Why not 100 ? (1 Viewer)

john-doe

HSC
i thought atar was like a percentile..so 99.95 atar means top 0.05% of the state isnt it??? so atar of 100 would mean top 0.00 % which doesnt make sense?? am i right???

U MAD BRO

HSC
N/A
i thought atar was like a percentile..so 99.95 atar means top 0.05% of the state isnt it??? so atar of 100 would mean top 0.00 % which doesnt make sense?? am i right???
yes you are.

hayabusaboston

HSC
UMAT is just stupid!
Idk I sometimes think its a frickin stupid idea, then I realise you cant have apathetic doctors who might turn to psychopaths.... so u kinda need an Emotional Intelligence test like UMAT, with the IQ component just to be sure that the person has the brains to work in the medical field

JINOUGA

HSC
N/A
Idk I sometimes think its a frickin stupid idea, then I realise you cant have apathetic doctors who might turn to psychopaths.... so u kinda need an Emotional Intelligence test like UMAT, with the IQ component just to be sure that the person has the brains to work in the medical field
its more efficient to work out EQ from an interview situation

U MAD BRO

HSC
N/A
Yeah true, but if you are an apathetic person why would you want to do medicine?

hayabusaboston

HSC
Yeah true, but if you are an apathetic person why would you want to do medicine?
idk LOL like that PhD neuroscientist who went psycho and killed lots of people. Though he wasnt a doctor. But kinda same idea. If you're an apathetic person you might want to do medicine for a whole bunch of reasons, there could be any number of psychological obsessions and/or ideals and compulsions someone might have in doing medicine. They could also be in it for the money of course, and couldnt give a shit about patients. Theres too many possibilities to list LOL

bleakarcher

HSC
idk LOL like that PhD neuroscientist who went psycho and killed lots of people. Though he wasnt a doctor. But kinda same idea. If you're an apathetic person you might want to do medicine for a whole bunch of reasons, there could be any number of psychological obsessions and/or ideals and compulsions someone might have in doing medicine. They could also be in it for the money of course, and couldnt give a shit about patients. Theres too many possibilities to list LOL
are you talking about the cinema massacre, the guy who pretended to be the joker from batman?

U MAD BRO

HSC
N/A
But if this apathetic person has the intelligence, he can easily pass a UMAT test and the interview + you can prepare for the UMAT through tutoring even though you are not meant to which defeats the purpose of the UMAT.
but yeah, it is all arguable.
I didn't do the UMAT because I was never into medicine but now im leaning more towards medicine but looks like transferring into medicine/post grad med is even more competitive so I'm screwed :D
And I don't think there is that much money in medicine, for example, the person that owns the tutoring company that I attend definitely earns way more money than any doctor. Medicine gives you a very stable job though.

iBibah

HSC
But if this apathetic person has the intelligence, he can easily pass a UMAT test and the interview + you can prepare for the UMAT through tutoring even though you are not meant to which defeats the purpose of the UMAT.
but yeah, it is all arguable.
I didn't do the UMAT because I was never into medicine but now im leaning more towards medicine but looks like transferring into medicine/post grad med is even more competitive so I'm screwed :D
And I don't think there is that much money in medicine, for example, the person that owns the tutoring company that I attend definitely earns way more money than any doctor. Medicine gives you a very stable job though.
lol

btw are you TheMatrix?

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC
That seems logical.

I guess another way to look at it is if ATAR's span from 0 to 99.95, and goes up by increments of 0.05, that means that there are 2000 possible ATAR's you can get (notwithstanding the fact that you wouldn't be told if you got below 30). If ATAR's went to 100 then there would be 2001 possibilities, which would seem a bit odd. So perhaps they did it for purposes of aesthetics?

smalik

HSC
99.95 means you are in the top 0.05 percent of the state. 100 is impossible because you cannot be better than yourself

iBibah

HSC
Ok so if 50 people get 99.95 each year (which they do), then there are 1000 people who sit the HSC???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)