Why did you initially sign up for Extension 2? (1 Viewer)

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I do 4U English, 3U Maths, Bio, Chem and Modern History, so I have a bit of everything! Frankly, I think that the workload and difficulty of all the subjects are pretty much even!! I wouldn't say the artsy ones are harder or easier than the sciences. I reckon it's pretty equal all around. The subject I have done the most work for is 3U maths, because it's not really my thing as such. However I think the sciences and the humanities have a fairly equal sort of workload.

Saul

*ss
HSC
i do 4 unit math, 4 unit engilsh, phys and chem, and by far far far, the subject with the most work is 2 unit english

Leanne

HSC
i think i've had the most work for community and family studies (so much is involved...not ALL common knowledge!) and modern history (pretty much because i've had to teach myself...stupid teacher...)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Saul
i find it amusing how both sides are so prejudice. You got the math nerds saying anything which isn't logical is a bludge, and you got you guys saying that everything logical is shit.

To have a well rounded education, i think we need both.
I WAS BEING EDUCATED ????

eeep so thats where it all went wrong :S

Saul

*ss
HSC
stop being so cynical. you learnt alot at school and you know it.

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
Originally posted by Giant Lobster
i am guilty of choosing ext2 english purely for the scaling. i hate english. i hate it with a passion. but im greedy and im not doing too shabby in english, so thats why i chose it. if it gets too hard and i suffer as a result, in principle it serves me right. :)

and for the record, yes, everything which isn't logical is a bludge :p
you're a total moron, no offence - actually no, offence is totally intended here- but you will get the mark you deserve.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Saul
stop being so cynical. you learnt alot at school and you know it.

i wasnt being cynical!

it was called sarcasm...thus the little :S face at the end ;D

Giant Lobster

HSC
Originally posted by spin spin sugar
you're a total moron, no offence - actually no, offence is totally intended here- but you will get the mark you deserve.
hehe fine be offensive. but im not offended. i was just making a point about ppl like me who choose subs for the scaling, that we are perfectly aware (id like to think) of the consequences of failing; that if we get a shabby mark, despite the awesome scaling, we have no-one to blame other than ourselves for being greedy / overestimating our own ability. gee that was a mouthful. :)

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
Originally posted by Giant Lobster
and for the record, yes, everything which isn't logical is a bludge :p
i hope to god that you are joking cos if not i'll e-punch you or something :p

cos i'm doing a creative course in uni and fuck me it's difficult, the amount of stress i go through for my designs

don't get me wrong, i respect the 'logical' people too, i just get pissed off when some of them think that people who don't think the same way as them are bludgy etc

Leanne

HSC
Originally posted by johnson
don't get me wrong, i respect the 'logical' people too, i just get pissed off when some of them think that people who don't think the same way as them are bludgy etc
totally agree! when i say i dont do maths or science sum ppl look at me as if to say...'ooh..that was a mistake'...but if i was doing so bad in them from 7-10...y take the chance for my HSC?? to all of those ppl who are good at creative and 'logical' subjects- good on ya...

Giant Lobster

HSC
Originally posted by johnson
i hope to god that you are joking cos if not i'll e-punch you or something :p
heh bring it on mr.icantthinklogicallysoillpullstuffoutofmyassandcallitcreativity
ok im joking... about this, and that. :p

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Seriously, I can't believe people say that arts are easier than logical subjects.... logical subjects are just that, logical!!!!!!!!!! You follow a law or fomulae or something and you get answers. There is no formula for analyzing poetry, or designing a stage costume, or writing a short story.... in my opinion it is harder to be creative than logical (even though I am more creative than logical myself).

Giant Lobster

HSC
yeh in a non-logical way, i agree with u. :D

i guess its a matter of opinion / personal experience really. maybe its cos ppl like me, all we've faced in life are mind-boggling problems that require maths / sciences / logical approach to solve, and in a way thats sort of 'imprinted' into our minds and we naturally think that stuff is basically as hard as life gets. then theres the creative ppl who write poems and dance around. i mean, that cud be hard too! its just perspective... :p

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
But I dance around and do chem, bio (though I would hardly count bio as science) and 3 U maths... so I must be creative in a logical way lol.

Jinglebell

HSC
Originally posted by braindrainedAsh
But I dance around and do chem, bio (though I would hardly count bio as science) and 3 U maths... so I must be creative in a logical way lol.
exactly, i do 4u english along with maths, sdd, phys and sor...in yr 11 i also did ancient history and wanted to also do dance and 3u maths, but couldn't due to clashes. a fairly mixed bag as far as the logical/creative thing goes. people always tell me how logical i am, but i adore creative stuff too, so go figure:)

Saul

*ss
HSC
you guys suck, 4 unit math is far harder than 4 english. Not just a matter of following a formula, you got to be creative to excel in it.

Giant Lobster

HSC
yeh srsly he's right
like once u get to 4u all the questions r like wtf and full unique and u basically have to make up ur own methods every time. no set formulae to follow.

meh, i think both is ridiculously hard.

Saul

*ss
HSC
i think both are quite easy, i just dont like these guys assuming that logic is a flaw.

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
i don't think that any particular type of subject is easier. they're both different. i admire people who can utilise both sides of their brain effectively. but i do resent how people (such as Giant Lobster) believe (and i quote) "anything that isn't logical is a bludge".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)