Why did you initially sign up for Extension 2? (1 Viewer)

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
For me, initially, I just went, what the heck, I signed up for Extension 2 maths, why not Extension 2 English?

Some teachers thought it was ridiculous for me to do 14 units (duh, it's only 1 unit more than 13 units, which they think it's okay)

and I signed up for Extension 2 English to prove them wrong!

My ex-English tutor thought that I would fail hopelessly (she was a horrible b*tch) in Extension 2 just because HER students failed in it. I fired her and convinced that I AM capable of doing extension 2 and I prove her wrong! In fact, by getting rid of her, I did BETTER in Advanced English.

I signed up because I was inspired by previous students' work. I want to inspire others, too!

and lastly, I signed up because I believe Extension courses are cool. It makes me feel smart :)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
cos i lved the freedom..the ability to create something by myself

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I wanted to do it, I love to write. Also, I wanted to drop chemistry but not have only 10 units.... guess what I'm still doing chemistry lol.

But yeah, I mainly picked it because it seemed really flexible and I like writing!

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
I picked it cos the head teacher talked me into it and convinced me I would get top marks and it would push my UAI up so I agreed to it..........someone pass me an axe..........

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
I signed up because I thought it would be an interesting unit, and because it's good for UAI scaling.

I'm still glad I chose it. :p

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
I wanted the scaling... and I thought it'd be interesting

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
Originally posted by braindrainedAsh
I wanted to do it, I love to write. Also, I wanted to drop chemistry but not have only 10 units.... guess what I'm still doing chemistry lol.

But yeah, I mainly picked it because it seemed really flexible and I like writing!
OMG! I wanted to drop chemistry too!! Even my English teachers know about how badly i hated it. and guess what, I am still putting up with it too :)

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Haha my english teacher knew as well, I think all my teachers knew (probably even my chem teacher lol)..... so you did 14 units for yr 12? Woah! 13 was plenty for me!!

malayz_angel

I didn't choose Extension Two for the scaling, I chose it because I love English (well I'm not that keen on 2 unit anymore cos of my new teacher) and I love writing. And I don't regret my choice. Even rushing a major work in one night was worth it to hold 31 printed pages the next day

Leanne

HSC
yeah gloria* - as if ur not smart! look at me..lol!

I've always loved writing and English and i wanted the challenge...my friend did it last yr and gor 46/50..i wanted to be like her!

AND- i needed a 'hard' subject among my creative ones!

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
Originally posted by braindrainedAsh
Haha my english teacher knew as well, I think all my teachers knew (probably even my chem teacher lol)..... so you did 14 units for yr 12? Woah! 13 was plenty for me!!
when you consider the fact that one unit would be gotten rid of (and had) before the HSC exams, 2 units of French are like leisure study, I really have 11 units left. and I don't really care about Extension 1 english (okay, i do care, but not that much, I only panick before an assessment)

so I really only have 10 units

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
hehe yeah i also intitally joined 4u to get more free periods .. :p

but afterwards i began to spend the most time on 4u english out of all my subjects and i even wanted to do sriptwriting in uni for awhile

lizzy1004

HSC
free periods? goshh hehehe i prefer english over maths anyday... i loved how u were given a year to explore and reaserch interests and write it down to paper for all to know

Giant Lobster

HSC
4u math = scaling
4u english = auxiliary scaling
both = guaranteed uberscaling :D thats if i survive.

Saul

*ss
HSC
is true that together they're scaled like a bitch, but don't do 4 english unless you really can do a fantastic piece, and only do 4 math if you're good at math without studying. Don't worry about surviving tho, i haven't done my homework for 4 math for the last 3 months, and didn't put huge amounts of time into the 4 english. Am doing quite well in both too.

Saul

*ss
HSC
don't be idealistic either, be practical, pick subjects for the scaling!

lemonade

Coffs Harbour, but will soon be in Brisbane
I didn' t pick any of my subjects for scaling.

I chose English Ext 2 cause english is my thing :D and i thought 'hey cool, all i have to do for this one unit is write a story... i love writing stories!' They didn't tell me about all the hard work until I was well and truly under the English Ext 2 spell... ;) and then it was too late...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)