Why Do Guys Have To Make The 1st Move? (1 Viewer)

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
"Why?
Why do males usually have to make the 1st move? I mean come on girls, are you that afraid of being rejected, or are guys just this scarey?

I mean come on girls why wont u get out there,
the sooner u ask, the closer you to getting bling/money/cars/penthouses lol?"

Discuss the above quote with reference to Jung's anima theory.

NB: this is not satire.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
I know more guys that actually make the first move more than girls.... Girls just hint and flirt and flutter their eyelashes.

Except the stupid girls that blow cigarette smoke on the guy they like thinking its sexy. *shudders*

anime theory? What?

*runs away

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
ur_inner_child said:
anime theory? What?

*runs away
not anime, it's anima. This was one of the unconcious archetypes theorised by philosopher Carl Jung, who was a psychoanalyst like Sigmund Freud.
The animus is the masculine side of the female and the anima is the feminine side of the male. This expands on Freud's writings that we are all born bisexual and develop normal sexual attraction through our psychosexual development. According to Jung, we all have an unconscious opposite gender hidden within us and the role of this archetype is to guide us toward the perfect mate. In other words, we project our animus/anima onto others as they project theirs onto us. When a match is made, we have found a suitable partner.
here, try this for some light reading on anima.

Last edited:

GSTARRAW

Dude that's whacked shit... scientists are fucken nerds however i must say, full respect for whoever developed that theory fucken interesting.

Who cares, just be a bloke and make the first move, if u get denied, fuck her off and meet up with your mates and get shitfaced and hook up with some B-grade hooker.

Either way, your initial intentions of getting some pussy are being fulfilled.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
ARABIANKNIGHT said:
Who cares, just be a bloke and make the first move, if u get denied, fuck her off and meet up with your mates and get shitfaced and hook up with some B-grade hooker.

Either way, your initial intentions of getting some pussy are being fulfilled.
i'm not interested in the act per se, but why the act has to be initiated by the males. is it social expectations? if so, why? if not, what other causes are there?

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
I figure its because of old traditions. For example the man would need her father's permission to date her. That women were posessions etc. And you need permission.... This goes with a lot of different cultures...

Now that women aren't as "owned" anymore, I guess men ask the women instead of their fathers....

Although it's a changing thing, at least to me...

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
ur_inner_child said:
I figure its because of old traditions. For example the man would need her father's permission to date her. That women were posessions etc. And you need permission.... This goes with a lot of different cultures...
haha, inverting the situation, i would quite admire the woman who asks my mother permission to date me.

i reckon in this politically-correct and post-modern world we need some gender inversion indeed. maybe the next trend should be placing men on pedestals.

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
It's just established social convention... doesn't mean that there are exceptions. I know a lot of female friends and a certain girl I've had a relationship with that weren't afraid to make the first move... if they liked the boy, then they'd take a shot with him and not wait for him.

If girls expect guys to make a move on them all the time, they'll miss out on a lot because not every guy will get the hint or want to make the first move. I think in todays society, that social expectation of which gender makes the first move has been blurred a lot meaning that a lot of people are unsure over who should make the first move. With this, the only solution should be irrespective of gender, if you want to make a move on someone, then just do it and see what happens.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
I think women do tend to make the first move, but not..
like, women flirt and whatnot a lot more than guys, and that flirting could be seen as the first move...its just then left upto the guys to do something about it

as for why guys have to make the first (or second, depending on how you look at it) move, as others have said, i think its just deep, ingrained social conventions.

