Why do people think MIF is bad? (1 Viewer)

Kurosaki

True Fail Kid
HSC
Liesss

Margaret grove doesn't have a 4 unit book :/
There's a reason I used it exclusively for harder MX1 :haha:. But yeah, don't use MIF I think Pender's book better, all Latexed and a greater variety of exercises (I like the extension activities for Pender as well, especially for the greatness of combinatorics and probability).

HSC
Please. Why not both? =). But yes, MIF is the only way forward.
HAHA both will be brutal!
I still can't choose which one to do (both courses I like), I keep changing my mind every now and then. I guess it'll be dependent on my ATAR. Adv math is only 95 at UNSW with bonus points so that's sweet and Actuarial is 97. (EAS bonus points, if i fall short of 97)
Liesss

Margaret grove doesn't have a 4 unit book :/
She made an exclusive textbook for kurosaki and I

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
There's a reason I used it exclusively for harder MX1 :haha:. But yeah, don't use MIF I think Pender's book better, all Latexed and a greater variety of exercises (I like the extension activities for Pender as well, especially for the greatness of combinatorics and probability).
Have you seen her challenge questions? They are literally equivalent to the skill level required to answer MX1 multiple choice :/

I agree with your second part :)

HAHA both will be brutal!
I still can't choose which one to do (both courses I like), I keep changing my mind every now and then. I guess it'll be dependent on my ATAR. Adv math is only 95 at UNSW with bonus points so that's sweet and Actuarial is 97. (EAS bonus points, if i fall short of 97)

She made an exclusive textbook for kurosaki and I
Yeah just do both courses and use MIF --> guaranteed HD
97 eez for you!
Exclusive? Jeez margaret grove don't you have better things to do? :p

FancyPenguin

HSC
I feel really shit seeing as I struggle with some of the harder questions in the MIF exercises. also how large is the difference in questions between MIF and cambridge?

swagmeister

HSC
I dropped to general because of MIF..... (not really but I hated it so much I used the Cambridge one to supplement it)

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
I feel really shit seeing as I struggle with some of the harder questions in the MIF exercises. also how large is the difference in questions between MIF and cambridge?
This was me first term in year 11. I sucked so bad and that's coz MIF promotes rote learning.

The difference is actually MASSIVE and that's not an exaggeration. Best to switch asap.

Scott752

HSC
Thanks for telling me this now guys right after I've sat the paper :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)