Why are atheists on this website always attacking Christianity? (2 Viewers)

Planck

Banned
HSC
N/A
given that i understand that evolution is just a theory and not take it too damn seriously and not proclaim that it is absolute truth, makes me better than you.

and i will never concede that iam wrong, especially to atheists.
Conceding that you're wrong is part of the Scientific method.

Does your church have a stance on gravitational theory?

If you want to test whether the concept is just a theory, by all means, I direct you to the nearest roof.

Don't try that laws shit on me, son.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
nope, not a disgrace.

i just know how to better differentiate between my scientific knowledge with with my religious beliefs. iam also able to better blend in / understand science with religion, as in the case with the the teachings of the church and evolution.

but since you are atheist kwayera, this is impossible for you to comprehend and thus also making you unable to understand me.

goodnight.
Bit of a oxymoron dont you think? Studying science even though you believe in a religious figurehead that supposedly created all life with just two apple eating people.

HSC
Bit of a oxymoron dont you think? Studying science even though you believe in a religious figurehead that supposedly created all life with just two apple eating people.
as i said before man, i believe in both the church's teachings and science in terms of creation. even the catholic church has accepted this.

i think you should have a read Vatican says evolution compatible with the Bible

The Catholic Church teaches "theistic evolution," a stand that accepts evolution as a scientific theory and sees no reason why God could not have used a natural evolutionary process in the forming of the human species.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Long story short though:

"God created Adam and Eve..some useless tripe..in his image....blah blah blah"

So unless your god looks like a Neanderthal, how is it compatible?

HSC
Oh lol, because religion has a lot of rational things to say about the scientific method and scientific definitions, right?

YOUR CHURCH HAS NO FUCKING IDEA WHAT IT IS TALKING ABOUT REGARDING EVOLUTION. For fuck's sake, you still think that "theory" means "hunch". Try letting that fly with any biology lecturer in your degree. Go on, I dare you.

And no. It's not impossible for me to comprehend. I probably know more about your religion than you do.
theres no point arguing with me kwayera. i have faith which requires no proof while your atheism needs proof to become logic.

everything in the universe cannot be explained absolutely, and even the proof that you present is questionable.

you probably know about the history of the church, etc etc. but faith inside the heart is what you are lacking, and until you come into terms with that, you will never understand the real truth no matter how much you try to understand the logic of life and the universe. because the real and absolute truth of everything can only be understood with faith in God.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
because the real and absolute truth of everything can only be understood with faith in God.
False, Hitch-hikers Guide to the Galaxy is the only way of understanding the absolute truth of everything.

HSC
Long story short though:

"God created Adam and Eve..some useless tripe..in his image....blah blah blah"

So unless your god looks like a Neanderthal, how is it compatible?
you need to read the article again.

what you said is simply idiotic and shows no common sense.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
The Catholic Church teaches "theistic evolution," a stand that accepts evolution as a scientific theory and sees no reason why God could not have used a natural evolutionary process in the forming of the human species.
You, however, don't concur with this as you don't accept the scientific definition of the word "theory".

theres no point arguing with me kwayera. i have faith which requires no proof while your atheism needs proof to become logic.
How and why? Atheism is a default negative position (i.e. there is no God). By definition, you can't prove a negative/absence.

As a science student you should know this.

everything in the universe cannot be explained absolutely, and even the proof that you present is questionable.

you probably know about the history of the church, etc etc. but faith inside the heart is what you are lacking, and until you come into terms with that, you will never understand the real truth no matter how much you try to understand the logic of life and the universe. because the real and absolute truth of everything can only be understood with faith in God.
Lol okay.

HSC
You, however, don't concur with this as you don't accept the scientific definition of the word "theory".

How and why? Atheism is a default negative position (i.e. there is no God). By definition, you can't prove a negative/absence.

As a science student you should know this.

Lol okay.
I concur with it because i do accept evolution as a theory. but its a theory which differs from your understanding of a theory. whatever the church's understanding of a theory, then i agree with that. end of story.

dont try and make it sound more complicated than it actually is. everything in atheism requires some sort of proof to become logic, acceptable and understandable for those that follow atheism. right? and because everything in the whole universe cant be absolutely explained by science, atheism in itself is questionable.

goodnight.

