Why do you start a relationship? (1 Viewer)

ariande

The Don
HSC
i think it is dependant on the two people involved... i mean at this age it is a rare thing for a relationship to last and end up in marriage, but it is still possible. i don't see the point in being in a relationship when there is a 100% chance that we will break up in the end. i know it is likely, but i don't want it to be absolute.

relationships at every level are a necessary part of life, it is where we learn all of our social skills and the abillity to interact with each other. i guess a 'relationship' per se with another person is like a very very strong friendship, taken to the next level. so if you look at it in those terms, would you start a friendship with someone - that being a close friendship - and go into it with the knowledge that the friendship would die at some stage? i don't think there are many people who do that. for me, it is the same with a relationship. i like to keep my options open.

i have friends with differing opinions though, one friend of mine (when she was in a relationship with her last boyfriend) assured me that they would break up at some stage. it was hard for me to understand... even though i know she was being logical because it was very likely that that would happen, i was still dumbfounded by her certainty. on the other hand, another friend of mine and her boyfriend are certain that their relationship will end in marriage and children, and most people don't believe that it will, simply because of how young they are.

i don't think (nowadays) that it is healthy to plan a marriage from the start of a relationship, but i don't see the need to assure yourself that there will be a breakup. perhaps thinking too far ahead could be damaging to a relationship rather than helpful? as someone said, the present is now, you have to live in it.

jebbie

imrad. yourerad. letshug.
HSC
I start a relationship because I feel the <3 and I <3 the <3 and sometimes you just cant supress the <3

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
jebbie said:
I start a relationship because I feel the <3 and I <3 the <3 and sometimes you just cant supress the <3
I love the less than three.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)