Why does dying your hair too much bad? (1 Viewer)

Lizakith

Go go gadget spleen!
HSC
You're really on fire tonight.

To answer the question;
Dyeing your hair with permanent or semipermanent colour actually includes applying chemicals to your hair that open up the follicles along your hair shaft, which allows the colour in. Then of course they can't be closed properly so other harmful crap can get in, and moisture is lost.
Straightening basically strips the moisture out of your hair.

Last edited:

Ivorytw

Middle Management
HSC
N/A
For the same reason James Marsters had to shave his hair after Buffy.

DownInFlames

Token Member
where I spend the vast majority of my time
HSC
Lizakith said:
To answer the question;
Dyeing your hair with permanent or semipermanent colour actually includes applying chemicals to your hair that open up the follicles along your hair shaft, which allows the colour in. Then of course they can't be closed properly so other harmful crap can get in, and moisture is lost.
Wow, I didn't actually know that. Thanks Liz :)

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
I think hair dye is a pretty cool guy. eh opens follicles and doesn't afraid of anything.

fareezuh

HSC
depends if you use henna it's usually goof for the harir the conditioning not suitable for blondes.
ammonia is bad it wrecks your hair hair follicle e.t.c but imagine hair are cells too, approx the first half inch is alive.

boris

Banned
HSC
It's called google

Hair coloring and bleaching are universally damaging to hair. It is sometimes said that chemical processing adds body to the hair. This means that the dyeing procedure allows the hair to stand away from the scalp with greater ease. This is not due to healthier hair, but rather to hair damage that makes the hair frizzy and more susceptible to static electricity. "The basic rules of hair dyeing are always staying within your color group, preferably dyeing the hair no more than three shades from the natural color," said Dr. Draelos.

jazzbaby

HSC
u can always opt for that herbal dye if ur worried about opening the follicles in your hair shaft

nr790

HSC
goony said:
I think hair dye is a pretty cool guy. eh opens follicles and doesn't afraid of anything.
lol machinima

*hopeful*

HSC
^ haha same

use henna if you want a healthier alternative or just give your hair a break and dont colour too often

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)