Who will be starting med March 1 2004? (1 Viewer)

+:: $i[Q]u3 ::+

Jaded Member
HSC
yeah right chudymaster ^^* pfft.. let's see who'll cane sorry ass...

for those asking about interviews...
i thought it was really odd... after feeling convinced i'd bombed out of newsouth and monash, and having received offers to both... lemme explain...

@unsw
interviewer: you seem to have mentioned the word "trust" twice. do you think there is a particular reason for that?
yewon: breaks out into an irrelevent recount of a recent tiff between parents and a boy friend.

@monash
interviewer: so, do u know of any research projects that may involve the need for a mode of communication between the funder and the public?
yewon: (quite firmly) No.
--dead silence--

*meh* ^^

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
I ditched my Monash interview. Ddn't even have the heart to call in and cancel, my UAI was that bad.

Skywalker

HSC
N/A
I forgot to mention, a short interview =/= bad interview.

CHUDYMASTER

Master of Chudy 'n' Curry
HSC
true - my UNCLE interview only lasted 30 min - most lasted 40-50 min apparently.

scandal

HSC
Originally posted by Fosweb

I came out the interview feeling 'weird', and thats about the only way to put it. I had a Co-op interview, and thought that went really well because the interviewers responded in that one.
In the med interview, they basically just sat there, with little face expression. It's also a fairly long interview, about 45-50 mins.
Really, I think the best way to prepare for it would be to simply talk to your parents for a while. [/B]
I totally agree - i came out thinking for sure i was not in - the interviewers made little attempt to make me feel comfortable by smiling or anything even though it was supposed to be "a general chat". They just wrote down everything i said and then i would think ahhhh should not have said that lol

AK Gumbi

Not a M-O-Derator
HSC
Originally posted by scandal
They just wrote down everything i said and then i would think ahhhh should not have said that lol
R u serious...every single word u said!!?? My interviewers jus wrote down a couple words for each of my answers...:confused:

Jaded Member
HSC
i couldn't even see my interviewer's faces half the time.. they were too busy scribbling away....

inasero

Reborn
HSC
@unsw
interviewer: you seem to have mentioned the word "trust" twice. do you think there is a particular reason for that?
yewon: breaks out into an irrelevent recount of a recent tiff between parents and a boy friend.
hmm would that happen to be me by any chance? cos I kinda find myself in a similar situation sometimes ^^; damn asian parents

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
oOooOOOooOOOOo
who's the boy friend?
hehe probably the most inappropriate place to ask.

scandal

HSC
Originally posted by +:: $i[Q]u3 ::+
@unsw

No way - we must have had the same interviewers seriously cause i got:

interviewer: you seem to have mentioned the word "leadership" a lot, is there a particular reason for that - did this affect your choce to study medicine?"

Skywalker

HSC
N/A
Mine asked about "respect"....it must be something they ask everybody

inasero

Reborn
HSC
well easy- u probably got different interviewers :)
after all, they're not robots so they're not going to ask exactly the same questions

Weisy

the evenstar
HSC
Hey guys,

If you got into UNSW medicine, I'll be at the prep day on the 26th, hopefully. It'll be great to meet all of you.

ruella

i got into unsw med w/a uai of 98.45, which i was pretty shocked about - i'd heard that if you didn't get 99+ there was no way you'd get in. however, i thought my interview went really well, and my interviewers were really friendly and responsive, and i also did quite well on my umat.
hmmm, if you're still reading this thread, i didn't bother w/any umat courses, cuz i thought they were bullshit. the only advice i can give you is for the 2nd section - never be judgemental, and always be concerned, and voice any concerns you might have. that's what i did, and i got into the 100th percentile ~shrugs~, go figure. good luck for next year

Last edited:

Not A Carrot

I have to agree- I think the UMAT prep courses are overpriced and unnecessary. Of course, they probably do help to improve your score, but you certainly don't *need* to do one to get in :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)