wht is da best diet u tried (1 Viewer)

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
ummm wat aims tho?

mine were control weight, cholesterol and blood pressure

-low carbs but high fibre.. so if i have anything its fruit and vegs.. vegs are nice cos they dun have so much sugars vs the fruit.. can have somethings lik chocolate, ice creams and sweets but limited
-sodium controlled.. but enough potassium for the blood pressure
-umm lean meat.. im about 50-250g max a day.. enough for a steak :D prefer fish and chicken tho
-im addicted to caffeine :) so i have tea no sugar.. and if i really want.. i can have max 1.5 serving of coke or coffee a day... damn places lik gloria jeans have lik more sugar than coke.. or just a coke zero mixed with normal coke.. lolz
no caffeinated drinks 6 hrs prior to sleep otherwise i drink green tea if i want to.
-plenty of water.. cos well if im not thirsty then i wont drink other stuff
-sterol margarine.. limit on the amount of oil in cooking..
-sleep and meditation.. about sleep 8 hrs.. and meditation time.. this one about 30 mins a day.. all sound off.. sit in the park.. and stop thinking :)
-exercise.. walk or run about 4-6km heart rate about 50%-70% of maximum HR.. i have a pedometer for this..
-smaller plates.. and less serves
-regular meals.. stops the stomach from getting too large.. its the principle behind lap banding of the gut.. eat slowly
-write down worries in planner.. and helps de-stress

i still take supplements.. beroca performance atm.. snack on a banana.. sugar free gum

umm cut down alcohol..1 beer or red wine a day.. 5 max a week.. and limit smoking.. especially pot.. both are horrible for weight..

been on and off for about 2-3 months.. only cos of xmas and new yrs.. and change in work times and family problems.. but good change in weight.. easy to maintain.. no wasting of muscles.. lowered the blood pressure.. feeling more energised

HSC
You know there is this drug (can't remember the name) for cancer patients (its not on the market yet) that allows the user to loose up too 2.4kg a day.

They are testing it, to see the side effects if you don't have cancer... So obesity can be fought without exercise and eating healthy!!!

Try http://www.faddiet.com - It puts alot of the diets down, but marjority work.

azzie

so delicious...
HSC
heres my rules:
no eating after 7
cut out sugar including all kinds of chocolate, cake, full strength fizzy drinks, lollies and that kinda stuff.
dont eat white carbs like white rice, white bread and all that kinda stuff.
eat only fruits that are neg cal (like strawberries, apples etc) and eat all the veg you can
stay away from foods cooked in oil, fat or butter, but make sure you have plenty of proteins (eg meat, eggs) though make sure they're made on a grill.

EXERCISE. at least an hour a day.

minushuman

tafe pride
HSC
Why wouldn't you eat after 7pm? You should be eating dairy products just before bed instead of during the day.

azzie

so delicious...
HSC
minushuman said:
Why wouldn't you eat after 7pm? You should be eating dairy products just before bed instead of during the day.
when you eat after 7, your body doesnt get enough time to fully burn those calories you've eaten. so it turns into fat.
its a general rule though that you should eat more in the beginning/middle of the day rather than at night. after all, there arent many fat european chicks.

minushuman

tafe pride
HSC
You're meant to eat diary products after seven to slow your matabolism down so it continues working all through the night, thus burning the peak amount of calories during your sleep.

What's the connection with European chicks? Do all European chicks sow their mouths shut at 7pm each night or something?

I'm sure if they new what was good for them then they too would eat/drink before bed.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
azzie said:
when you eat after 7, your body doesnt get enough time to fully burn those calories you've eaten. so it turns into fat.
its a general rule though that you should eat more in the beginning/middle of the day rather than at night. after all, there arent many fat european chicks.
Sleeping burns energy faster than being awake.

That's why you can go to bed feeling reasonably full and wake up starving. Of course it's not a good idea to eat right before bed (not because of obesity, but digestion issues) but snacking or drinking milk is fine, if not better.

azzie

so delicious...
HSC
minushuman said:
You're meant to eat diary products after seven to slow your matabolism down so it continues working all through the night, thus burning the peak amount of calories during your sleep.

What's the connection with European chicks? Do all European chicks sow their mouths shut at 7pm each night or something?

I'm sure if they new what was good for them then they too would eat/drink before bed.
hey chill out. that last part was a joke, you know the book "French Women Don't Get Fat"?
and in europe, you eat the biggest meal of the day at 12.30 or 1pm, and you usually have like some bread and cheese for dinner, nothing else.

the idea that sleeping burns more energy than being awake isnt true. if i wake at 7am, go out for a walk and then go to work for 5 hours, get home, go to a dance class and come home, watch some telly and go to bed, thats a lot more energy than sleeping. seriously. you burn energy when you're asleep but not as much as when you're awake. we learnt that in year 8 PDHPE

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
You don't think that it has anything to do with, say, going to bed at 11 and waking up at 7, and .'. not eating for 8 hours...when in your waking hours, you eat every 3-4 hours?

HSC
Diets are counter-productive. Use your common sense - don't eat junk, drink a lot of water, eat a decent breakfast and exercise. Cut out things like butter on toast, peanut butter, energy bars, drinks full of sugar and chemicals and whatnot, etc. Wholegrain bread with ham or a thick smoothie with fruit and yoghurt is filling if you're hungry.

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
ive done every diet on the planet, and the only one that has worked permanently is exercise and eating healthily

W

whsmith

Whole - Fresh - Raw

Thats the basic Premise of my 'diet'. When you follow that rule its almost impossible to eat sugar and/or high carb.

