Who's going to orientation? (1 Viewer)

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
lol at kingswood we saw a sign saying you can get a haircut by the UWS hairdresser for $17.

yeah i went on the library tour aswell. during that 20 mins was the only time i actually learnt stuff. didn't know anything about the library. the stupid 1.5 hr lec just repeated everything we knew from our AAS.

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
hiphophorray123 said:
i went to orientation at bankstown it was boring and most people kept to themselves i didnt make any friends oh no its like the first day of primary :( I went on the library tour but i didn't get much out of it
hm makes me wonder if i shud bother going tomorrow
i might as well geta feel of the place and find out where my rooms are and just practice training it and bussing it there

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
Dumdida said:
what orientations are on tomorrow? is that for late round ppl?
orientation is for all rounds. started on weds - this fri.
tomorrow is arts, design (vis. comm), industrial arts, and a couple others. i think everyone's was mostly today.

spark

Bah laziness. =P

I can tell my first day at Parra will be a real adventure, I haven't even seen the campus yet. >_<

mattyg87

HSC
lol everyone in my lecture thingy was restless, and they were wondering how they will survive those 3 hr lectures..yeah it was pretty good at orientation, theres a good atmosphere but theres alot of walking!

GirlGoneMad

Kitten Kong
HSC
Orientation was ok. I learnt quite a bit from the lecture. Heaps of different ppl talked. I found a friend in my course too, from high school and I collected some of my booklets. I'm excited about starting now.

ally15

Beep.
HSC
Hey all Hawkesbury ppl! i missed the orientation and im freaking out! For all those who went to the tourism session,(1st yr) was there anything important or that we need for the first lecture? When is the first lecture...monday or tuesday?? AND could i possibly got to Hawkesbury 2morow (friday) just to have a look around?

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Ally, judging by many peoples replies on the orientation it wasn't that exciting, and i doubt you missed much, especially if you went to AAS. If you have any questions, you could always post them up and I can see what I can do to help. Btw, I think you guys have a lecture on monday - tourism systems? i think, cause I have a friend who is doing that cause he failed last year. You could go to Hawkesbury tomorrow and have a look around, if its not too far to travel. But its not that exciting, a few cows and an oval :p

ally15

Beep.
HSC
thanks cape. Do we have to register for the tutorials? oh and btw..whats a tutorial?
i went on the platform web thing and it said that i cant register online.
AND when we're looking up our timetables do we go by the order of the units that i have enrolled in? eg the first thing on the enrolled list in tourism systems so do i look up that in the timetable? so confused.....

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
i went on Wednesday, and it wasnt that helpful, except for the library and if u needed to change stuff with ur subject at student centre, cause their were heaps of ppl waiting in line and the ID machine was broken

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Most tourism tutorials you don't need to register for. You will be divided depending what course you do, as is the case for tourism systems. Your exact timetable will be found on pweb; where tutorial registration is. They are enrolled in no particular order, so have a look what days and times that are. A tutorial is where you discuss the previous weeks lecture or you may have readings based from this weeks lecture - tourism systems. Last year, I was required each week to submit a one page response to a question with some readings which were based on the lecture of that week.

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
i went today
im so lame
got there at 4.30
by that stage everything was over
have to go again tomorrow
oh wellz
such is life
i hope its helpful coz i am sick of public transport
i caught 4 busses and 6 trains 2day..been out of the house for 15 hours on 5 hours sleep
goodnight

ally15

Beep.
HSC
4 buses and 6 trains?? Where do u live??? and which campus were u trying to get to?
i thought i had it tough...i have to catch a bus to hurstville then train to redfern and then change lines to richmond.

HSC
in my lecture my foot went completely dead and i spent like 10 minutes hitting it and the girl next to me gave me a look like 'wtf is wrong with that guy' it still didn't get any better and when i got up i nearly fell over :S

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
hiphophorray123 said:
in my lecture my foot went completely dead and i spent like 10 minutes hitting it and the girl next to me gave me a look like 'wtf is wrong with that guy' it still didn't get any better and when i got up i nearly fell over :S
I remembered when I first started uni my feet kept going numb. It was really annoying. However, now, I tend not to wear shoes in lectures, cause i just wear thongs to uni.

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
ally15 said:
4 buses and 6 trains?? Where do u live??? and which campus were u trying to get to?
i thought i had it tough...i have to catch a bus to hurstville then train to redfern and then change lines to richmond.
a bus to paramatta...a train to punchbowl and i had to change at redfern and wait half an hour
that was to get to my college
then a train to bankstown from punchbowl
and a bus to uws...a bus back to bankstown
then a train from bankstown back to paramatta...had to change at lidcombe
thne got to paramatta and caught a bus home
i live in baulkham hills and have to go to punchbowl and milperra in the same day

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)