• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Why do Aussies give Aboriginal Aussies a hard time? (1 Viewer)

When will an Aboriginal Australian become Prime Minister of Australia?

• 0-5 YEARS

Votes: 4 1.6%
  • 5-10 YEARS

Votes: 3 1.2%
  • 10-15 YEARS

Votes: 14 5.7%
  • 15-20 YEARS

Votes: 18 7.3%
  • 20-25 YEARS +

Votes: 64 26.1%
  • NEVER

Votes: 142 58.0%

• Total voters

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Mal Brough is of Aboriginal ancestry dude. And I think he's the one I'm thinking of, although is there a different one...

71Bleach

HSC
I really need to get SMS alerts when threads like these pop up.

You answered all of your questions with the second line. As long as Aboriginals continue with a "them and us" mentality, (i.e. referring to a police officer as "us"), we'll never feel the need to include you.

As soon as Aboriginals start taking accountability for their own actions, instead of blaming "us".

True that.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
Also, they smell.

That's not mindless racist bullshit for the hell of it, their body odour is incredibly potent compared to that of a caucasian.

Last edited:

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Yeah nah, I was quite sure that there was something quite reliable (albeit controversial) that suggested intelligence differences due to race. I'm off to dinner now for a few hours, but I'll resume this when I return.

In the mean time, Rockyroad, I implore you to spare me with your neutral repping. It's lol

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Also, they smell.

That's not mindless racist bullshit for thr hell of it, their body odour is incredibly potent compared to that of a caucasian.
I think that has more to do with their socio-economic status.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
There was this dude (can't remember his name) that had the idea that IQ was proportional to the "age" of a race - i.e. "indiginous" populations, such as Aboriginies, American Indians and - crucially to this guy's point of view, he was a raving racist - native Africans/African-Americans were older in evolutionary terms than Caucasians, which were "older" than "Orientals", the "newest-evolved" human race.

Interesting, but kooky.

71Bleach

HSC
Because they are the minority and we can.

Because it has become so prevalent it is a social norm, and a form of 'patriotism'.

Because of a lack of understanding as to why the indigenous community receive government benefit and supposed 'advantages'.

Because when you cut to the thick of it, we were wrong, and no one wants to admit to that wholeheartedly.
Sorry, pretty sure thats just the kind of politicaly correct BS that continues to contribute to the problem.
I can agree with the first point, ignorant red neck dickheads are always a pain in the ass of progress.
the crap about 'we were wrong blablabla doesn't achieve shit and only contributes to the us and them mentality, as do as hand outs and advantages for aboriginals and islanders. why would you decide whether someone gets assistance based on their RACE, WTF!!! if there has ever been a more racist policy is australia!!
certainly I agree that there are communities which need extra assistance, most of which being dominated by people who happen to be aboriginal, a fact which I believe should be irrelevent.
so instead of the countless questionaires/ registration form asking for my race why can't they just ask if my father was a alcho who bashed my mother, if I come froma shitty dead end community, if i have missed out on the opportunities of an average aussie etc.
btw, I'm not just some city kid who thinks he knows it all, I dont know it all, but I am a 'white fella' I grew up and went to school in a particularly dismal aboriginal community, I had a farely unique perspective on the cituation, For senior school I went to boarding school in queensland where I shared my room with blokes from the opposite end of the spectrum, blokes who's grandparents had benefetted enormously from the so called 'stolen generation' and who's parents where extremely respectable people and themselves where blokes of the highest moral character and very intelligent.
now this begs a question. is it possible that my mates actualy benefitted on acount of the stolen generation, of course they did.
and btw they didnt lose their culture, white fellas didnt take the culture (though we probably caused it) its alchohol, drugs and turps that has and continues to destroy culture.
I was once talking to a bloke, one of the most caring and understand old fellas I know, who has spent the better part of 50 years working with young people in various communities throughout the NT and told me quietly when we came to the subject that the only way to 'close the gap' within my lifetime would be for another equivelent of the stolen genthaneration, perhaps better managed and funded.
lol, thanks for your time.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
There was this dude (can't remember his name) that had the idea that IQ was proportional to the "age" of a race - i.e. "indiginous" populations, such as Aboriginies, American Indians and - crucially to this guy's point of view, he was a raving racist - native Africans/African-Americans were older in evolutionary terms than Caucasians, which were "older" than "Orientals", the "newest-evolved" human race.

Interesting, but kooky.
Well on face value you can say it's wrong anyway. Many ancient civilisations that are now extinct, that were around well before these "newer" civilisations were far more advanced at the time...

boris

Banned
HSC
the average IQ for Australia as a whole is 98. That is fucking embarrasing.

my brother who is almost too dumb to function unless that function involved killing something has an IQ only slightly below that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)