- Do as minimal of cooking as possible [yes, cook meat - duh]
- If it comes in a packet; Don't eat it.
- Pay no attention to animal fat; eating fat does not equal putting on fat. Thats ooold science.
- Don't eat bread. That is definately not 'Whole, Fresh, Raw' [note: flour is one of the worst things ever to eat]
- Don't eat dairy. Its bloody hard to digest. There are plenty of articles - heres one i just googled [ http://www.formerfatguy.com/articles/dont-drink-milk.asp ]
- Limit fruit intake to 2-3 a day. Yeah, Fibre is good, But watch the sugar.
- Best salad = Spiniach [All forms: English, Baby leaf, etc], as it is a potent alkaline. And well, Lettuce, etc has practically no nutritional value what-so-ever.
- Meat is good. Don't limit oneself.
- Salt ain't good [in excess]
- Vegies - get a wide variety.

I eat ludicrous amounts of food, and i struggle to keep weight. Its literally a chore for me. If you stick to the above 'rules' [very easy to live by], you be a lean mean machine.

Extras:
- Exercise [Duh... Don't fool your self with only diet]
- Sleep [Get your beauty sleep, it does help]
- Water [i typically drink close to a gallon a day]

Actually, another way of describing the above is 'Paleo', or 'paleolithic', which is basically 'Eat how Humans, the animal, is supposed to eat' . What did we eat 100,000 years ago? What is different in our diets today [1) sugar] - is this why we a fat?

Also, with any diet - stick to it for at least a month [Unless something REALLY bad happens]. I hate people who try something for 1 week and 'crash' becuase they don't look like Penelope Cruz immediately. argh.

chloe169

finance yo
HSC
Emily. said:
no diet, just eating healthy and exercising
aurelia jejune said:
Diets are counter-productive. Use your common sense - don't eat junk, drink a lot of water, eat a decent breakfast and exercise. Cut out things like butter on toast, peanut butter, energy bars, drinks full of sugar and chemicals and whatnot, etc. Wholegrain bread with ham or a thick smoothie with fruit and yoghurt is filling if you're hungry.
Ranger Stacie said:
ive done every diet on the planet, and the only one that has worked permanently is exercise and eating healthily

end of discussion.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
whsmith said:
Actually, another way of describing the above is 'Paleo', or 'paleolithic', which is basically 'Eat how Humans, the animal, is supposed to eat' . What did we eat 100,000 years ago? What is different in our diets today [1) sugar] - is this why we a fat?
actualli our portions are larger.. we use less energy by not exercising and
we ate meat and vegs.. and grains... 100,000 yrs ago... they also did not live pass 40ish either..

sugar is not the only reason.. its been around white and processed for lik 400-500 yrs.. and we've been obese for the last 25 yrs..

new evidence perhaps its from an adenovirus as well

whsmith said:
Also, with any diet - stick to it for at least a month [Unless something REALLY bad happens]. I hate people who try something for 1 week and 'crash' becuase they don't look like Penelope Cruz immediately. argh.
Agree

-a-s-h-i-

HSC
azzie said:
its so ur body can digest what youve eaten..and i dont eat after 8, exercise for at least an hour, at least 5 times a week ((usually swimming or walking, depending on how hot it is and whether i can be bothered to get up in the morning for a walk when its cooler, and if not i swim in the afternoon, i also do general exercises, like squats, lunges, etc, and sit-ups))..i eat reasonablly healthy, but if i feel like a chocolate well ill eat one, but not loike a whole block or anything usually only one or two peices, or a milky way bcoz they only hav like 4 grams of fat or sumthing;)..LoL..i usually allow one day each week that i can just go crazy maccas for breakfast takeaway forlunch, and kfc for tea with numerous snacks like lollies..not that i could eat all that shit in one dAY, id feel way sick if i did.but yeah, im pretty leanient, if u want to loose weight my method probably isnt the best, coz i just maintain mine, although, i only weigh 50kilos. and honestly, im not worried about my weight i worry alot about how i look, i want more tone..more intensive exercise would help.

olchik

HSC
There was a time when I tried not to eat before going to bed, but it didn't last long:) I'm a weak person.

stalk_if_u_dare

cheese hater
HSC
+Po1ntDeXt3r+ said:
we ate meat and vegs.. and grains... 100,000 yrs ago... they also did not live pass 40ish either..
Also dont forget that the aids of technology has made a difference because we now dont do as much hard labour...hardy at all when u look at the common person back in 'the olden days'. :D

Pretty much during the dark ages..even before then, the common person worked themselves to death...& the lack of medical technology as well didnt help!

Im dieting now at the moment...eating healthy & walking the dog on a small bush track everyday...it worked last time..before i gained cos of the HSC!...DAMN YOU HSC!!!!!!

W

whsmith

+Po1ntDeXt3r+ said:

sugar is not the only reason.. its been around white and processed for lik 400-500 yrs.. and we've been obese for the last 25 yrs..
Point taken, anbd i agree. But i also recommend exercise, nothing works [well] without exercise.

Also, depending on your size - it doesn't matter if you eat large portions, i sure know i eat more compared to the average person, but i do enough work to keep it off. Portion size is based off your based of your capacity to use it, there is no 'set portion'. a 40 kg girl compared to a 100kg guy have very different calorie needs.
But i digress. Commonsense prevails here. as always.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+ said:
new evidence perhaps its from an adenovirus as well
Personally, I don't like people blaming 'viruses', or 'obesity plagues'. I see it as a cop-out. Its almost like people who down a bottle of coke and a pack of Dorittos, and say "Oh, i've tried everything - Nothing works!" *Munch Munch Munch*

Then again, i haven't done my research on the 'adenovirus'.
I admit ignorance on the subject.

Lots of sensible advice on this thread. Just put down the candybar, and throw away the Coke. Your half-way there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)