Why do Asians have an aversion to age? (2 Viewers)

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
me neither. although, im only one asian. i love old movies esp classics and period dramas. I bought the "to kill a mockingbird" dvd the other day for 3 bucks at HMV :D

Last edited:

santaslayer

HSC
Sarah168 said:
me neither. although, im only one asian. i love old movies esp classics and period dramas. I bought the "to kill a mockingbird" dvd the other day for 3 bucks at HMV :D
WTF? Sarah, you AzN??? I didn't know that!

Pics Pleeeaze. :p

NTB: They aren't racist threads because the thread creator has nfi what the hell he's talking about. It only reveals his inability to start an intellectual conversation about Asians.

Intellectual conversations about Asians include their hotness, their gangsta-ness, their easyway-ness, their karaoke-ness and their DDR-ness.

EDIT 1: Sarah, I never spam, but thank you. :p

Last edited:

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
I don't have a problem with being Asian. I'm just frustrated that my Asian friends are all so very prejudiced against old movies. It's an observation that's apparently unfounded based on the responses on this board, but nevertheless it is something I've noticed a lot elsewhere. I think it's a perfectly justified observation. I realise that people our age, Asian or not, do have a tendency to like big budget blockbusters anyway, but the trend seems to be more pervasive with my Asian friends than my non-Asian friends. It's just as simple as that.

santaslayer

HSC
Benny_ said:
I don't have a problem with being Asian. I'm just frustrated that my Asian friends are all so very prejudiced against old movies. It's an observation that's apparently unfounded based on the responses on this board, but nevertheless it is something I've noticed a lot elsewhere. I think it's a perfectly justified observation. I realise that people our age, Asian or not, do have a tendency to like big budget blockbusters anyway, but the trend seems to be more pervasive with my Asian friends than my non-Asian friends. It's just as simple as that.
See, the thing I don't understand about your topic is that it has no real basis for conversation, so I'll just use what you've said above as a guide.

Your Asian friends may not dislike old movies as such but because, as you've said, it's OLD/ a CLASSIC. They've probably seen it so many times that they will opt for a multimillion dollar budget movie instead. I mean, what else is there on offer? Do you suggest we watch ONLY classics and ditch the blockbusters? You may be inclined to do so but your friends may not feel the same way. I am not personally going to watch "Gone With the Wind" all day and everyday for the rest of my life. There is a limit as to how many old films one can appreciate and once that appreciation has maxed out, one will inevitably look for something NEW, like "House Of Wax".

!! CaR`JiE !!

cäяяoт ^^'
HSC
oh ..never knew paris in "house of wax" .. i was excited to watch another horror one in cinemas

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
It's a very, very bad movie. But seeing Paris Hilton getting speared with a blunt object is kinda cool.

Santaslayer- I don't believe I suggested that we should ditch blockbusters. If that's the message you got, I'm sorry for misleading you. This year's there's been hardly anything but blockbusters to see at the cinemas, and I myself have wanted to, though not yet had the time to see Batman Begins and War of the Worlds. There are many, many classics that would take a good couple of years to go through even for the most zealous movie buff, they're hardly in short supply. I don't expect anyone to watch classics exclusively, but disregarding them entirely is rather narrowminded- and that is exactly the case with my a lot of my friends who.. *gasp* happen to be Asian.

santaslayer

HSC
Sorry, I didn't mean to create a whole new topic on the House Of Wax but it was the latest movie I saw so I used it as an example, not thinking it'll sprout more topics to be discussed. :p

You are very fortunate to be able to appreciate such classics. Your friends may not be like that. Everyone's different. I, for one, usually go with the majority when it comes to movie choices/what to eat. It's very difficult for everyone to go and do something I like. You should do the stuff you enjoy together with your friends and then find spare time to do your own stuff. Alternatively, you could introduce these things to your friends. (which you probably would of done).

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
I'm asian and I enjoy older films and even 1980's sitcoms.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
ooo i loved that "get smart" show...is it from the 60's or something!? lol

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
Sarah168 said:
You're asian?

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
Sarah168 said:
That was 80's :p

So was:
- Get Smart
- Mr Ed
- Full House
- Three's Company
- I love Lucy

and many more popular ones that I don't remember.

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
Sarah168 said:
Shoe phone!

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
bscienceboi said:
That was 80's :p

So was:
- Get Smart
- Mr Ed
- Full House
- Three's Company
- I love Lucy

and many more popular ones that I don't remember.
no way!! it was definitely NOT from the 80's :p

Calculon said:
You're asian?
Yes.

Last edited:

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Three's Company and Full House are the only 80s sitcoms out of the ones you listed. Get Smart IS from the 60s.

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
Benny_ said:
Three's Company and Full House are the only 80s sitcoms out of the ones you listed. Get Smart IS from the 60s.
Hmmm :| I read it off a list from a website

Guess I was wrong then.

Funny enough there was actually a question on in on Temptation today.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)