. The number one way to avoid it is to have a niche and market to it. It seems many people are here not so much because of the quality of discussion but a common interest.
The problem is that the people running the site seem to have stopped marketing the niche.

Still, the fact that this site has hundreds of thousands of members and continues to be a font of basic HSC knowledge indicates it won't fall any time soon.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Without Wings said:
I believe it was first moderated by the admin & a few others.

Minai (used to be a site admin) has been around since pretty much the start...can't remember the exact timing he said he was modded but it was sometime back when they started I believe.

anti (super moderator) has been around pretty much since the beginning also, I believe she was modded sometime back then

sunny (current mod) has also been around since the beginning i believe, i'm not sure when modded though.

+ there's more

As to an actual 'list' of the first moderators etc you would have to ask one of the admin or original members as i'm pretty much stretching my memory to remember stuff i've been told...
Hi WW,
I was "modded" in Dec 2002 (yeah long time ago), and the site (as we know it) started about 6 July 2002. It's almost the 6 year anniversary

boris

Banned
HSC
technically, you guys may have 'created' the site, but really we made it.

so you know. due credit here plz

boris

Banned
HSC
JFK said:
Hey look it's the guy who never went gold.
more like it's the guy with less reputation than mark mooks.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
I was always bitter about that rep

you bastards!

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
haha i remember about that rep count thing until people started abusing the system

boris

Banned
HSC
wrong_turn said:
haha i remember about that rep count thing until people started abusing the system
No such thing occured.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
i think users should try and find the threads regarding repping.

because i remember the you rep me and i rep you idea.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)