Why do Aussies give Aboriginal Aussies a hard time? (1 Viewer)

When will an Aboriginal Australian become Prime Minister of Australia?

• 0-5 YEARS

Votes: 4 1.6%
  • 5-10 YEARS

Votes: 3 1.2%
  • 10-15 YEARS

Votes: 14 5.7%
  • 15-20 YEARS

Votes: 18 7.3%
  • 20-25 YEARS +

Votes: 64 26.1%
  • NEVER

Votes: 142 58.0%

• Total voters
HSC
Generally members of the legislature/executive/judiciary come from the upper middle class and have a strong professional background, particually in the law. Because Aboriginals do not make up a significant proportion of that class, the chances of an aboriginal presence in government is slim.

Also I think the Westminster discourages parties taking a risk with an indigenous candidate. Only the right wingers/old people/dumb shits really give a shit about the race/gender/ sexuality of a politician, whereas the more liberal public couldn't be more apathetic. As such political parties tend to cater for the former in order to get the best of both worlds.

Last edited:

Lance Ga

HSC
well how about you clean yourselves, stop being violent, stop sniffing petrol and being fucking useless fucks who can't support a family. It is a godsend that those poor children were taken away from their useless fuckwit families and given a proper upbringing to at least attempt to counteract their already-tainted nature.

p.s: im 100% joking, i love you <3<3<3<3

i hope you guys get there one day! keep fighting the good fight!
i'm not impressed with your racist jokes, youre a pathetic trash that should...
[GO DIAF]

zazzy1234

Banned
HSC
i msut admit there r quite a fair bit of abos that r gettin missed treated. But u abos need to stand up and who cares what others say. Also yes i belive that there will be an Aboriginal prime minister if there are aborigines that r willing to get into that feild. But i don't seem to see any.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
i msut admit there r quite a fair bit of abos that r gettin missed treated. But u abos need to stand up and who cares what others say. Also yes i belive that there will be an Aboriginal prime minister if there are aborigines that r willing to get into that feild. But i don't seem to see any.

Please punch yourself in the throat.

nisseltaria

HSC
Because we try to teach multiculturalism without teaching culture. Australian schools tend to have a very basic, very isolationist view on history, geopolitics and religion. We could greatly reduce racial and religious discrimination throughout Australia if we made the understanding and recognition of cultures and their origins a key focus in the curriculum. In terms of real world use, it is at least as important as mathematics or literacy yet, often due to political sensitivity or the hijacking of "identity" by racists, we leave only the barest traces woven into HSC/equivalent subjects.

I advocate the teaching of the entire current Studies of Religion II course or a course of similar depth to every student in Australia over the course of compulsory schooling. This gives schools a chance to teach several major rituals/core beliefs/ethical standpoints for each major world religion, and would allow Aboriginal Spiritualities to be studied alongside them. It would also give students a better understanding of the role of religion in their lives and counter black-and-white views.

If we also taught children about the cultures which have led to today's world in a similar manner we could enrich their understanding of their fellows, their families and their surrounds. This would decrease racial intolerance by default. How many pupils have read Shakespeare and wondered who "Jove" was? Or assumed traditional chinese music could not be played on western instruments through ignorance of pentatonic scales?

How many children have been taught that apologising for the fact of another person's deeds is an admission of personal guilt rather than an acknowledgement of a previous wrong and a pledge to prevent any repeat, ever? How many children identify themselves by the colour of their skin, a physical trait with the meanest links to cultures, rather than the meaningful experiences and interactions which could build a real, strong and unique identity? One that defines their place in this great fusion of cultures, giving them both pride in their roots and the freedom to live and grow on their own path.

/Soapbox

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
I don't think it's impossible for an aboriginal to become prime minister.

Holly_H

HSC
In my legal class we were discussing the appointment of the US Presidency to an African American, our teacher said "maybe one day there might be an Aboriginal Prime Minister", a guy in my class piped up with "great! he will probably make every Friday a public holiday so we can get drunk". Plenty laughed, i shook my head, the teacher smiled. Enough said.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)