Why is my computer so slow? (1 Viewer)

zehurricane

Capitalism, Ho!
HSC
ok you need at least 2 gig of ram or more...and better cpu your one is ancient like my P2 350 mhz >.>

*Jezzza

HSC
Uni Grad
Whenever my computer goes slow, it's format time. I usually format my computer once a year to get it to run nice until I clog it up with programs and what not again.

BIGTYMA

Focus
HSC
Type msconfig in run, click start up take out all the bullshit that doesnt need to be booted at start up, after thats done use SB&SD, then disk clean up, finally defrag.

if all else fails reformating is the final resort.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
me121 said:
yeah but that will only kill it once it's already started. i want it to never start in the first place.

one is 80GB, the other is 80GB. yeah i don't know. is 10GB free space enough? and yes i've got billions of programs. what is the best free, spyware/adware/tojan removal tool?, Spybot Search and Destroy? I'll try it. Thanks, hero.
avast is a great free anti-virus program

Evilo

HSC
hero. said:
You should download Spybot Search and Destroy to get rid of the spyware that has been accumulating from your ventures on the internet.
+1

Go through your comp and remove all the spyware shit first/useless programs.
Also put in new ram. 4GB ram costs zip, especially with a desktop. Just get a nerd friend to install it.
Also have a look through the 'optimize xp' thread.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
i would:
- Back up anything important or anything that you wanna keep
-Format your computer
-Clean out all dust from your computer
-Re-install all the nessersary programs you need.

zzdfa

HSC
Forbidden. said:
but ccleaner only finds stuff it knows you dont need, like temp files. Overdisk shows you whats taking up all your space in the form of a pie chart so you can delete it, like stuff you forgot was ever there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)