• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

why are cut offs decreasing? (1 Viewer)

BackCountrySnow

HSC
The cut off for most courses at MQ has been decreasing since 2005 (the oldest i can find). So does anyone know the reason to this?

Is it an increase in supply where the uni offers more seats to courses?

or

Is there a decrease in demand (or the quality of demand) from HSC students?

(or both?)

thanks.

X

xeuyrawp

Both, I'd say.

However, that being said, 2005 had a spike in some things - a BA was something like 85.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
From what I've heard, the unis are looking to a dramatic reduction in the numbers from High School and looking more to an ageing/mature age one. (At least from the murmurs of MQ).

Having said that, over the past few years, we've had more places opened up, but the spike should be evening out now.

Having said that, *chuckles* MQ is going through a major restructure, and a few degrees will disappear, and so yeah.

HSC
N/A
I'm very curious as to what the uni is planning to be doing. I know they've been having a lot of talks. I just hope that they're good ones, and that we'll find out about everything very soon.

jahuli

Detective Chief Inspector
HSC
Cut-offs?

Last edited:

Studentleader

HSC
N/A
Personally, coming from WA it's the prosperity of tradeys earning like $50-100k outta school.

williamc

HSC
Studentleader said:
Personally, coming from WA it's the prosperity of tradeys earning like $50-100k outta school.
plz tell me where i can earn 2k a week as a first year apprentice.

fuck uni.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Azamakumar said:
Studentleader
This message is hidden because Studentleader is on your ignore list.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
jb_nc said:
Studentleader
This message is hidden because Studentleader is on your ignore list.
It's a toss up between getting lulz from reading his post, or unintentionally harming myself out of rage from reading his post.

X

xeuyrawp

williamc said:
plz tell me where i can earn 2k a week as a first year apprentice.

fuck uni.
I think that's a bit ambitious, to be honest. However, one of my friends is a 2nd year hairdressing apprentice, and he's moving onto a $1900/w job in the middle of the year.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
PwarYuex said:
I think that's a bit ambitious, to be honest. However, one of my friends is a 2nd year hairdressing apprentice, and he's moving onto a $1900/w job in the middle of the year.
wwwwwwwwwat

Studentleader

HSC
N/A
PwarYuex said:
$90k a year in the middle of fuck knows as a cleaner

Studentleader

HSC
N/A
BackCountrySnow said:
...............are you sure??
Have to trust my old society and enviroment teacher, but yeah it's probally right.

Some kids were gonna do it so they could pay off their hecs, teacher reckons they'd give up after 2 weeks because the conditions are hard.

X

xeuyrawp

Azamakumar said:
wwwwwwwwwat
Do you realise how much people are willing to pay for a decent haircut, style, colour, etc? If you work somewhere even on the low end of 'decent', you've got customers who will only see you, entire bridal parties who are paying hundreds and hundreds of dollars each, TV/film where you can work outside of your shifts, etc etc.

Being a decent hairdresser at a decent place makes you rather wealthy. But like most well-paying things, you have to work hard.

ippie

HSC
fuck why don't we all become hairdressers?

I never knew a trade can get you 90k. I always thought 90k = managerial corporate job.

shit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)