whos getting makeup done for the grad? (1 Viewer)

=slade=

HSC
who is getting thier makepup done professionally for the grad? whats is look like?

i would like to, but don't know about $$ !!

has/is anyone doing their own? how are you doing it?

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
i am the best person i know at doing my own makeup, and i have spent too much money on it throughout the years not to do it myself. so no, im not getting it done.

you can get it dont at myer and it costs $30-40 but its redeemable with makeup purchase.

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
i'm doing my own.. i cant afford to get it done by anyone else and i cant be bothered, so ill just do it myself

ive heard bad bad stories about people getting it done by professionals, like putting silver/white eyeshadow right up until the eyebrow and down around the eyes.. ugh it freaks me out.. so im sure ill be fine doing it myself :)

kristylee_

HSC
N/A
im getting my make up done, the lady thats doing it has doneit for me before and she did a fantastic job... im just too much of a retard to do it myself, the only makeup i can apply is foundation and mascara hahaha

and as for hair im just doing that myself, its easy

PaleReflection

i can teach you
HSC
I'm getting my hair cut and styled on the day at a salon but I'm going to do my own makeup. The girls who had their makeup done professionally at the yr 10 formal looked pretty, but boring and traditional.

MAC all the way :D Def. worth the money.

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
My best friend's a makeup artist and shes sooo good- she came first in this Makeup festival and everything, so im going to get her to do my makeup. And im going to get my hair professionally dyed, cut and styled. I have no idea when though.

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
m aunty did it for my sister's yr 10 formal or something
she looked wierd though cause she never wears makeup

i told her she looked much worse with it on...probly not the best thing to say to a girl

froggy_chik87

HSC
im gettin make-up and hair done...the only reason being is because i don't have the right colour product...and if i'm going to purchase it...i may aswell get them to do it for me!! hair i'm just completely retarted at....so would rather someone do mine for me!!

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
i dont know what to do. im thinking of maybe doing my own makeup. but i like the fun of having someone else do it. and my hair. i want to curl it. and i can curl my hair fine. but... again... i think at a hairdressers they can make the curls glossier, and less flyaway-y

FreakTrigger

HSC
N/A
miss_gtr said:
haha......thats a real rofl.
No, I'm not joking - the hsc has turned me into a bum.

I haven't even cut my hair this year.

The situation with not shaving got so bad that i've been forced to repeatedly grow and shave off a beard.

if I made it an act of creativity, it was ok, otherwise it was just another ten minutes id rather have to myself.

Hence, for the formal, I'll redye my hair in a new colour, have a proper shave with a neatly defined beard.

Fuck it, I might go to town and use deodorant.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
my beautician gave me a $100 voucher for my birthday that i still haven't used so i'm going to use that towards hair and makeup for the formal. i think i'm going to bring mostly my own makeup tho cos i've spent a lot of money on it recently and that way i'll be comfortable reapplying stuff or doing touchups etc.

i cant wait :) i also have a facial scheduled for abt 3 days beforehand cos my mate gave me a voucher for my birthday

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
glycerine said:
my beautician gave me a $100 voucher for my birthday that i still haven't used so i'm going to use that towards hair and makeup for the formal. i think i'm going to bring mostly my own makeup tho cos i've spent a lot of money on it recently and that way i'll be comfortable reapplying stuff or doing touchups etc.

i cant wait :) i also have a facial scheduled for abt 3 days beforehand cos my mate gave me a voucher for my birthday
ooh be careful with facials especially extraction facials or peels as they take time to heal. id make it more than 3 days before. im doing the same thing by the way, having a facial a week earlier. that way i can probable go without heavy foundation, which makes me so much more comfortable.

thats a very good idea re: bringing your own makeup, i would have never thought of that as i always do my own.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
yeah, mine's just an "anti-stress" facial at jurlique so it's pretty tame
also i'm working so much since i finished exams i kind of have to find time for stuff when i can

i had them do my makeup last year and i let them use their makeup which was stupid because i couldn't fix it up

are you getting yours done?

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
glycerine said:
are you getting yours done?
no im not getting it done, because i have spent a lot of money on good quality makeup and i am pretty good at doing it myself. i think ill be going through magazines and looking for ideas though.

i am going to follow your lead and get a facial done though, a week or so earlier, because i just love the feeling of clear skin and lighter coverage.

are you going to the jurlique in the city? i LOVE that place. its like a haven.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)