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
hipsta_jess said:
I think women do tend to make the first move, but not..
like, women flirt and whatnot a lot more than guys, and that flirting could be seen as the first move...its just then left upto the guys to do something about it

as for why guys have to make the first (or second, depending on how you look at it) move, as others have said, i think its just deep, ingrained social conventions.
listen up fellas, she is v right. :p

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Yes, flirting.... thats not a first move. Only because most males with never pick up on it...or they're turned off because they think that girl over there is really gorgeous but she's got this twitchy eye and she looks like she has a rash behind her ear because she keeps touching or scratching at it. :D

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
because girls are pussies

not literally

because im traditional and i like when the guy is in charge so i can swoon and bat my eyelashes

Tusitula

cute (ugly but adorable)
HSC
Raiks said:
Yes, flirting.... thats not a first move. Only because most males with never pick up on it...or they're turned off because they think that girl over there is really gorgeous but she's got this twitchy eye and she looks like she has a rash behind her ear because she keeps touching or scratching at it. :D
ahaha your a king lol

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Asquithian said:
I tink this is typical

1. Girl flirts and laughs at the guys jokes etc...makes it clear to the male that she likes him in some way...ie hint hint hint hint hint hint

2. Guy responds and does the manly asking out.

end of story
or two other alternatives.

ALTERNATIVE 1:
1. Girl flirts, laughs at the guy's jokes, makes it clear etc hint hint hint hint hint hint hint hint hint

2. Guy does not respond. Is too blind to figure it out. She's even on his lap and whispering in a sexy voice dirty things, lovely things, arousing things... The guy has no clue.

ALTERNATIVE 2:

1. Girl flirts blah blah blah look above

2. Guy picks it up, figures it out. Is turned on. Looks at her enthusiastically at her. His heart has quickened, thinking "hey this girl is coming onto me and she's hot and smart and sexy and has a mad ass personality".... He asks her out appropriatley

3. Girl giggles and says "we're just friends! waa! I'm too hurt from my ex boyfriend! I'm not ready! Waa! Woe is me! If you wanna get with me, you're going to have to listen to my emotional problems of my past! Waa!"

hbk_ace

your all F**k Liars
ur_inner_child said:
or two other alternatives.

ALTERNATIVE 2:

1. Girl flirts blah blah blah look above

2. Guy picks it up, figures it out. Is turned on. Looks at her enthusiastically at her. His heart has quickened, thinking "hey this girl is coming onto me and she's hot and smart and sexy and has a mad ass personality".... He asks her out appropriatley

3. Girl giggles and says "we're just friends! waa! I'm too hurt from my ex boyfriend! I'm not ready! Waa! Woe is me! If you wanna get with me, you're going to have to listen to my emotional problems of my past! Waa!"
hahahaha.
lol

lol
wat a slut, go suk a dik (not u innerchild)

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
hmm heres my story..
for the past 6 months or so this guy has been workin with me and i kinda like him.. but when i found out he was 21 it was a bit like hmmm too old (im only 17) but yeh i made friends with him and we always talk at work..
i felt bad for getting him into trouble a couple of times because he wasnt working and talking to me so i wrote him a note saying 'hey i feel bad for getting u into trouble.. maybe we can catch up outside of work sometime?'
this was on saturday afternoon.. i like went and talked to him then gave him the note and went byeee before he could ask wat it was lol..
anyway today i thought about avoiding him cuz its so not like me to give guys my number but he was there as i was walking out so i talked to him a bit till i saw a manager
then tonite (about half an hour ago which is why im still freaking out and i feel like telling people) he messaged me saying he wished he could talk longer but it was busy.. it would be good to catch up outside of work but cuz im starting a new job ill be really busy.. but ive got a day off on wednesday if u wanted to do something?
*freaks out again*
hmm this story should have a moral of some sort and not just be my random ranting.. umm girls make the first move before someone else does :p

hbk_ace

your all F**k Liars
lol good for u cro_angel. but where does he work??
just make sure his not a 21 year old loser who looks for younger girls

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
umm he still works at woolies on weekends but he got a job with some design company.. hes been going to heaps of interviews (he finished college last yr) but keeps getting narrowed down till the end where they hire the other person with more experience.. which sucks because how are u meant to get experience if no one hires u?
anyway he was doing work experience with a few different companies then one liked him and offered him a job
umm i dont think hes like that.. some of the other grocery guys like fully try to pick up the other checkout chicks but i havent really seen him do so.. he seems a bit more reserved but really easy to talk to
i think he was just as weirded out when he found out i was 17 as i was when i found out he was 21.. lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)