Why Isnt Anyone doing Forensic? (1 Viewer)

m_vanarey

Hey Students of 04' and the past.

I put it to the organizers and the budding forensic chemists to put a few topic
summaries and notes on forensic chemistry in the website; it would benefit me
and a whole lot of other students.

Cheers Michael V.

vicburke

Capt. Schneider Bandwagon
HSC
we're doing forensics and IM SO EXCITED - it sounds like so much fun compared to the other options....hehehe very lucky.
We are doing our option last so sorry that i cant help you with the summaries

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i did it last year and it was great! but beware it's not all about crimes, you learn about dna, glucose and i can't remember what else. i just remember people in my class were disappointed there wasn't much on crimes as the name suggests.

m_vanarey

Thanks Guys, But weres the HELP!

Thanks for replying.
Stocked to be leanring things about DNA.
BUT NO CRIME!!! :chainsaw: thats the best part about it man... im devoed.

I Could see myself becomeing the next CSI dude.. ahhh the dream.

Does anyone have Summary Notes?

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
haha this isn't as great as you think
you have to bullshit heaps in this, and that's more difficult than it seems.

TheKing

its sounds more interesting than the other options but its not really that popular, there must be a reason....

joshhopp

HSC
Im doing it, got an assesment task coming up about the usefullness of DNA in crime investigation, I really need some resources, I can't find any!

flubber

yeh i think we r gna do forensic science but im stumped, is it about DNA and all that shit?
im crap at that
if there are ne useful notes out there then please let me know
thxxxx

G

Gavvvvvin

I thought we would be doing CSI - style shit in this topic . . . boy was i wrong! =P

leumas

Yea - i thought it would be good too - its actually pretty anal really. My teacher spoon-feeds us though - so thats allright

Lou_86

pro procrastinator
HSC
a few girls in our class wanted to do this...but got voted out on the basis of no text books made on this topic...well not many compared to shipwrecks..

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Lou_86 said:
a few girls in our class wanted to do this...but got voted out on the basis of no text books made on this topic...well not many compared to shipwrecks..
it was the opposite for us1. the teachers in love wit the 2 girls that wanted to do it. its a good topic.

Paroissien

HSC
Luckily forensics is alright because for us there was no choice. At the start of year 12 our teacher asked us a rhetorical question about what elective we wanted to do. At this stage none of us knew which electives there were, so there was never a real chance we would do anything else. Also our teacher is someone you don't argue with.

ff25d

we're studying forensics too! in fact, every high school in my city is!
my teacher chose forensic chem because "the syllabus was written by someone who doesn't know a thing about forensic chemistry and so it's all wishy-washy basic". you have to love my chem teacher. he's got a point, it's not as detailed as some of the other options. we're all pretty happy with it!

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
It still has some hard parts though.

Paroissien said:
Also our teacher is someone you don't argue with.
Haha! I love having an easy teacher. Ive convinced him to give me marks in, I think, all but 1 assessment.

Paroissien

HSC
Lucky bastard. My teacher is more likely to kill me, than give me any extra marks. She takes it quite personally if you even check through your assessments looking for mistakes.

LadyBec

KISSmeCHASY
HSC
we're doing forensics, i really like it, i find it easier then most of the other topics, which is good as im REALLY bad at chem lol

scruffy012

HSC
well the main reason most schools aren't doing Forensics because it is so hard. (well harder to do than most of the other topics) im doing Shipwrecks and Salvage (well i live on the coast and the main idea is very easily seen, as redox corrosions are occuring all over my local area (Northern Rivers).

but Forensics would be great because it covers the hardest bits in bio (ie protein synthesis, DNA, etc) but its easier to relate a topic to the local environment and thats really the main reason why most people do other topics.

scruffy

Lorie

HSC
well the main reason most schools aren't doing Forensics because it is so hard

sam forensics isn't hard. You just have to carry the 6 and then drop the y and add ie.

It's only hard if you don't work at it. Remember cchemistry isn;t the highest scaling 2 unit couse for nothing

but all i had to do was write a fecking story and i scale higher... mwahahahah
-burkasauras

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Lorie said:
well the main reason most schools aren't doing Forensics because it is so hard

sam forensics isn't hard. You just have to carry the 6 and then drop the y and add ie.

It's only hard if you don't work at it. Remember cchemistry isn;t the highest scaling 2 unit couse for nothing

but all i had to do was write a fecking story and i scale higher... mwahahahah
-burkasauras
High scaling has nothing to do with the difficulty of the subject, its the quality of the candidature that determines scaling.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)