Who thinks the bOard of studies planning of exams stink with the amount we get (1 Viewer)

Andredj

HSC
hey,

I was wondering if anyone else was in my boat. I have 4 exams within the space of 3 days with no rest, extension 2 , modern, econ, extesnion 1 and it would have been 5 exams in 4 days if I didnt drop IPT. I think it sucks, and that Board of Studies, should do something although not sure what

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
Andrey.Debak said:
hey,

I was wondering if anyone else was in my boat. I have 4 exams within the space of 3 days with no rest, extension 2 , modern, econ, extesnion 1 and it would have been 5 exams in 4 days if I didnt drop IPT. I think it sucks, and that Board of Studies, should do something although not sure what
Heaps of people are in the same position

Really, what do you expect them to do?

HSC
Biology + Legal are the 4th and 12th most popular subjects respectively, yet the Board decides it'll be fun to cram both those exams in one day.

...oh and General Maths the day before :pain:

Miffstaa

HSC
Andrey.Debak said:
hey,

when my sister did the HSC she had the same deal and she hated it as well.
Some friends at my school had it even worse: 6 exams in three days but at least they finish next week.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Hm, from what ive heard everyone who does science and math based subjects or extensions, have shitty exam time tables, yet all those who take humanities and creatives have pretty good ones (this is just from what ive seen, could be wrong)

..... so...... maybe, the BoS is making up for the creative and humanities subjects shithouse scaling by giving them better timetables, lol

Miffstaa

HSC
kevinx2 said:
How'd she go?
As in uai? She got 94 and her subjects we're either band 6 or 5 and there was one band 4.
But she had this weird ass thing where she would never get stressed but instead watch tv where my parents tried to plead with her to at least study a tad bit. I think its bullshit.

Cerry

HSC
There's not really much that they can do about it, because no matter how they set the exams up, there's always going to be people with shitty timetables. You gotta remember, they're catering for tens of thousands of students, and a lot of them do different combinations of subjects. They probably have enough trouble scheduling things so that people aren't supposed to be in two exams at once, let alone making sure people don't have all their exams in one chunk.
The only way I can think of getting around it would be having Advanced English one day, Standard the next (although AOS would have to be the same day, because it's the same paper), Maths on day, General maths the next, etc.
The only thing is, you run out of subjects you can do that with pretty quickly, and there will still be people who get crappy time tables.
(oh dear god, I think I may have just defended the BOS...please, shoot me)

syriangabsta

HSC
N/A
want2bdifferent said:
na mine is pretty sweet
yeah i got non in a row...everything is spread by at least a weekend..except phys and chem, but they're not too bad, coz i have a whole week b4 them

Hollieee

You're unbelievable.
HSC
The first 2 or so weeks of my exams are awesome, but the last week is 2 sciences and PDHPE in 4 days. So thats a little bit shitty, but not as bad as some I suppose =)

tau281290

HSC
I got 4 exams in a roll too, Bio + Maths 2U + Econ + maths 3U...pretty common and asian subject selection.

And my Chem is 6 days after 3U...so haven't touched it at all except 1 past paper...>.>

Im so over the HSC...so bored.

QuLiT

HSC
i have english first week, both maths second week chem and physics third week:) awesome

SUSYKINS

HSC
kevinx2 said:
Biology + Legal are the 4th and 12th most popular subjects respectively, yet the Board decides it'll be fun to cram both those exams in one day.
i agree what the hell D:

Monika D

HSC
i have 4 exams in the first 3 days but i dont care cause none of them are physics haha if i had no time for physics i would be hysterical

123delirious

HSC
kevinx2 said:

...oh and General Maths the day before :pain:
Can you tell me where you get those statistics? Thanks =)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)