• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Why did you choose your degree / uni (1 Viewer)

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
If you haven't been to Newcastle, don't comment or judge us.

HerO

Banned
69 Penis Avenue, Dickton Pussyville 6969.
HSC
natstar said:
Ive been to both Mac and UNCLE. UNCLE is so mych more nicer.
Hey Nat, I wonder if that is ur true observations of merely to flame Mac Uni.

Yet again u have ignored ur previous posts about UWS providing the only marketing degree because u have obviously stated a wrong fact and it only serves 2 show ur incompetency 2 do ur research beforehand.

It's rather becoming repetitive it seems as u really need to base ur judgement/argument on facts rather than a blind assumption. ;)

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
LazyBoy said:
do pictures and the word of good friends count?
In a word, no.

For example, the only uni's I can comment on the aesthetics of are UTS, UNSW, and USYD. Apart from that, I can't say that Mac is more attractive then UWS or something because I have been to neither, despite friends telling me about them.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
HerO said:
Yet again u have ignored ur previous posts about UWS providing the only marketing degree because u have obviously stated a wrong fact and it only serves 2 show ur incompetency 2 do ur research beforehand.
If you actually read her post - you'd realise that she said that she didn't want to do anything along the lines of commerce or business - instead she wants to do tourism and hospitality - which you can do at UWS.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Gee, page two and it's already become personal.

I have in fact been to Macquarie, several times. I have also been to Newcastle, and obviously the big 3 in Sydney. The only campus I haven't been to is UWS, but you'll notice I haven't commented on the campus (or indeed any other aspect of the university).

LazyBoy

HSC
Although i havnt experienced many of the campus's i am willing to share what i have been told by people who go to various universities and live in different areas. I dont present them as fact, i present that as what ive heard. Which yes is hearsay, but we arnt in court so yeah :p

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
Well i have wanted to become a teacher for quite some time so B Ed seemed to be the way to go.. and B Ed Primary is only offered @ USYD, ACU and UTS so they were my top few prefs.
My top preference was at USYD because im not too phased about teaching in a public or catholic school.. and i have always wanted to go to a big university with thousands of others and be able to go into the city every day, as well as being able to choose electives.
Unfortunately i missed out on USYD by .3 in the main round and .05 in the late round, so i got an offer into B Ed Primary @ ACU. I put that second because one of my close friends was going there and id have the abilty to drive there everyday.
Im also doing a CertLang (Croatian) at MQ basically because no other uni offers it.

happy cup

has left BOS :)
HSC
N/A
These threads always start trouble :p But it's interesting to read.

Anyways, I decided on Nursing because that's the only thing I wanted to do or could imagine ever doing. I was actually planning to go to UWS but I suprisingly got offered a place at UTS. I've been told by many people who are nurses, that UTS has the best Nursing degree in NSW. Also, I want to go overseas for a few years and work as a nurse. I don't mean this to offend anyone but UTS is more internationally recognised then UWS, which is one of the main reasons I chose it even though it's inconvenient for me to go there.

Last edited:

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
I chose Commerce at UNSW as I've been interested in a career in business since about Year 10. I chose UNSW primarily because of its reputation as a strong business school, and the quality of its degree (resources, teaching etc)

By the way, if people cannot control themselves in this forum and feel the need to make personal attacks, or attacks on uni's they haven't attended, I'll start banning people instead of closing threads.

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
^with that said..

I'm doing Social Science majoring in Psychology @ UWS because:
1) UWS was always my 1st choice uni. It's nearby and easy to drive to, no traffic problems, etc. I'm not one for long ass travelling on public transport, as i would NOT drive to the city and back on a daily basis.
2) my UAI wasn't high enough to get into my 1st pref, Communication. i've always wanted to be a journalist since year 3... but psychology comes at a close 2nd (since year 10). will stick it out for awhile to see if i like it, if not, i'll transfer to comm, if i do.. then i'll stay :D

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
hipsta_jess said:
and yet again, the USYD snobbery comes out.
I tend to agree with lazyboy, here i thought the best medicine, science uni was Usyd

jellybeenz

HSC
I chose Arts at USyd because I honestly have no idea what to do with my life, so I chose a course that provided me with subjects I enjoy and am interested in. I chose USyd because I like grass, sandstone and short train trips.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)