NCB619

I Am The Chorus
HSC
I concur with it because i do accept evolution as a theory. but its a theory which differs from your understanding of a theory. whatever the church's understanding of a theory, then i agree with that. end of story.

dont try and make it sound more complicated than it actually is. everything in atheism requires some sort of proof to become logic, acceptable and understandable for those that follow atheism. right? and because everything in the whole universe cant be absolutely explained by science, atheism in itself is questionable.

goodnight.
Hey, imagine if courtrooms didn't 'require some sort of proof to become logic'? That would be hilarious...in a way...until you get framed for something quite easily.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
And the Catholic church accepts the scientific definition of the word theory (which you don't?). However, if you're willing to put the Church over science in this case - why are you doing a science degree?!

Logic? Yes. Proof? No. Therefore your last statement is meaningless in this context.

Last edited:

sharp_pencil

HSC
Have you heard of this thing called islam?
dude the reason why we rip on you guys is cuz we don't go out there advertising our religion likes its some fucking business dick head. Its a faith and a way of attempting to interpreting the meaning of life dumb fuck not a business where you make money people ie Hill song Church full of American assholes.

HSC
N/A

goodnight.

You willinging admit your mind is the property of a cult, you follow it's commands 'end of story', the churches 'understanding' of evolution is beam'd down into your constipated little head , how hilariously serville...

Sorry to destroy your reality, but politcal, economic and scientific progress no longer depends on the nauseating 'holy permission' of senile cult leaders, no one cares what they, or their stupified followers think, your disqualified from the discussion, 'end of story'.

Ben1220

HSC
I'm sure they would go for other targets if they presented themselves, but mentions of athiests attacking religions made me think of this funny video I saw recently. Maybe this will explain to you to some extent why athiests think attacking religion is the right thing to do.

Richard Dawkins on militant atheism | Video on TED.com

"The President of the Royal Society has been vouchsafed a strong inner conviction that an asteroid killed the dinosaurs.

"It has been privately revealed to Professor Huxtain that an Asteroid killed the dinosaurs."

"Professor Hauldley was brought up to have total and unquestioning faith that an asteroid killed the dinosaurs."

bahahahahaha, classic

tazza09

HSC
I understand that Christianity is the dominant religion in Australia, but it is right also to acknowledge that Australia has a diversity in culture and faiths. For this reason i am bewildered as to WHY Christianity, moreso monotheistic faiths, are targeted? There are many other faiths out there atheists can target, like the immanent Buddhism and Hindu faiths, or perhaps atheists may decide to take a turn at questioning the "innovative" jediism faith emerging or the "Wiccan" faith (witches and stuff).

And i ask that you maintain your maturity in answering this question and not fire offensive remarks towards Christianity
sorry to say, but Christianity is probably not the most dominant religion in Australia, Islam is fast approaching
many people claim they are catholic, due to family tradition, but this actually means nothing
christians hav always been persecuted for their belief, even in the bible there is proof of this,
being a christian ovb. offendes people for some reason, but why?
does it make people uncomfortable? Why?
its more the fact that people are uncomforable with the fact thay maybe thet arent in controll :)

John McCain

Horse liberty
HSC
N/A
^ I agree, islam is probably the dominant religion in Australia.

Aardvark

HSC
I was raised a christian, so it makes sense that the religion I'm best able to "attack" is Christianity. Conversely, convert Muslims specialize in "attacking" Islam. I however am capable of sustaining a moderately in depth discussion with a Muslim, and a mildly in depth discussion with a Mormon, and still sort of get somewhere. Religions are more similar than they are different.

So assuming your assertion is true, it's not just on this site - its anywhere where majority of atheists are ex-christians.

EDIT: LOL
but since you are atheist...this is impossible for you to comprehend and thus also making you unable to understand me.
How does rejecting the proposition "god exists" make someone unable to comprehend or understand something or someone? Where is your logic now?

and i will never concede that iam wrong, especially to atheists.
Then you are a waste of mine and everybody's time, a narrow minded fool, not a scientist (I read apparently you are) as a scientist as defined as someone who uses the scientific method - a method which requires people admit their mistakes when they're made, and thus no-one should listen or even reply to you.

Unless of course you DO apply the scientific method to scientific endeavours...just not to things you can't deal with reconsidering, in which case you would be a real scientist.

Last edited:

sharp_pencil

HSC
"Do not mistake the unexplained with the divine." "If your only good because of religion how can you compare your integrity to someone who is good out of reason?"

John McCain

Horse liberty
HSC
N/A
dude the reason why we rip on you guys is cuz we don't go out there advertising our religion likes its some fucking business dick head. Its a faith and a way of attempting to interpreting the meaning of life dumb fuck not a business where you make money people ie Hill song Church full of American assholes.
Why did you quote me when you made this post?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)